Great game SAINTS....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Great game SAINTS....

Great game SAINTS...

I know people who love Watters and think that he is doing a wonderful job will have a field day with this, but I don't care! I feel that strongly about that this guy being a dud and believe he has conned a lot of people into believing he can coach, but we are slowly drowning under his tutelage I will continue to say something.

This is sinister but I honestly hope we continue to lose like that so the board will be forced to see what a cluster the guy is and at the very least not offer him a contract extension. In a perfect world I would like to see the guy sent to WA where he belongs before he completely takes our club back to the dark 80's.

Yes we don't have a great list but we definitely have the worst coach in the AFL now that Neeld has gone!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Great game SAINTS....

makes sense to me.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:makes sense to me.
My cats breath smells of cat food...

Oh BTW sack the coach.

if we do that according to WO we will be top four next season

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Neeld may have gone but Melbourne still crap, the interim coach is powerless, he has an absolute crap group of players..

Watters was unlucky to get his gig on the back of Lyins complete disregard for the future, I am glad the club runs the team and not this inconsequential website. Watters is rebuilding the team, during this rebuild our performances will fluctuate, sometimes wildly. Some will understand that, there will those that could never grasp that
consequence of a rebuild, best we just laugh at em....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:makes sense to me.
My cats breath smells of cat food...

Oh BTW sack the coach.

if we do that according to WO we will be top four next season

Yeah must be a teacher also. Makes it all sound so simple.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:Neeld may have gone but Melbourne still crap, the interim coach is powerless, he has an absolute crap group of players..

Watters was unlucky to get his gig on the back of Lyins complete disregard for the future, I am glad the club runs the team and not this inconsequential website. Watters is rebuilding the team, during this rebuild our performances will fluctuate, sometimes wildly. Some will understand that, there will those that could never grasp that
Watters was not unlucky at all.

He chose to apply for the job knowing that we would more than likely fall off the face of the earth soon. Lo and behold we have.

We will be fine. There are probably a few more really poor losses to come however the only way to develop an experienced core is to get games into them.

The signs are there and we are fast-tracking many youngens at the moment.

Keep the faith because there is limited point in not.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

our playing list is appallingly bad

a new coach isnt going to make much difference

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Just please don't extend his contract Saints !

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Neeld may have gone but Melbourne still crap, the interim coach is powerless, he has an absolute crap group of players..

Watters was not unlucky at all.

He chose to apply for the job knowing that we would more than likely fall off the face of the earth soon. Lo and behold we have.

We will be fine. There are probably a few more really poor losses to come however the only way to develop an experienced core is to get games into them.

The signs are there and we are fast-tracking many youngens at the moment.

Keep the faith because there is limited point in not.
he was definitely unlucky that his application for a senior coaching position was with a club that was going south at a an alarming rate.

Chris Scott was extremely lucky to get a job at a club that was peaking yet again, a flag in year one....

There is a lot of luck in coaching, coaches don't make players is an adage older than me.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Yes sack Watters, then in two years time when the next coach doesn't do much better because of the huge hole left in our list, we'll sack him, and so and so on, the next thing you know, we become the new Richmond of the last 30 years.
Is there any other coach in the AFL who could have covered our deficiencies in height and strength in the backline and Pods and Hawkins tonight, especially after losing Gwilt so early, plus Roo and Lenny who both were playing on one leg for half the game.
Yes tonight sucked, but be honest, did anyone expect much better, especially after Geelong let slip another game last week.
They demolished Fremantle down there a few weeks ago, despite the great Lyon defence, that got blown apart by Geelong.
Our problem right now is because the only player we have produced from our draft picks from 4 years under Lyon was McEvoy. I don't count Stevens or Armitage because they only became regular players week in week out last year.
Before that, Lyon would rather play McQualter and Eddie ahead of those two.
I'll guarantee this, and it's not good news, but next year wont be much better, unless we have some incredible recruiting coups, like Buddy comes play for us for a quarter of what he'd get elsewhere.
Just suck it up, and except we are not in the race until we recruit the next generation of players.
How good our coach etc are will be found out during trade and draft week over the next few seasons.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Suprise, surprise. The sad clown from Canberra bobs up again after we're on the wrong end of a thumping.

So why didn't you take a pot shot at SW after the loss last week, sad clown?
Last edited by Sainternist on Sat 27 Jul 2013 11:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Greg T
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Great game SAINTS...

I know people who love Watters and think that he is doing a wonderful job will have a field day with this, but I don't care! I feel that strongly about that this guy being a dud and believe he has conned a lot of people into believing he can coach, but we are slowly drowning under his tutelage I will continue to say something.

This is sinister but I honestly hope we continue to lose like that so the board will be forced to see what a cluster the guy is and at the very least not offer him a contract extension. In a perfect world I would like to see the guy sent to WA where he belongs before he completely takes our club back to the dark 80's.

Yes we don't have a great list but we definitely have the worst coach in the AFL now that Neeld has gone!
Yep. Agreed.
A contract extension would be ridiculous ....
How bad have the skills become in the last 2 years....
All the goody two shoes will defend him.
I reckon he's a smooth talking dud.....much like Laidley..
Well done saints board...

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
battye
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:The signs are there and we are fast-tracking many youngens at the moment.
Signs of what? Our best players week in, week out are the same guys that were our best players 5 years ago. That is the genuine worry for me, that there hasn't been anyone to come through - Jack Steven perhaps is the only exception - who looks like becoming anything more than an honest, hard working footballer of average ability.

Watters has not won me over either. I'm not really seeing anything special in our game plan. Granted we don't have a lot of players with great foot skills, but RL was able to devise a working game plan to suit the list. It's Watters job to do the same, and he hasn't done so. After 2010, I was expecting St Kilda to drop off because I couldn't see that playing group climbing the mountain again. I didn't think the drop would be this staggering though - we still have enough quality players that we should be contesting for a spot in the eight and I think it's a reflection of Watters that we haven't been able to do so.

I'm happy for Watters to see his contract out, which is to the end of next year I think. I'm expecting next year to be worse than this year. Our stars will be a year older (and some perhaps gone), and nobody is coming through to replace them. If Watters is able to pull the rabbit out of the hat and produce some sort of improvement next year (say a ladder finish of around 10-12) then his contract should be extended for a year to see how it plays out. But another finish of around 16 in 2014 and it should be time for someone else to try and right the ship.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

At least we got of rid of 4% we are now only 3% ahead of the Bulldogs so 16th spot is looking much safer !

andrewg
Club Player

Just wait till this time next year....wow we are in for a few mre of these loses

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Just please don't extend his contract Saints !
ok we sack the coach then what? we are still crap next year so do we sack the new coach and so on and on... you're a real brain smart anit u WO...

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Suprise, surprise. The sad clown from Canberra bobs up again after we're on the wrong end of a thumping.

Just for you fellow baseball fan

The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY Crap for the foreseeable future..

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

How many have been turned over last 2 years?

Could be on say 8 wins if we'd kept some gops, but it would just be putting off what was coming anyway.

Gone the heavy prune.

Haven't liked some recruiting and list management, can't file that in Watters inbox.

Structurally it's a concern, I do hold him accountable

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Look I am a Ross Fan, and I do have my doubts with Watters. But cmon, this is just silly.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Greg T
Club Player

battye wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:The signs are there and we are fast-tracking many youngens at the moment.
Signs of what? Our best players week in, week out are the same guys that were our best players 5 years ago. That is the genuine worry for me, that there hasn't been anyone to come through - Jack Steven perhaps is the only exception - who looks like becoming anything more than an honest, hard working footballer of average ability.

Watters has not won me over either. I'm not really seeing anything special in our game plan. Granted we don't have a lot of players with great foot skills, but RL was able to devise a working game plan to suit the list. It's Watters job to do the same, and he hasn't done so. After 2010, I was expecting St Kilda to drop off because I couldn't see that playing group climbing the mountain again. I didn't think the drop would be this staggering though - we still have enough quality players that we should be contesting for a spot in the eight and I think it's a reflection of Watters that we haven't been able to do so.

I'm happy for Watters to see his contract out, which is to the end of next year I think. I'm expecting next year to be worse than this year. Our stars will be a year older (and some perhaps gone), and nobody is coming through to replace them. If Watters is able to pull the rabbit out of the hat and produce some sort of improvement next year (say a ladder finish of around 10-12) then his contract should be extended for a year to see how it plays out. But another finish of around 16 in 2014 and it should be time for someone else to try and right the ship.
Good points...
He knew the job was dangerous when he took it on, so no excuses there.
Let him finish his tenure .hell still have a year to see If anything he's done actually works.
The kids should come on under his coaching if they don't ......see you later.
Extending his contract achieves nothing.

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah lets over react and throw out everything because of one game. Having stability is so over rated lets burn the Seaford centre down and then stop buying memberships -that will show him.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Suprise, surprise. The sad clown from Canberra bobs up again after we're on the wrong end of a thumping.

The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY Crap for the foreseeable future..
Thanks Bob.

Never letting us down are you? Always keeping it real... REALLY MISERABLE.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

SACK THIS SACK THAT... LETS M,AKE AN EXAMPLE OF SOMTHING... BLAH BLAH do somthing make a point this sucks how can we lose a game omg SACK SACK SACK Trade him delist him... he's soft, he's over the HILL play this KID omg he sucks sack him drop him.. play exprience O god sack him play this kid... like a broken record on here.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

Thanks Bob.

Never letting us down are you? Always keeping it real... REALLY MISERABLE.
Don't blame me.. I live in the real world.. you barrack for the Cubs... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Probably should have sacked the coach and traded a few of our players after this performance at Geelong.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/game ... 20421.html

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.