Who the HELL????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who the HELL????

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I still don't know what actually happened.

Yesterday, the suggestion was that 'the players' bullied a dwarf by holding him down, setting him on fire the standing around laughing at him.

Now it seems there was a drunken game which no one was bothered by, to which one player included the dwarf in, at which point the other players weren't happy about, and they helped put the fire out, the dwarf stayed around and left in a decent mood.

Two very, very different scenarios.

One is not cool. The other is not even worth a thread.

saint6
Club Player

sorry still think that alcohol and fire lighters should not be mixed. Would hope that all the players who were involved have been spoken to as it was a stupid game in the first place.
Happy to see an apology from Clint but really he should have known better than to become involved in such a stupid stunt

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:I still don't know what actually happened.
Ask BigMart, apparently he knows the EXACT story of what happened.

He also reckons we have low morals, while wanting to have a drug addict play at the club.

But thats not double standards because Damien Hardwick is a good bloke or something :lol: :lol:

Reckon we should have Dwarf burning at the Family Day. Make it a Saints tradition.

MarkinUSA can MC at the sideshow and yell "HATE CRIME, HATE CRIME" as the little people get set on fire and dunked in a hug barrel of water.

Randy Newman's Short People can become our new theme song.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Superboot
SS Life Member

Quote from email received from the Club.:

"I sincerely apologise to Mr Johnston and have done so personally today. As a playing group we were engaged in end of season activities which in hindsight were quite childish. I made an error of judgement in including Mr Johnston in the activity".

In hindsight?!! :shock: :shock:

And the error of judgement was to include Mr Johnson??!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My wife wants to know why I continue to support the Club. What should I say to her?
Last edited by Superboot on Wed 04 Sep 2013 9:28am, edited 1 time in total.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

How is it our club is cursed with a playing list of f-ing delinquents?! What a joke. Anyone arguing this sort of thing is ok needs to get their head read. Would have been so easy to have caused 2nd degree burns not just to the dwarf but also to the players. Mindless childish shite that quite literally a 7 year old would have more common sense not to do

#1 Ryder fan
dragit
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:How is it our club is cursed with a playing list of f-ing delinquents?! What a joke. Anyone arguing this sort of thing is ok needs to get their head read. Would have been so easy to have caused 2nd degree burns not just to the dwarf but also to the players. Mindless childish shite that quite literally a 7 year old would have more common sense not to do
The thing is… I don't think anyone on here is arguing that it is ok… fairly unanimously condemned as a ridiculous thing to do as far as I can tell…

The variance comes in levels of outrage & shock.

Most people that have been involved with end of season trips and post season drinking sessions have seen unacceptable behaviour from grown men.

These guys should know better, particularly a 30 YO.

The thought of what they were doing is so ridiculous that it makes people laugh… thankfully no-one was hurt.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:How is it our club is cursed with a playing list of f-ing delinquents?! What a joke. Anyone arguing this sort of thing is ok needs to get their head read. Would have been so easy to have caused 2nd degree burns not just to the dwarf but also to the players. Mindless childish shite that quite literally a 7 year old would have more common sense not to do
The thing is… I don't think anyone on here is arguing that it is ok… fairly unanimously condemned as a ridiculous thing to do as far as I can tell…

The variance comes in levels of outrage & shock.

Most people that have been involved with end of season trips and post season drinking sessions have seen unacceptable behaviour from grown men.

These guys should know better, particularly a 30 YO.

The thought of what they were doing is so ridiculous that it makes people laugh… thankfully no-one was hurt.
this.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

HitTheBoundary wrote:Hollywood are on to it already.
BRILLIANT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:My wife wants to know why I continue to support the Club. What should I say to her?
Tell her you are leaving and that you have had your login at Saintsational disabled.

I mena you dont want to read views that might upset you about a dwarf being lit up.

I recommend you take this course of action immediatly.

PM the mods and get your login disabled. They will help.

Respect your decision.

+1

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:I still don't know what actually happened.

Yesterday, the suggestion was that 'the players' bullied a dwarf by holding him down, setting him on fire the standing around laughing at him.

Now it seems there was a drunken game which no one was bothered by, to which one player included the dwarf in, at which point the other players weren't happy about, and they helped put the fire out, the dwarf stayed around and left in a decent mood.

Two very, very different scenarios.

One is not cool. The other is not even worth a thread.
I never heard the first suggestion?

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Superboot wrote:Quote from email received from the Club.:

"I sincerely apologise to Mr Johnston and have done so personally today. As a playing group we were engaged in end of season activities which in hindsight were quite childish. I made an error of judgement in including Mr Johnston in the activity".

And the error of judgement was to include Mr Johnson??!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My wife wants to know why I continue to support the Club. What should I say to her?
Tell her to pull her head in. Do you tell her what to think or do?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

They love this stuff… with the footnote A long and sorry tale.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/f ... 2t3dt.html

I don't remember similar charts for recent Geelong & Collingwood indiscretions?
No wonder our own fans think we are the only club who screw up…

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Now Neil Mitchell is going off about the fact the players were dressed as priests and nuns, and had set up a confessional.

Grandstanding and faux moral outrage.

Trouble is, when you get out the red textas out and draw a big fat target on your back, this is what happens.

Saints are a target, of their own making mind you.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:They love this stuff… with the footnote A long and sorry tale.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/f ... 2t3dt.html

I don't remember similar charts for recent Geelong & Collingwood indiscretions?
No wonder our own fans think we are the only club who screw up…
They've missed a few, quite a few actually...

markp
Saintsational Legend

"I made an error of judgement in including Mr Johnston in the activity"
Makes it sound like he got his pecker out.

Superboot
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Superboot wrote:My wife wants to know why I continue to support the Club. What should I say to her?
Tell her you are leaving and that you have had your login at Saintsational disabled.

I mena you dont want to read views that might upset you about a dwarf being lit up.

Respect your decision.

+1
Sorry Joffa, on this occasion I've no idea what you are talking about.

Don't you have people asking you what the hell is wrong with your club? And what do you say to them?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Superboot, just tell her you follow the saints because they play football, if you want a compass of what's good and proper....changing to one of the other 16 clubs isn't going to help the cause much.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

The fault line over this incident seems to have been "old school" versus "new school".

Old school point out young aggressive risk taking men who get treated like mini-gods, under high pressure all year, loaded up with cash and tanked to the eyeballs have always gone berserk to let off steam. Carlton, North were in the gun previously and this year it was our teams turn to get pinged. In retrospect was stupid but no one got hurt and was a bit of beat up. So get off your high horse hypocrites - who has done unbelievably dumb and dangerous stuff when young probably worse than this - and stop being so precious. This club will become a powerhouse when it has an A-grade list and great coaching not from being cleanskins off the field which will never happen at any club anyway.

New school says this club is not playing suburban or country football but is now a multi-million dollar turn over club and we have to raise the standards of how our players behave if we want to be a powerhouse in this comp. There were red flags everywhere - club should have known a dwarf was being hired. A lack of leadership didn't stop the utter dangerous stupidity of players lighting up other players - it starts out as fun and ends up in tears! Has been a public relations nightmare for the club, distracted them from focusing on recruiting and drafting, and put our sponsorship in danger in an already scandal packed year. To dismiss this as just a stupid prank belies the seriousness of lighting a man on fire and with the elements of lighter pranks, drunks, flammable clothing and flammable alcohol it could have been a lot worse.

I get the feeling the old school is viewing is dying out a bit. I like the romance and colourful history of the club coming from the sex, drugs and rock n roll suburb of St Klida but we are in a new era of footy now. This incident highlights exactly where we are at still and rather than just "moving on" the club needs to learn from it.

Superboot
SS Life Member

Moorabbin Man wrote:
Superboot wrote:Quote from email received from the Club.:

Tell her to pull her head in. Do you tell her what to think or do?
She meant it as a rhetorical question. As part of the definition on Wikipedia: "A rhetorical question does not usually require an immediate answer, but is meant to draw attention to and start a meaningful discussion on the matter".

And hence my reason for posting here.

Thanks for your advice, but if I took it she might think I was a bit thick.

Superboot
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:Superboot, just tell her you follow the saints because they play football, if you want a compass of what's good and proper....changing to one of the other 16 clubs isn't going to help the cause much.
That's true!

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Superboot wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Respect your decision.

+1
Sorry Joffa, on this occasion I've no idea what you are talking about.

Don't you have people asking you what the hell is wrong with your club? And what do you say to them?
Ask them who they support and then bury them in their own clubs scandals.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Superboot, just tell her you follow the saints because they play football, if you want a compass of what's good and proper....changing to one of the other 16 clubs isn't going to help the cause much.
Good response K.

I think the club has done a lot of work to improve their off field behaviour & I know Watters is big on "good people"

It really annoys me that on the one hand everyone bangs on about the "amazing culture" of Geelong but we are apparently a basket case off the field… You could write a list of indiscretions just as long and serious for both clubs.

Football clubs are made up of individuals from all sections of the society, education and leadership will help a lot of these guys learn about being a good human being, but in the end individuals can choose to make the wrong choices… this will never change, but hopefully minimized as much as possible.

How on earth Andrew Lovett can be linked to anything related to our culture is beyond me. This is a man with a history of violence against women, was part of our club for what a few weeks? We did not tolerate his behaviour full stop.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Good response K.

I think the club has done a lot of work to improve their off field behaviour & I know Watters is big on "good people"

It really annoys me that on the one hand everyone bangs on about the "amazing culture" of Geelong but we are apparently a basket case off the field… You could write a list of indiscretions just as long and serious for both clubs.

Football clubs are made up of individuals from all sections of the society, education and leadership will help a lot of these guys learn about being a good human being, but in the end individuals can choose to make the wrong choices… this will never change, but hopefully minimized as much as possible.

How on earth Andrew Lovett can be linked to anything related to our culture is beyond me. This is a man with a history of violence against women, was part of our club for what a few weeks? We did not tolerate his behaviour full stop.
No such thing as good culture IMO.

It's purely a case of which club is managed better.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'd certainly say this has provided the club with a small problem :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!