Kosi.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi.

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Teflon wrote:Lot of time for Kosi - I too like his honesty and down to earth approach.

Sure, never reached the heights of those expectations but has been a good contributor.
I think he did at stages...just the head clashes he took really took a toll... i feel he was robbed in a way... <edited by MODS> luck with bad. injury.. still remember when he fainted in that interview bloody shocking.. got a lot of love for the Kos man
At his best he was a star, I think people forget that because it's been a few years since we've seen his best. There were bursts in his career where he was one of the best forwards going around... 2005 and 2009-10 come to mind. And the role he played in supporting Riewoldt and Gehrig should never be underestimated. As others have alluded to though, especially in the last couple of years, consistency has been his main issue.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I've been both a fan and a critic of him over the years and really hope now that he gets his 200. From all accounts he is a cracking bloke and a great clubman.

He's the type you would like to see stick around in a mentoring/coaching role. I've heard he is very astute tactically when it comes to structure and how a forward line should function.

Kickit
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:I can't see Kosi clogging the list next year, there comes a time for all Saints players to move on and Kosi's time has arrived.

I'm sure he has had a career that has added value to the team more often than not.

Pretty sure he was being tongue in cheek, he was talking to Lehmo and Mick Malloy FFS.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Video up- full episode of BTG
http://tensport.com.au/before-the-game- ... 6520736001

scroll to 18.17 minutes

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Freo is our last game of the season, let him pay and having lost what was left of his peripheral vision let him crash through packs, knock over his opponents and virtually play dodgem cars with the Dockers players.

After all, so media experts are giving Freo a good chance or the flag. So let's put the Kosi amongst the pigeons. :)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:You know what...if the list condition is such that his spot doesn't necessarily rob a spot for a genuine new player-prospect and he is fit enough to play a similar role as he did this season which was obviously a backup type, and he can also help out with player development, then why not. As has been discussed before he apparently is very good at mentoring the younger blokes and has some smarts when it comes to how forward lines should work. IMO Kosi's value goes way beyond his output on the field.

I don't mean to be rude but are you taking the p!ss?
Not at all, not all Pav. I am an unashamed Kosi fan. I know he hasn't lived up to expectations on the field but I like other aspects of how he goes about it. I've heard too many other greats of the game and also his team mates talk in very glowing terms of him. Just makes sense to give him the perfect exit from his career and the club and foster a little love around the place. Our reputation in that area will be better for it.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

thanks bratty
glad i watched that
very funny and likable bloke

cracked up when they talked about him actually going on next year 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:You know what...if the list condition is such that his spot doesn't necessarily rob a spot for a genuine new player-prospect and he is fit enough to play a similar role as he did this season which was obviously a backup type, and he can also help out with player development, then why not. As has been discussed before he apparently is very good at mentoring the younger blokes and has some smarts when it comes to how forward lines should work. IMO Kosi's value goes way beyond his output on the field.

I don't mean to be rude but are you taking the p!ss?
Not at all, not all Pav. I am an unashamed Kosi fan. I know he hasn't lived up to expectations on the field but I like other aspects of how he goes about it. I've heard too many other greats of the game and also his team mates talk in very glowing terms of him. Just makes sense to give him the perfect exit from his career and the club and foster a little love around the place. Our reputation in that area will be better for it.

No we know you are taking the piss. The second post makes sense, the first is very funny.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

very funny stuff - great to see a 'real' person in the game.

200th against Ross Lyons Freo sounds about right......hopefully take a few out along the way (preferably not our players..)

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:very funny stuff - great to see a 'real' person in the game.

200th against Ross Lyons Freo sounds about right......hopefully take a few out along the way (preferably not our players..)
We will probably have Gilbert, Kosi, Blake, Schneider back in the side...it will be a much different side to the most of this year.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Teflon wrote:very funny stuff - great to see a 'real' person in the game.

We will probably have Gilbert, Kosi, Blake, Schneider back in the side...it will be a much different side to the most of this year.
No farewell game for Milne?
Surely no one expects him to go on?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: No farewell game for Milne?
Surely no one expects him to go on?

he isn't on 199 games

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Neither is Blake

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Video up- full episode of BTG
http://tensport.com.au/before-the-game- ... 6520736001

scroll to 18.17 minutes