Pathetic dalsanto

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Pathetic dalsanto

Reading this and notice him on TAC future stars... personally, I don't know what value he holds

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If he gets a weeks rest, it'd be without pay if I were IC
I'm not sure the AFLPA would be too happy about that.

Simmo2
Club Player

Sometimes I feel like Nostradamus. Perhaps a few on here owe me an apology.... Only been saying this for the last year. About time our fans started calling him to account

EDITED BY MOD TO REMOVE INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dal Santo

MCG-Unit wrote:
gringo wrote:He's not as good as he was but he's got better lately after a slow start to the year.
Yep agree with this, 20 poss 7 cont at 80% eff. Was okay last week as well. Easy target after a loss though
You argued a similar way when similar discussions were had regarding Goddard and and just like the Goddard discussions they were based on observations by astute followers of the game who know that that what they are seeing has little to do with the stats you read in the HS.

Dals very apparent and obvious lack of intensity and effort by comparison and with reference to his past performances is what frustrates more than anything else and it is even more difficult to swallow because he is supposed to be a leader at the club and is at a stage in his career when it is time to give back to the club.

Just like Goddard he will lose a lot of respect if he continues the selfish attitude of not giving everything he can for every minute he plays in the RW&B. Fair enough players leave for better deals but that shouldn't preclude players from maintaining their professionalism and commitment to the club right up until they walk out of the place for the last time. Garry Ablett demonstrated the point absolutely perfectly and played his guts out and cared about winning right up to his very last game for the Cats. Champion player and a champion person. Get a clue Dal and don't follow the poor path that Goddard took to exit the club.

Saints43
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:Easy target after a loss though
Why is he an easy target after a loss? Because he'd be in the top 5 paid players at the club yet isn't in the best 5 players all that often.

Like Goddard he doesn't even (regularly) play in a position that warrants top AFL remuneration.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:Sometimes I feel like Nostradamus. Perhaps a few on here owe me an apology.... Only been saying this for the last year. About time our fans started calling this soft c**k to account
Classy.

SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Yep agree with this, 20 poss 7 cont at 80% eff. Was okay last week as well. Easy target after a loss though
You argued a similar way when similar discussions were had regarding Goddard and and just like the Goddard discussions they were based on observations by astute followers of the game who know that that what they are seeing has little to do with the stats you read in the HS.

Dals very apparent and obvious lack of intensity and effort by comparison and with reference to his past performances is what frustrates more than anything else and it is even more difficult to swallow because he is supposed to be a leader at the club and is at a stage in his career when it is time to give back to the club.

Just like Goddard he will lose a lot of respect if he continues the selfish attitude of not giving everything he can for every minute he plays in the RW&B. Fair enough players leave for better deals but that shouldn't preclude players from maintaining their professionalism and commitment to the club right up until they walk out of the place for the last time....... Get a clue Dal and don't follow the poor path that Goddard took to exit the club.
Yes I often look at stats before commenting on a game or player, as watching live and/or on TV can be a blur - so what? So because I think Dal Santo hasn't been all that bad - always with a heavy tag - I'm not an "astute follower of the game'' ? What, like you and a few others :shock: Reckon I would have you covered WRT footy.

How do you know other folks on SS also think he has been ok, but choose not to comment or slam him? I noticed 2-3 posters gave him a vote on the BF Saints board. They can't be astute followers of footy either. Maybe some want to support him when he's not at his best, hopefully he will get back to that.

Yes I remember the discussions on Goddard - and Riewoldt, both top players who you labelled in a thread heading as 'Cancers' on the footy club. Is Dal Santo in that category now? You should have been given a holiday and the post edited. Don't talk to me about respect..........
I never open threads you start, and normally skip over your posts in a thread I'm reading.

Hold your ground :shock:
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Not the player he was.

Not as committed as Riewoldt.

Didn't do too badly last night. Not as bad as some "supporters" on here are getting into hyperbole about.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Dals attacking side of his game is generally good. Its just that he cant defend, and looks to just cruise when the opposition have the ball. I think this is watch makes supporters question him.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

Just like Goddard he will lose a lot of respect if he continues the selfish attitude of not giving everything he can for every minute he plays in the RW&B. Fair enough players leave for better deals but that shouldn't preclude players from maintaining their professionalism and commitment to the club right up until they walk out of the place for the last time....... Get a clue Dal and don't follow the poor path that Goddard took to exit the club.
Yes I often look at stats before commenting on a game or player, as watching live and/or on TV can be a blur - so what? So because I think Dal Santo hasn't been all that bad - always with a heavy tag - I'm not an "astute follower of the game'' ? What, like you and a few others :shock: Reckon I would have you covered WRT footy.

How do you know other folks on SS also think he has been ok, but choose not to comment or slam him? I noticed 2-3 posters gave him a vote on the BF Saints board. They can't be astute followers of footy either. Maybe some want to support him when he's not at his best, hopefully he will get back to that.

Yes I remember the discussions on Goddard - and Riewoldt, both top players who you labelled in a thread heading as 'Cancers' on the footy club. Is Dal Santo in that category now? You should have been given a holiday and the post edited. Don't talk to me about respect..........
I never open threads you start, and normally skip over your posts in a thread I'm reading.
You were wrong about Goddard because in the end he proved that his lower than normal output of his final 2 years at the club was because he had given up on the club. Even after you were told on many occasions that he had made a very public statement after GF2 that he felt the club had blown it's chance to win a flag and so made it very easy for people to conclude on why he was delivering reduced performances. As I say in the end he did what a lot of astute observers had predicted. It's not rocket science and can only assume that you are very young and don't understand some adult concepts or either you are an adult but don't understand some adult concepts. Either way you seem like a really angry person and find it hard to deal with small issues. Dry your eyes Princess and soldier on.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Soft downhill skier... Unfortunately, now he's putting in minimam effort as well...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:Soft downhill skier... Unfortunately, now he's putting in minimam effort as well...

Never been a soft downhill skier. Out of form now and maybe looking at playing elsewhere or lost confidence.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mightysainters wrote:Soft downhill skier... Unfortunately, now he's putting in minimam effort as well...

Never been a soft downhill skier. Out of form now and maybe looking at playing elsewhere or lost confidence.
Wrong, dont you know our players are downhill skiiers and "girls" when they dont live up to the exacting expectations of people on an internet forum ?? :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Wrong, dont you know our players are downhill skiiers and "girls" when they dont live up to the exacting expectations of people on an internet forum ?? :D

Sorry I will remember that in future.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

When he is lazy and not interested he becomes a soft downhill skier... as a whole in his career i don't think he is, but he got dropped for a reason a few years back and deserves to be now...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I find the lack of respect to guys that have played their arses off for years unbelievable. He was close to a brownlow a few years ago and has fended off offers from other clubs and has been one of our most consistent footballers for years. He is down but not as bad as some make out. Luckily the people that wanted Riewoldt retired last year didn't get their way.

He's been a champion and I will always respect him for what he has done in the past and he is still playing solid enough footy to hold a spot in the team. He's down back at the moment and is under a lot more pressure so doesn't get to play with his trade mark poise any more.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:I find the lack of respect to guys that have played their arses off for years unbelievable. He was close to a brownlow a few years ago and has fended off offers from other clubs and has been one of our most consistent footballers for years. He is down but not as bad as some make out. Luckily the people that wanted Riewoldt retired last year didn't get their way.

He's been a champion and I will always respect him for what he has done in the past and he is still playing solid enough footy to hold a spot in the team. He's down back at the moment and is under a lot more pressure so doesn't get to play with his trade mark poise any more.
U may find it desrespectful but if he isn't working hard enough, which he clearly isn't, he deserves the same fate' as the other who are not...
Playing on reputation is not what we want to instill into our younger guys.
If we want to talk about his career as a whole it's been extremely good and he was (hopefully still can be) A grade, just because of his past it doesn't mean he doesn't deaserve the same heat as others get.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

You were wrong about Goddard because in the end he proved that his lower than normal output of his final 2 years at the club was because he had given up on the club. Even after you were told on many occasions that he had made a very public statement after GF2 that he felt the club had blown it's chance to win a flag and so made it very easy for people to conclude on why he was delivering reduced performances. As I say in the end he did what a lot of astute observers had predicted. It's not rocket science and can only assume that you are very young and don't understand some adult concepts or either you are an adult but don't understand some adult concepts. Either way you seem like a really angry person and find it hard to deal with small issues. Dry your eyes Princess and soldier on.
So because I disagree with you - on issues that are very much a matter of opinion - I don't understand some adult concepts ?
Yep play the man/woman, which I'm quite sure you did with St Pav in the past. I'm not intimidated by you, nor am I " a really angry person" just bemused.

You need to grasp the concept of debate, especially when there is no definitive answer. Telling me "you were wrong about Goddard" and "you were told on many occasions" That's not how to talk to people.
You need to majorly chill out.

Hold your ground :shock:
felix
Club Player

Jack Steven is our number one player in the afl official player rankings NDS is number 2 .

gringo
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:
gringo wrote:I find the lack of respect to guys that have played their arses off for years unbelievable. He was close to a brownlow a few years ago and has fended off offers from other clubs and has been one of our most consistent footballers for years. He is down but not as bad as some make out. Luckily the people that wanted Riewoldt retired last year didn't get their way.

U may find it desrespectful but if he isn't working hard enough, which he clearly isn't, he deserves the same fate' as the other who are not...
Playing on reputation is not what we want to instill into our younger guys.
If we want to talk about his career as a whole it's been extremely good and he was (hopefully still can be) A grade, just because of his past it doesn't mean he doesn't deaserve the same heat as others get.

I don't mind people saying his output is down - he needs to lift what ever. People are calling him softcock, weak, saying they always knew he was s***, downhill skier that's disrespectful.

If I thought you were s*** at work I wouldn't review you in those terms especially if you had been with me for multiple years and been a top performer in that time.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Jack Steven is our number one player in the afl official player rankings NDS is number 2 .
please felix, you are letting facts get in the way again.

Lance or James??

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
So because I disagree with you - on issues that are very much a matter of opinion - I don't understand some adult concepts ?
Yep play the man/woman, which I'm quite sure you did with St Pav in the past. I'm not intimidated by you, nor am I " a really angry person" just bemused.

You need to grasp the concept of debate, especially when there is no definitive answer. Telling me "you were wrong about Goddard" and "you were told on many occasions" That's not how to talk to people.
You need to majorly chill out.
If things don't change they stay the same and if you keep posting the same way I keep responding the same way. Sorry but it's just a personality flaw that I am trying to work on but you're not helping. Now if you're interested, I'd be keen to know if you think Dal is producing at a level that is consistent with his past performances and if you think he isn't then what do you think might be the problem, and I stress, "think" is the operative word as I fully acknowledge that it's an opinion driven discussion so how can anything said be a "definitive answer" unless of coarse that opinion is an educated guess that is proven by subsequent actions. "Definitive opinion" maybe?

Come-on MCG-Unit, have some fun with it and let her rip.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

felix wrote:Jack Steven is our number one player in the afl official player rankings NDS is number 2 .
That doesn't say much IMO, because if you think NDS has been close to Monty and Roo you haven't been watching

patto
Club Player

mightysainters wrote:
That doesn't say much IMO, because if you think NDS has been close to Monty and Roo you haven't been watching
+1
Im sure his stats make his output look fined but thats not the issue. Its his intensity to go in hard and chase etc thats the problem. He seriously does look like he cant be bothered at times.

F_Q_F
Club Player

He doesn't look likes he is trying too hard to chase. But only being able to watch on TV, while he may be in the background he could also be 20m away and with 2 players out of shot and you wouldn't know.

But in saying that he never looks like he is trying even when he was in AA form a few years ago. He probably hasn't met a lot of fans expectations this year but we have pretty high expectations of him.