Well said Caro

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Well said Caro

i hate to admit it...'cause i usually bag what she writes...but this time caro is spot on.....spot on....really outragious and actually sick making that our former captain is now a filth hero

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yep knew the place would be crawling with likes of hutchy and Barrett and zoomed off into the sunset all the while our club was left to squirm.

Remember the live crosses on TFS that night, cameras shoved in players faces, footage of nettles pacing the floor.

Either he was uncomfortable with confronting them or enjoyed humiliating the club.

Great coach, gutless exit.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Yep knew the place would be crawling with likes of hutchy and Barrett and zoomed off into the sunset all the while our club was left to squirm.

Remember the live crosses on TFS that night, cameras shoved in players faces, footage of nettles pacing the floor.

Either he was uncomfortable with confronting them or enjoyed humiliating the club.

Great coach, gutless exit.
+1...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
This thread us about if Caro thinks he deserves a whack and why...

Reckon some out there believed he was hard done by, when clearly he is earning big money, has resources, has a great list...

Their just not buying it anymore, which is ok

I just answered what you asked. i know a lot who thought RL was a great coach but I can honestly say I dont know one who thinks he was hard done by unless we are talking about people saying he couldnt coach.
You missed the 'my situation was untenable, something happened that caused me to leave, it wasn't my intention at all' memo?

Some in the media bought into that, with the sympathising Roos playing his part as 'poor rossy' and 'they treated him very badly'

To borrow one of their words CLEARLY that wasn't the case at all.

Even his interview the other day where he lamented the days he was under resourced, that he had slat windows, no heating and cooling blah blah....

He'd not be in a position to command much if the saints hadn't handed over the senior gig and that list 6 years ago.

Just saying.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Reckon some out there believed he was hard done by, when clearly he is earning big money, has resources, has a great list...

I just answered what you asked. i know a lot who thought RL was a great coach but I can honestly say I dont know one who thinks he was hard done by unless we are talking about people saying he couldnt coach.
You missed the 'my situation was untenable, something happened that caused me to leave, it wasn't my intention at all' memo?

Some in the media bought into that, with the sympathising Roos playing his part as 'poor rossy' and 'they treated him very badly'

Even his interview the other day where he lamented the days he was under resourced, that he had slat windows, no heating and cooling blah blah....

He'd not be in a position to command much if the saints hadn't handed over the senior gig and that list 6 years ago.

Just saying.

As i said i dont care why he left and I think there was bugger all bad publicity for our club at the time. it seems a few of our star players are a bad judge of a character if he is such the bad person people paint him out to be. What i have learned on here though is you should never do the wrong thing by our club and leave unless you are injury prone or maybe finished as a player. Just look at the crap bally and Bj get off some people here.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm not talking about you, it's not always about you.

I said 'some in the media'

You are saying nobody in the media thought he was hard done by, I reckon they did.

Try not to apply this to comment to yourself....do try :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I'm not talking about you, it's not always about you.

I said 'some in the media'

You are saying nobody in the media thought he was hard done by, I reckon they did.

Try not to apply this to comment to yourself....do try :)

I actually said there was bugger all who said it, and thanks for getting personal. I answered what said by saying bugger all said it. I also said i dont care why he left. i didnt know I wasnt allowed to say that your honour. the good thing with that comment of yours though is afew will jump on your side. I suppose that was the point of it. As i said dont ever leave our club because some people just love rewriting history.

And it always about me.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: And it always about me.
Yep :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote: And it always about me.
Yep :)

Some people here have to understand humour and not taking the saints and life to seriously and also you dont need to use emoticons whan making a joke or sacasm. And i dont mean you even though i think you sometimes take criticism of the saints in the media to seriously.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hey I've turned over a new leaf.

Expressed my fair share of criticism in recent times

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

If you look at Ross Lyon the Coach v Ross Lyon the Bloke you might come up with two completely different answers !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Hey I've turned over a new leaf.

Expressed my fair share of criticism in recent times

You have and its good because it is warranted and i also agree on the trading and use of picks 12 and 13 last year. Its wait and see on those. Hope they end up as stars but cant call anything yet.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Great coach, gutless exit.
That is all.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:a shocking bounce robbed us of winning
Still makes me sick.
1 minute 31 seconds left. It wasn't a guaranteed win if he goaled. Too many forget that issue.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone actually take note of Ball's opponent in games?

Joel Selwood's performance in the 2011 Grand Final makes interesting discussion. Might be why RL didn't think he had a role. Couldn't play the Lenny role and win. Next to that a liability.

Discuss!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
karnaby wrote:Just quickly, re 2009 - 2010. There were definitely people on here who were calling out for youngsters to get a run and to be developed. I do acknowledge that injuries impacted on lyon's ability to give more kids a game but he seemed to think, and the prevailing mantra on here was '..don't flirt with form...'

Whilst I'm sure that we all enjoyed getting to those grand finals there were people at that time who were thinking about what the future might hold.
fact remains the kids we had were just not up to it ... you can say well we never tried them but lets be honest what kids were beating down the door for a go? Howard ? Miles? Hutchings? Smith?
we had late picks in shallow drafts ... hence why we picked recycled players ... our drafting was bad make no mistake but lets be honest we didnt really have any cream picks to work with

It's an impossible thing to answer. Some people just don't show form in the VFL but play well in the senior side. Lee was only just going at sandy but went really well when he got there. Al Smith for example was looking as good as any of our current kids just didn't get enough games to prove if he could go a step higher. Same with Lynch he was never given any time. Who knows what these guys could have done they weren't played. Look at his bio his numbers look good and he was a promising kid.

Alistair Smith was recruited from Perth in the 2008 AFL Draft by St Kilda, with their fourth round selection (number 62 overall).[1]
Smith plays regularly with St Kilda's Victorian Football League (VFL) affiliate team Sandringham and spent 2009 and 2010 developing his career with the Zebras in the VFL.[2]
Smith played three games in the 2010 NAB Cup.[2] The young midfielder was impressive in St Kilda's first NAB Cup match—he had 18 possessions and was named in the Saints' best. Smith was named emergency six times during the home and away season in 2010.[3]
Smith made his debut for St Kilda against Essendon at Docklands Stadium on 10 April 2011, in round 3 of the 2011 AFL season.[3] He gathered 16 disposals on debut.
Alistair Smith was delisted by St Kilda at the end of the 2011 season.[4

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Just saying.
what..?...was he too poor to buy a flowerering blow heater to put under his desk ffs.....????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

hayes66
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
karnaby wrote:Just quickly, re 2009 - 2010. There were definitely people on here who were calling out for youngsters to get a run and to be developed. I do acknowledge that injuries impacted on lyon's ability to give more kids a game but he seemed to think, and the prevailing mantra on here was '..don't flirt with form...'

fact remains the kids we had were just not up to it ... you can say well we never tried them but lets be honest what kids were beating down the door for a go? Howard ? Miles? Hutchings? Smith?
we had late picks in shallow drafts ... hence why we picked recycled players ... our drafting was bad make no mistake but lets be honest we didnt really have any cream picks to work with
Gee, you are pretty general with your fact. You have named four players, Howrad, Miles, Smith and Hutchings. So. It's a fact Hutchings is no good? Someone better tell West Coast because I don't think they know.
If what you say is a fact, then am I to assume, Steven, McEvoy, Simpkin, Lynch, Stanley etc Weren't kids? Or do you mean some kids weren't any good or all aren't any good?
I am a little confused.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: what..?...was he too poor to buy a flowerering blow heater to put under his desk ffs.....????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I think he was trying to portray that is what he left.

Pretty confident he walked from a new office, a nice leather chair, a pot plant and his name on the door....we had moved to seaford after all.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

plugger66 wrote:
I actually said there was bugger all who said it,
And it always about me.
then you missed the many times P Roos mentioned the fact that he had the inside word and the Saints did not treat RL well and messed up. (the usual incompentent Saints)
...sorry ive come late to this

Seeya
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
stinger wrote: what..?...was he too poor to buy a flowerering blow heater to put under his desk ffs.....????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pretty confident he walked from a new office, a nice leather chair, a pot plant and his name on the door....we had moved to seaford after all.
well...some of us already knew he was a...what can we say these days...????...disappointment........now it seems he is fairly free with the truth too....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I actually said there was bugger all who said it,
And it always about me.
then you missed the many times P Roos mentioned the fact that he had the inside word and the Saints did not treat RL well and messed up. (the usual incompentent Saints)
...sorry ive come late to this

He is his mate. take no notice of him. Like him though.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

I heard ion Perth last week how he said the kids had settled really well---- as most would with their own bedroom and a pool and close to the beach in warm weather--- rather than in Grandpa's back yard on a swing set....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

On Luke Ball,

the disgrace is simply the fact that we let him go for nothing.

if the coach doesn't think he is good enough whilst I may not agree, that's his call and rightly so.

I think LB is man of good character and I think he felt pretty bad about leaving a club I believe he loved for nothing. However rather than stay and play another year for another trade period... he felt very much like he had to go and got out.

Ppl on this forum attribute that to him being money hungry and Collingwood having the cards... I think that's c#$% personally. It was very clear that there was a break down in the relationship and that the writing was on the wall from RL to the point Ball had to get out. It's referenced in "Inside the Bubble" and based on what we've seen at our club and possibly at Freo too that he has a track record of this sort of thing.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

the Arrow for those who missed it
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/footyclassified/

find the video

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107