Can we beat freo?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can we beat freo?

Johnny Member wrote:And I know this probably makes me a bad person, but gee I'd love to physically hurt them to stuff their finals campaign.
You ain't a bad person JM. I hope for this too. I'm pretty sure Freo can't finish higher than third so they might rest some. Very tough scenario for them. A nothing game for them against our fired up boys. It's a pity they weren't playing for a home final and were forced to play their best team to ensure a win.

Anyway, if we are winning by a few goals in the last, Lyon will start taking their 'stars' off.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Freo are genuine flag contenders. Not a chance unless they are loading / tapering for finals

#1 Ryder fan
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:We're a sneaky smokey.
Agree !
Lyon will want a bruise free encounter . He may rest some players , so he will be looking for a win and nothing more !
The game may be a snore fest which of course we've seen plenty of times form lyon !

If we can kick 12 goals , that may be enough to win it but we need to hit our targets , if we turn it over like we've done most of the year it will make it too easy for freo .

In red white and black from 73
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

We will struggle to kick 5 goals... no chance

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Sadly, I won't be able to see this game. The Cats/Lions game is on live up here. Would love to have seen the farewell party

Hopefully it will be on a radio station.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing a few retiring giants play like they have noting to lose
Would be nice. But they want to sink some serious piss post match so will go soft

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
skeptic wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing a few retiring giants play like they have noting to lose
Would be nice. But they want to sink some serious piss post match so will go soft

And unlike some here I reckon the 3 retiring would probably be hoping RL wins the flag and players just dont finish like that anymore. Even Bakes didnt.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Sadly, I won't be able to see this game. The Cats/Lions game is on live up here. Would love to have seen the farewell party

Hopefully it will be on a radio station.

"C'mon Queensland radio stations.
Help Stevie out, he's feeling down,
And he does appreciate ya bein' 'round,
Help him get his bloody feet back on the ground.

For God's sake, please, please help the poor bastard!"

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Doc, I have never seen that pic of John before!

I can prolly find a station on the net but it won't be the same as watching.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i think we can win....we have added class in schneids...speed , and just as importantly, ball winning ability in ledger and curren...add ross to that last one....
Ross had two kicks and twelve handballs last week in a game we dominated. Curren and Ledger were better, but surely the "ball winning ability" still rests largely with Dal and Joey?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:i think we can win....we have added class in schneids...speed , and just as importantly, ball winning ability in ledger and curren...add ross to that last one....
Ross had two kicks and twelve handballs last week in a game we dominated. Curren and Ledger were better, but surely the "ball winning ability" still rests largely with Dal and Joey?

i said added..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....to joey, dal, jack and armo...added....i repeat ...added.........i thought thinking people would take that as a given........

guess you would rather take a cheap shot than read and digest what i posted... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why is repeating rolling eyes rated as bad as other stuff that gets pm and warnings. Rude and friggin annoying IMO anyway.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Realistically we're going to have the %$#@ kicked out of us, but I'll still come and cheer on the blokes who have had a crack for so many years and almost gotten us to that 2nd elusive friggin' flag. Wouldn't miss this game for the world. Who knows...maybe a miracle might happen :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Kickit
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:And I know this probably makes me a bad person, but gee I'd love to physically hurt them to stuff their finals campaign.
You'll probably be disappointed at the end when Lyon gives Kosi hugs and kisses then.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Bugger- I'll be out of town and will miss our next win this weekend. Freo are playing Lyon footy which means they will be competitive in finals but won't win a flag

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Bugger- I'll be out of town and will miss our next win this weekend. Freo are playing Lyon footy which means they will be competitive in finals but won't win a flag
He must be the most accurate coach in history. he played footy that gets a draw in a GF but doesnt win it and in another game gets within 6 points when the siren goes.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Still no silverware on the shelf for Rossy boy...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Still no silverware on the shelf for Rossy boy...

Yes but why does that mean his type of coaching wont win a flag. didnt WCE and Sydney play in very low scoring finals 2 years in a row and win one each and certainly Sydney played a very similar style to us.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Ross has an effective but predictable game plan and that's his weakness. We can talk about what might have been forever, but being predictable means you can be caught out.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Ross has an effective but predictable game plan and that's his weakness. We can talk about what might have been forever, but being predictable means you can be caught out.

Like Roos and Worsfold. They both won one each. Pretty sure nearly every AFL coach is now very predictable.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i said added..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....to joey, dal, jack and armo...added....i repeat ...added.........i thought thinking people would take that as a given........

guess you would rather take a cheap shot than read and digest what i posted... :roll: :roll:
Hard to see your meaning in amongst all the dots, but I'll give it a go. I think you're seriously over-rating Seb Ross, and that was my point. He's never had more than 10 kicks in an AFL game, and in his last six has had 12, 10, 18, 9, 14 and 14 possessions. There is zero proof of "ball winning ability" there so I think it's disingenuous for you to claim that in a serious football discussion, and use him as part of why we'll beat Freo.

They'll have 22 players better than Seb on the field on Saturday and that exemplifies the difference between us and the Dockers at this stage. We might just scrape a win, but your logic as to why is pretty poor.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Yes, but obviously it is unlikely. However Freos pressure will absolutely smash us if we make the skill errors we have been making all season.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

we'll win this week.

“Yeah….nah””