Mitch Brown Gone - West Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mitch Brown Gone - West Coast

reckon that means Glass is done .... half way through the year word was he was already gone and had people hunting out places in Melbourne to live (i think even his mum was heard to say both her boys will be back in melbourne ) ... its amazing what a few weeks of consistantly being picked to play can do to change the mind ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:reckon that means Glass is done .... half way through the year word was he was already gone and had people hunting out places in Melbourne to live (i think even his mum was heard to say both her boys will be back in melbourne ) ... its amazing what a few weeks of consistantly being picked to play can do to change the mind ...
So the Glass is half empty then?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thanks BM.
How did you know my initials? Are you stalking me?

Yes Brian Murphy.
Too close for comfort. I'm taking out a restraining order.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:

How did you know my initials? Are you stalking me?

Yes Brian Murphy.
Too close for comfort. I'm taking out a restraining order.

Just add it to the list. I wont be able to leave home soon. The problem is I live with my Daughter and she has one out on me also.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Tate Pears, Griffiths, Jaksche or Corr all worth sounding out

ace
Saintsational Legend

What about Kevin Rudd
He should be available next year and he just crushed the Bulldogs best ever full forward Julia Gillard.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Thank God West Coast knocked back what we offered last year. He is, and will only ever be, a GOP.

Saintsational Legend

Dodged a bullet there, hopefully we can find a good defender, someone better than Brown .

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

He can play a bit and would have done a reasonable job for us. That said, the price rumoured last year was way too expensive. Surely we can get someone reasonable without paying through the nose?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

When teasm keep banging the ball high to the goal square like Essendon did for Gumbleton and others, Port did for Schultz and Westoff, Geelong Will do for Pods and Hawkins, and we get our undersized back outgunned and/or penalised, then dont complain about not having a GOP fullback.

Brown is not a world beater, but the sum of the whole is more valuable than the individual parts. A Brown type strengthens the backilne as Gilbert and Fisher and Gwilt and Dempster and others dont have to take the monster and can play the 2nd and third forward better.

Would free up Stanley to go forward where he belongs.

So easily dismiss Brown as a GOP and no great loss, but the fact remains - we have no decent fullback and an undermanned undersized backline.

And while we do the Reiwoldts, and the Schultz's and the Gumbletons and Pods and hawkins and Roughhead and Buddy and a whole gaggle of tall forwards will have a field day at our expense.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
sainterinsydney
Club Player

We can find a cheaper and more than adequate FB from elsewhere. I didn't understand the Mitch Brown obsession that has taken hold of our club. Surely we can find a big defender from somewhere. To be honest, I was surprised that we had no back up plan last year if the Brown deal fell through.

spot on
Club Player

Cam Delaney us playing for north thus weekend, his older brother Luke , is yet to play a game this year and must be keen to look else where. I thought he looks alright when given the chance

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda's defensive structure is not doomed just because it didn't get Brown, it means the focus is elsewhere, which it probably was anyway.
The Pelican is just not silly enough to get on his soap box and tell everyone who wants to listen what their plans are, they would prefer to show
us if and when their plans succeed.

We'll know by the end of the year.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:St Kilda's defensive structure is not doomed just because it didn't get Brown, it means the focus is elsewhere, which it probably was anyway.
The Pelican is just not silly enough to get on his soap box and tell everyone who wants to listen what their plans are, they would prefer to show
us if and when their plans succeed.

We'll know by the end of the year.

I agree its not doomed. I agree with many that Brown was only a GOP, but many were looking at his game in isolation.

I, like you, am sure that the Pelican is looking further afield for a Brown type who is of similiar ability.

We certainly need one though.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Greg T
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:The thing that I liked about the whole Mitch Brown thing was the open aggressiveness shown towards recruiting. SW and Pelchin seem to approach things a lot differently in that regard so let's hope they publicly announce their next target soon.
Yes,worked a treat.
Couldn't get the deal done in the draft,
Now he s signed for 3 years.
WC obviously rate him.
Maybe SW and pel could show the same interest in Buddy perhaps...

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Thank god

#1 Ryder fan
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:We can find a cheaper and more than adequate FB from elsewhere. I didn't understand the Mitch Brown obsession that has taken hold of our club. Surely we can find a big defender from somewhere. To be honest, I was surprised that we had no back up plan last year if the Brown deal fell through.
Where exactly would elsewhere be?
If it's that easy why haven't we had a half decent full back for two years?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

No interest for Frawley? Or was that all just a pipe dream?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
savatage
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:When teasm keep banging the ball high to the goal square like Essendon did for Gumbleton and others, Port did for Schultz and Westoff, Geelong Will do for Pods and Hawkins, and we get our undersized back outgunned and/or penalised, then dont complain about not having a GOP fullback.
Spot on!

lloyd21
Club Player

Would think they will try for Nick Rodda (WAFL) Ryan Bathie (VFL ) Geelong Matthew Watson (Afl ) Carlton for a start.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

come on Frawley

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

No great loss, now we can focus on paying overs for someone else :lol:

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

So where are the pieople that practically called him a saints player? The people that advised, how great he is etc.. Or have those people just changed their tune because he using coming over?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

joffaboy wrote:When teasm keep banging the ball high to the goal square like Essendon did for Gumbleton and others, Port did for Schultz and Westoff, Geelong Will do for Pods and Hawkins, and we get our undersized back outgunned and/or penalised, then dont complain about not having a GOP fullback.

Brown is not a world beater, but the sum of the whole is more valuable than the individual parts. A Brown type strengthens the backilne as Gilbert and Fisher and Gwilt and Dempster and others dont have to take the monster and can play the 2nd and third forward better.

Would free up Stanley to go forward where he belongs.

So easily dismiss Brown as a GOP and no great loss, but the fact remains - we have no decent fullback and an undermanned undersized backline.

And while we do the Reiwoldts, and the Schultz's and the Gumbletons and Pods and hawkins and Roughhead and Buddy and a whole gaggle of tall forwards will have a field day at our expense.
Good reasoned post. deserves to be quoted in full.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Brown is a good player - fair amount of sour grapes in this thread ... but that said brown was not the be all to end all so him signing with WCE doesnt really hurt us that much as we now focus on another player

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/