Guess The Crowd: Saints vs Port Saturday Night Special!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: Guess The Crowd: Saints vs Port Saturday Night Special!

It's pretty smile, a lot of fans will make the effort on a cold Sat night if were playing well..but will watch it on telly if we're not
Unfortunate..but it's human nature.,

Having said that..14000 is awful..surely close to our lowest ever home crowd at the ground?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:It's pretty smile, a lot of fans will make the effort on a cold Sat night if were playing well..but will watch it on telly if we're not

Having said that..14000 is awful..surely close to our lowest ever home crowd at the ground?
It's our second lowest crowd home or away at the ground, only 500 more than the lowest!

Has live TV against the gate effected us more than other clubs is my big question also?

Does anyone know how the game rated on TV and how those ratings compare to say last year??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:pathetic...... Victorian Supporters hang your heads in shame ....

None of your business if anyone turned up or not.

Maybe people had better things to do with their Saturday nights.

I for one was up on Sunday morning at 5.00 am for a 7.00am start to the half marathon I was running in.

My fitness and my sport is more important to me than making some far flung supporter from a backwater happy :roll:
as i said before i dont give a malcom blight fat rats tossbag what you were doing or why you didnt turn up ... i just find it hard to belive over half our members had other things on this saturday night ... 14K is pathetic i may be from a far flung backwater but at least our members from this backwater will support our damn team win or loss pending... 14K at a game is a joke and it makes our club look like a joke

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:It's pretty smile, a lot of fans will make the effort on a cold Sat night if were playing well..but will watch it on telly if we're not

It's our second lowest crowd home or away at the ground, only 500 more than the lowest!

Has live TV against the gate effected us more than other clubs is my big question also?

Does anyone know how the game rated on TV and how those ratings compare to say last year??
live on TV would effect it for sure but i reckon if we were 3 losses this year instead of 3 wins i reckon we would have had more turn up

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saintdooley wrote:The bar was almost empty, didn't have to wait a second to be served. I enjoyed it.
Weren't you in the CS?
Yes. Myself and about 17 others

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

heaven forbid Dools ... you mean you went near a bar then into the CS ?!?!?!? lord save us how did the CS cope with that ....
;)

sverik25
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
SinCitySainter wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:what ever .... you guys get spoilt by having the option almost every week to see your team play live i cant for the life of me understand why you dont turn up .... it especially get my goat when fans jump on facebook or on here and spout off about the team not trying or not putting enough effort in when our own fans cant be bothered to turn up ....
That is a very poor argument.
I do not get paid exorbitantly to attend games in fact I have to pay for that privilege.
I turn up to work regardless of the weather and I put in the required effort so should the players regardless of what the supporters do.
fine but its that attitude is why we are never going to be a BIG club ... how many Collingwood ferals you reckon would hold that veiw ?
you want to be a fair weather supporter than in my opinion you have no right to question the dedication to the guys who put 150% into giving their all ... geting beaten isnt not trying , getting outplayed is not giving up , not being up to standard is not being lazy ....
Well said.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
SinCitySainter wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:what ever .... you guys get spoilt by having the option almost every week to see your team play live i cant for the life of me understand why you dont turn up .... it especially get my goat when fans jump on facebook or on here and spout off about the team not trying or not putting enough effort in when our own fans cant be bothered to turn up ....
That is a very poor argument.
I do not get paid exorbitantly to attend games in fact I have to pay for that privilege.
I turn up to work regardless of the weather and I put in the required effort so should the players regardless of what the supporters do.
fine but its that attitude is why we are never going to be a BIG club ... how many Collingwood ferals you reckon would hold that veiw ?
you want to be a fair weather supporter than in my opinion you have no right to question the dedication to the guys who put 150% into giving their all ... geting beaten isnt not trying , getting outplayed is not giving up , not being up to standard is not being lazy ....
How dare you call me a fair weather supporter.
I am a fully paid up social club member and have been for over 20 years.
The club gets my money year in and year out including the 10 years I spent living in Sydney when I only got to one or two games a year.
The club only cares about my cash it sure as hell doesn't care about me or you for that matter.

And as you obviously did not understand my point I will repeat it for you.
Supporters do not have to give 100 % commitment to the club as they pay them.
Players get paid to play. If I was paid to support I would be there screaming my guts out every game.

Were you there on Saturday night or did you miss the game simply because you are on the other side of the country?
That is a good excuse for not going, better than mine certainly but still an excuse.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Scousers training sesh had more people than our game, and they had to pay to watch training!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
karnaby
Club Player

Well one supporter from that far flung backwater managed to get to the game last Sat night. (1st half made me question the wisdom of my decision tho)

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful