Stanley collarbone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Stanley collarbone

Just saw in the afl report from the game, the Stanley injury is listed as 'collarbone'

Did he break it?

Not that it matters much for our year, but I thought he looked good before that injury on Saturday night.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Stanley collarbone

dragit wrote:Just saw in the afl report from the game, the Stanley injury is listed as 'collarbone'

Did he break it?

Not that it matters much for our year, but I thought he looked good before that injury on Saturday night.

Probably getting it scanned today. Expect an announcement later this afternoon !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

It was bruising before he'd even got off the ground. Looked like he smashed it to bits!!!

Would be very surprised to see him agin in 2013....

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

At the time I thought he'd dislocated his shoulder. Looked like the clavicle had popped and was sticking out a bit. I'd take the broken collarbone over the shoulder dislocation any day. I hope he's ok. The lad has suffered through enough injury woes already.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

.....was on the same plane home as the boys yesterday, it was in a sling, I overheard someone ask him if it was broken, I think I heard him say "Yes", but I can't be sure.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:.....was on the same plane home as the boys yesterday, it was in a sling, I overheard someone ask him if it was broken, I think I heard him say "Yes", but I can't be sure.

Did he not look really sore and miserable?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:.....was on the same plane home as the boys yesterday, it was in a sling, I overheard someone ask him if it was broken, I think I heard him say "Yes", but I can't be sure.

He never turned and faced in my direction, so I was unable to determine that.

Heaps of supporters are borderline psychotic and hassle the players, I'm not one of those, so I didn't investigate any further. haha

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

He never turned and faced in my direction, so I was unable to determine that.

Heaps of supporters are borderline psychotic and hassle the players, I'm not one of those, so I didn't investigate any further. haha
I only noted when he sat down and stood up-, he had climbed the stairs at the back of the plane too...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

@AFLNewsWire: Fractured collarbone sees Saints' defender out for season http://t.co/9ZwfJ9gSfh

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Dr Spaceman wrote:@AFLNewsWire: Fractured collarbone sees Saints' defender out for season http://t.co/9ZwfJ9gSfh
With injuries the way they are we may as well board the joint up until pre-season - except that the way we're going someone would be likely to break a thumb hammering up the boards...... :shock: :roll: :lol:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

terrible news...

ok with his i hope the sack the coach team STFup as our list is so depleted now it's turning into a reserves team. Watters can't be judged on the current best 22...IMO

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:terrible news...

ok with his i hope the sack the coach team STFup as our list is so depleted now it's turning into a reserves team. Watters can't be judged on the current best 22...IMO

Have we had many more injuries to our good players than any other club though. Apart from Hayes and Fisher our best players have nearly played every game.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Not really P66 on and off fair few have been missing, team structure has been way out this year... I am all open for judging Watters and believe it's our right as supporters to do. One thing i agree with was the three smalls he played so many time this year.. that I didn't agree with. But Lee in the last few weeks has been great. with all the fresh blood playing and key injuries, I just feel it's a little harsh to blame him completely for our rapid decline this year... just my personal opinion.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:Not really P66 on and off fair few have been missing, team structure has been way out this year... I am all open for judging Watters and believe it's our right as supporters to do. One thing i agree with was the three smalls he played so many time this year.. that I didn't agree with. But Lee in the last few weeks has been great. with all the fresh blood playing and key injuries, I just feel it's a little harsh to blame him completely for our rapid decline this year... just my personal opinion.

Thats fine. i dont blame him completely but I also dont see him as some type of brilliant coach based on nothing but playing young guys as some seem to think.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Have we had many more injuries to our good players than any other club though. Apart from Hayes and Fisher our best players have nearly played every game.
Who are our best players?

Gwilt
Gilbert
Schneider

all have barely got on the park this year.

Dempster missed the first couple, lost conditioning.

Having no Simpkin, Dempster, Gwilt, Gilbert and Fisher together in the backline has caused all sorts of structural problems.
Backline has been the major issue this year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Who are our best players?

Gwilt
Gilbert
Schneider

all have barely got on the park this year.

Dempster missed the first couple, lost conditioning.

Having no Simpkin, Dempster, Gwilt, Gilbert and Fisher together in the backline has caused all sorts of structural problems.
Backline has been the major issue this year.

Yep we have had a few injuries but certainly no more than other clubs and less than a few. I think based on the 10 in last years B&F we have only had injuries of note to Hayes and Fisher and we won 12 games last year.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Take 1 or more of Dal Jack or Joey long term out of our midfield..and we'd be copping real hidings every week,, because I doubt any of our kids would the ability to stand up as some kids do in that situation

Yes theyre kids..but so are Toms Liberatore and Mitchell.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:Not really P66 on and off fair few have been missing, team structure has been way out this year... I am all open for judging Watters and believe it's our right as supporters to do. One thing i agree with was the three smalls he played so many time this year.. that I didn't agree with. But Lee in the last few weeks has been great. with all the fresh blood playing and key injuries, I just feel it's a little harsh to blame him completely for our rapid decline this year... just my personal opinion.

Thats fine. i dont blame him completely but I also dont see him as some type of brilliant coach based on nothing but playing young guys as some seem to think.
I agree P66 it's still an unanswered question, 'can Watters coach/is he the right man for the job' I/me, can't make that judgment on him yet so I am going to give him more time.. but some moves he has done this year have been good. Others not so good. Honestly atm I think he has done ok but there's been a few left field happenings that have caught him out... injuries team balance what he has to work with. ect...

with a good preseason under thier belts set positions and I hope enough time to see the best 22, next year i feel is make or break for Watters... he knows his players inc new guys playing games regularly, knows where to play them... I want to see strategy and tactics... if this doesn't happen I will be losing faith in him.

Fortius Quo Fidelius