Who the HELL????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Who the HELL????

CURLY wrote: What sort of occasion would you hire a dwarf for just out of curiosity?

A quest to Mount Doom in Mordor ??

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
Moods wrote:
markinUSA wrote:I'm contacting the press and offering to give a disability rights perspective on this matter. I am 100% certain on this; I've seen it many times before... this is not just unacceptable; it's not just abuse; it's criminal and its got to be condemned.
Are you taking the piss?
Not if the PM I received after my post in response to his is any guide.
I received a PM as well - however I don't think I've ever seen such an over reaction to an incident by anyone on here before. It's almost like he's reading a different article to everyone else. What I'm certain of, is that he has no idea what criminal intent is

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Seven pages? Geez whiz. Wowee! The little fella hires himself out as entertainment. A joke has gone wrong and could've had dire consequences. Stupid behaviour. Apologies and make goods required. But criminal intent? Seriously?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:I'm contacting the press and offering to give a disability rights perspective on this matter. I am 100% certain on this; I've seen it many times before... this is not just unacceptable; it's not just abuse; it's criminal and its got to be condemned.

Shut up what the hells wrong with you? Your the reason kids cant climb trees anymore. :roll:
Last edited by CURLY on Tue 03 Sep 2013 10:56am, edited 1 time in total.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
markp
Saintsational Legend

If it's too early to be passing judgement and condemning it's also probably too early to be defending and making (really) pathetic jokes.

It sounds like something monumental d***heads like fevola or carey would've done.

Hopefully it's a misunderstanding/overreaction and cleared up quickly, right now it's a bad look for the club... another one.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:If it's too early to be passing judgement and condemning it's also probably too early to be defending and making (really) pathetic jokes.

It sounds like something monumental d***heads like fevola or carey would've done.

Hopefully it's a misunderstanding/overreaction and cleared up quickly, right now it's a bad look for the club... another one.
Just because they can play a good level of football does not make the brain scientists or rocket surgeons. <redacted> heads are all over the place.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Bluthy wrote: But the clubs with good cultures curtail the extremes of the said wankers - such as setting fire to people (allegedly)
Greatest myth ever… tell me who these clubs are with good cultures & I will reel off a list of disturbing incidents…

Every football club has dickheads, always have been, always will be, just like a cross-section of society… the difference is, when they stuff up, it becomes a news story.

Some clubs are better at hiding indiscretions than others, probably the biggest factor in how much bad publicity StKilda gets.

I'm not defending the ridiculous actions of these guys, but I am not surprised either.

footballers ≠ good people
I take your point to some degree -even Sydney and Geelong who seem to have the best cultures have screw ups (2 cats players breaking in to the wrong house). But we seem to have SO MANY of these things. I don't think its a coincidence. And this was a club group situation not a player going rogue which they tend to be at other clubs. We should be aiming higher.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

A certain Geelong player physically threatened an elderly woman with a tennis racquet in front of her family at a beach fairly recently.

The family are die hard fans of the club, so they contacted the club directly to complain about it instead of going to the media. The club told them they are aware of his issues and it's not isolated.

This club has won a flag recently. This guy is a hero.

Setting a dwarf on fire, is he was targetted because he's a dwarf, is a s*** thing to do. Pissed or not, it's s***.

But really, if anyone is stupid enough to think this type of thing is a 'St Kilda' thing, they are deadset off their head.

I even have first hand stories about assistant coaches at successful clubs. And I certainly have many stories about players from other clubs. Most of which are from my own experience - not third hand rumours.

So please, be outraged by it. Each to their own. But please don't suggest that this is some sort of St Kilda specific thing.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Brat, I am happy to be proven wrong... but my outrage started from reading this part of the article in the Sun, which absolutely suggests it was premeditated assault, not an accident.

"Physically Blake is ok, but he has been absolutely humiliated." His employers, Dwarf My Party and Professional Championship Wrestling, are demanding answers from the club. PCW wrote on its Facebook page tonight: "Could you please comment on why our on-screen president, known to spectators as Mr. Big, was set on fire during your Mad Monday celebrations?'' A spokesman for PCW said: "We are utterly disgusted by the situation."... "It's not funny to light anybody on fire. Just because he's a midget, some might think it's funny. This is not funny. It's ridiculous. Blake is a top bloke. He is not hired to be humiliated."
Premeditated assault? that the players were also doing to each other? Jail?
Rather than stirring up Neil Mitchell, why don't you contact the club and offer to deliver your perspective there?

To be honest, I can't work out what part of this incident fits into a disabled rights perspective? The hiring of a dwarf wrestler seems pretty odd but… but Blake runs this business so you would assume he is okay with this form of "entertainment"

Setting fire to a persons clothing is unacceptable regardless of stature or disability.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
dragit wrote:
Bluthy wrote: But the clubs with good cultures curtail the extremes of the said wankers - such as setting fire to people (allegedly)
Greatest myth ever… tell me who these clubs are with good cultures & I will reel off a list of disturbing incidents…

Every football club has dickheads, always have been, always will be, just like a cross-section of society… the difference is, when they stuff up, it becomes a news story.

Some clubs are better at hiding indiscretions than others, probably the biggest factor in how much bad publicity StKilda gets.

I'm not defending the ridiculous actions of these guys, but I am not surprised either.

I take your point to some degree -even Sydney and Geelong who seem to have the best cultures have screw ups (2 cats players breaking in to the wrong house). But we seem to have SO MANY of these things. I don't think its a coincidence. And this was a club group situation not a player going rogue which they tend to be at other clubs. We should be aiming higher.

"The players around him immediately helped him put the fire out and definitely weren't happy with what happened."

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Geelong- Stokes drug possession,Stringer assaulted his mrs, in past two seasons off the top of my head..... wasn't there something else a few months ago also,someone getting arrested in the streets,or was that a former cat.
So please

Bring back the Lockett era
maverick
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Geelong- Stokes drug possession,Stringer assaulted his mrs, in past two seasons off the top of my head..... wasn't there something else a few months ago also,someone getting arrested in the streets,or was that a former cat.
So please
Chapman got done as well.

Happens at EVERY club, doesn't make it right, but it happens...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
dragit wrote:

I reckon Sydney players could get away with a lot more as barely anyone would recognise them up there…

Geelong have had so many incidents it's not funny… Chapman punching a woman in the face, punching a man in a pub, Johnson breaking into closed pub, speeding while drinking? 2 players performing a mock armed robbery on the wrong house WTF? The others mentioned above - stokes, stringer - amazing culture - my arse.

The Collingwood list is too long to even type out… Holland, Didak X3, Shaw X3, Swan, Beams X2, Maxwell, Cloke, Krakour, Johnson, Williams… just off the top of my head that we have heard of.

I won't go on, but every club has them, some are better at hiding the incidents.

Some of our players deserve a whack for lighting up clothing, it's ridiculous thing to do… personally sounds like a stupid prank gone bad & although I haven't seen something like that in the past… I've seen plenty of other nasty stuff go on when a bunch of blokes get drunk together.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
CURLY wrote: What sort of occasion would you hire a dwarf for just out of curiosity?

A quest to Mount Doom in Mordor ??
That's just ridiculous...Everyone knows that's a job for a Hobbit.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

just remember that the next time roo asks for a lighter its not to have a sneaky cone at the back of the pub

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
jonesy wrote:Geelong- Stokes drug possession,Stringer assaulted his mrs, in past two seasons off the top of my head..... wasn't there something else a few months ago also,someone getting arrested in the streets,or was that a former cat.
So please
Chapman got done as well.

Happens at EVERY club, doesn't make it right, but it happens...

Exactly.

If people are shocked and appalled by footballers behaving badly - then frankly you're following the wrong sport.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mark why would you not just contact the club?
They DID Not go out on the street and pick up a small person to play wiyh
They DID NOT pour fluid over him and set him alight,

The gentleman concerned was earning a living performing in costume

I am saddened you feel the need to drag a prank into social injustice
As some have sad overreaction got us a 12 month non pregnancy

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
markinUSA
SS Life Member

It's not a prank; it's a crime.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:It's not a prank; it's a crime.
I think you even called it a hate crime…

But it sounds like the players were doing it to each other, so was there a series of hate crimes?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

What is the charge then?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Only thing the Saints have set fire to all year.

So we are all shocked that footballers aren't Einstiens :shock: :shock:

And even more shocked they do massively stupid things when full of ink.

Fkn idiotic, but why are so many suprised?
People aren't surprised, because its the saints, that's the issue for many.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Victoria Police confirmed wrote:"The victim sustained minor injuries as a result of the prank."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-02/d ... p-by-saint

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Are you a policeman?

I think markp's comments were fair enough though, if it is too early to go off half cocked about crimes, it is also too early to make pathetic dwarf jokes.

Fair enough, for my part i apologise and wont make any more dumb jokes.

Some will defend the club no matter what, some will jump to conclusions about crimes etc even without evidence, some will read the report and think, bunch of <redacted>head, brain dead footballers playing with matches FFS.

So be it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

And guess where Arthur and his friend will be on Thursday..........

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I think he should get compensated, at least for his shirt and pants.

"He's a performer who relies on his self-esteem and confidence to be able to perform at events like this," a Professional Championship Wrestling spokesperson told the program.

Blake was humiliated and left immediately.

But will still get around dressed like this :D

Pay day for Mr Blake one suspects

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)