what made luke ball react to the crowd?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Re: what made luke ball react to the crowd?

The bloke should be the captain of our side.

It is utter bulls*** that this is not the case.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Most on here were happy he was offloaded, even for zero.... Club was defended! He was even called a dud.... A respected former B&F winner and captain?!

Same said for BJ

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Most on here were happy he was offloaded, even for zero.... Club was defended! He was even called a dud.... A respected former B&F winner and captain?!

Same said for BJ
BJ should be vice captain.

Unless we actually spend the money on a younger gun or two in the next free agent period, that entire exercise has been completely bulls*** too.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Most on here were happy he was offloaded, even for zero.... Club was defended! He was even called a dud.... A respected former B&F winner and captain?!

Same said for BJ

I have to say that is actually not right and some would even say it is a lie. When did anyone say BJ was a dud? And i dont think most were happy. Many thought we shouldnt pay the money for him but that doesnt mean they were happy he left. And looking at how we are going now the club made the right decision.

Freebird
Club Player

On the field Ball is not A grade...in his last 3 years at saints he was a long way from playing a standard that matched his salary.

He still is not A grade at collingwood and took a big paycut (not sure on the 3rd party payments) that one would presume matches his footy ability.

Off the field he is A ++++

To let him go for nought was crazy but for ball to let this happen after being paid overs for so long at saints indicates to me that eddies nest had more value than ours for him personally and I don't forgive...**** him.

Kiedis
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Same said for BJ

I have to say that is actually not right and some would even say it is a lie. When did anyone say BJ was a dud? And i dont think most were happy. Many thought we shouldnt pay the money for him but that doesnt mean they were happy he left. And looking at how we are going now the club made the right decision.
I remember the general consensus on here was 'don't pay him overs', 'not worthy of being highest paid on our list', 'let him walk', been playing in 'preservation mode', 'past his 2010 best' & 'no big loss'. I must say I was filthy at a lot of supporter's willingness to just let him slip.. Gram too for that matter.

Well, turns out they were big losses.

Though you say the way we're going justifies the decision, if some of these decisions along the way were made differently.. Maybe we'd be going a little differently.

We were always going to decline. But now we could fall very hard. Which could change everything.. I don't think anyone saw a Melbourne-like era coming, nor should anyone accept that.

I hope this isn't the case, I really do.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kiedis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Same said for BJ

I remember the general consensus on here was 'don't pay him overs', 'not worthy of being highest paid on our list', 'let him walk', been playing in 'preservation mode', 'past his 2010 best' & 'no big loss'. I must say I was filthy at a lot of supporter's willingness to just let him slip.. Gram too for that matter.

Well, turns out they were big losses.

Though you say the way we're going justifies the decision, if some of these decisions along the way were made differently.. Maybe we'd be going a little differently.

We were always going to decline. But now we could fall very hard. Which could change everything.. I don't think anyone saw a Melbourne-like era coming, nor should anyone accept that.

I hope this isn't the case, I really do.

If he plays this year we win one or two more games. it doesnt really matter in the end because we are falling anyway. the problem is in 3 years time when we may be ready to raid FA and some other clubs we have this great big dirty contract for a 30 year old that probably wont be there when we have our next crack at the top 4. He wanted to get 4 years on huge money and we wanted to give him 3 years on money he probably didnt deserve anyway. he walked and there is nothing we can do know. Anyway no one would have called him a dud but if they did then who caress because their footy knowledge is poor.

Kiedis
Club Player

I just worry it could be the other side of the coin now.. in 3 years time when we're ready to raid we're a complete basket case & no amount of salary cap space will make a difference. I'm a big believer in the little things having a big roll-on effect at times.. Especially when It's all people-driven, all mental. Who knows the impact BJ & Gram still being around the club could have had on many. We've had a fair few close losses. We've constantly copped the s***-end of the stick & now It's all kind of climaxed into the 100 point flogging that was last night.

I just hope as a team, we've still got the mental fortitude to push on & not let this ship really sink...

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

He got paid a fortune in his first year just to finish school, don't forget. I don't blame him for leaving necessarily but let's not get revisionist about the whole thing.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.