Stanley

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Stanley

Sounds really odd - but I swear he has (relatively) small hands.
Hes a ruckman or nothing.
Will never make it as a Key fwd or back.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Sounds really odd - but I swear he has (relatively) small hands.
Hes a ruckman or nothing.
Will never make it as a Key fwd or back.

Small hands. Seriously you do make me laugh. Rhys is just another average footballer we want to be better. Because of his age he may still make it but at the moment he doesnt deserve a game where ever he plays. We could always drop ben though to fit him into the side.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

In his defense he did do some big spoils last night. Being taught to be the defense/attack swingman is clearly confusing him but this is the time for experimentation and development.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

We have seen that he is not a Backman, but he has been played there purely because of his height and "hoping" for a good result, which has dented his self-confidence. I would like to see some consistency in playing him up forward, because he is certainly not developing as a player. Putting some more weight on in the off-season will help his competitiveness.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

He's hell fast though. Nearly ran down that turd. I think TDL may have got in his way a little.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think he can still make it. His confidence has been shot by being sent back. He's the player who will get the most out of a full back coming into the club. Westhoff is an example of a guy who like Stanley just teased for ages and now at about 150 games he is finally showing some consistency. Tippett and Walker were similar. Big guys take time and there is nothing but experience that will make them better.

Mc Evoy is still developing and he has played nearly every available game for years. The difference now is that Rhys is exposed because guys like Fisher aren't along side him.

lefty
Club Player

Stanley looks imo a confidence type player, get that right, the rest will come. You could see it in the last quarter, he was on, he had those two marks! He's a forward and ruck player, not a backman.
Still think he offers more than Hickey does.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Hickey is raw, but has a football brain and will keep getting better in the next few seasons but Stanley isn't a natural footballer, more like a basketballer playing football, and on top of that, seems to have lost a bit of confidence in contests.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Stanley wont be in our next finals tilt. Average Footballer. Hopefully he improves..

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Stanley wont be in our next finals tilt. Average Footballer. Hopefully he improves..
don't agree... Stan the man will be our future forward.. liked the try of him down back but i would like to see him as a CHF down the track...

Fortius Quo Fidelius