lack of midfeild goals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

1433davids
Club Player

lack of midfeild goals

Does anybody agree that the lack of goals kicked buy our midfeilders in the last 10 years has been a major problem

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: lack of midfeild goals

1433davids wrote:Does anybody agree that the lack of goals kicked buy our midfeilders in the last 10 years has been a major problem
They've become reliant on the #12

Even today a few streamed in to the 50 and still passed it to him or became indecisive.

Curren was one I could remember, should of had a ping.

Need to back themselves, been a problem for a long time, agreed.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Lack of midfield goals is always going happen when you have good forwards like Riewoldt, Gehrig and Milne as we have had over the past decade.

It's not so much lack of midfield goals that worries me now. It's lack of midfielders.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

As I remember when the fab-four were at their peak - Hayes Goddard, Dal, Ball they kicked quite a few. But then Goddard became a sweeper, Hayes became more in and under, Dal got hard tags, Ball had groin problems limiting his kicking and then left :( I think Watters is trying to develop a much wider range of goal kickers including mids. From what I've seen Stevens, Armo, Curren, Minch, Saunders, Newnes are being encouraged to run forward and head for goal if they see a chance and are starting to dob some.