A "positive" from Saturday night.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

A "positive" from Saturday night.

I noticed that, throughout the night, our players kicked on their non preferred whenever that was required. That is, there was no running around in circles to get onto the preferred. Of course, this meant a large proportion of these kicks went "astray". However, assuming this was a coaching instruction, it was a good start. Whether it's these players, or those who come after, we have to be able to kick on both feet. "Practice makes perfect" probably requires the option to be used under actual game pressure rather than through just technique work in training sessions. Those who adapt will last, and those who don't, should be given "opportunities elsewhere".

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: A "positive" from Saturday night.

In the possession game kicking on the non preferred is long gone, and few team ever do, unless its a last resort...

Except for Sam Mitchell

I reckon the ratio is 10:1 at best....

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Interesting if this is a road they are indeed going down. I like them trying to innovate and find ways to get an edge. Some things will work, others won't. I want more lefties at the club - they often seem to have a more piercing kick.

sippo
Club Player

BigMart wrote:In the possession game kicking on the non preferred is long gone, and few team ever do, unless its a last resort...

Except for Sam Mitchell

I reckon the ratio is 10:1 at best....
Michael Hurley from the bombers.

All clubs carry on about 1%,s like to know how many turnovers and dud shots at goal are caused by a terrible non-preferred, yet it goes unadressed by all