Michael Voss?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DramRunner
Club Player

Michael Voss?

In the half time break in the Hawks/Swans qualifier Michael Voss mentioned he would still like to coach and that a senior assistant role would be his likely outcome. Should we be looking to get him to Seaford?

He was admittedly out of his depth in his first couple of seasons but the last couple have showed he can build a side with a good gameplan. I think he would be a good addition under SW, with the caveat that he might be a short term prospect (if a head coaching role was offered, I think he would take it).

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Michael Voss?

Voss might be worth looking at for that Senior assistants role, and, unlike Laidley , he may know what he is on about.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Made some odd recruitment decisions in his time. Worth an interview to assess his strategic nous.

Personally I would love to get Nathan Bassett as an assistant coach.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Made some odd recruitment decisions in his time. Worth an interview to assess his strategic nous.

Personally I would love to get Nathan Bassett as an assistant coach.
yep, i'd like to see some changes in the assistants, they should be rotated, it's the senior coach that is and should be the constant

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

more value as a midfield rotation than a coach at this stage.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Some great credibility and experience as 3 x Premiership winner and senior coach. The question is how well would it work with Watters and him roughly the same age. The recent phenomenon of sacked senior coaches being hired to be assistants at other clubs tends to be where they are older and act as a mentor to the new coach. Watters may see Voss as a threat in which case it just wouldn't happen.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:more value as a midfield rotation than a coach at this stage.
haha

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I would imagine Voss has his own beliefs and ideas, as we all do.
Don't think he would easily buy into someone's gameplan, he needs to find a kindred spirit with whom to work.
Needs a club/coach combo that closely aligns with his beliefs.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SuperDuper
Club Player

Made some poor rookie mistakes in the first 2 years that doomed his list (hence himself) for years...
Over estimated his own list, simply due to over enthusiasm for his players and over belief in them... so thought he simply needed to "top up" when he really needed to keep adding class players from the bottom

Danny Frawley made the same error at Richmond and got the same result

Both doomed their lists and hence their coaching careers

I do recon he can coach though.. and the structure of our recruiting dept means he wont be able to make that mistake here!

paddy
Club Player

i think any of the outgoing head coaches would be an asset at the saints...

lets hope watters/pelch can get some decent talent on board....

think voss would be good, neeld too... doubt woosha would come here, but it would continue our wa love afair

kimberly saint
Club Player

maybe get him on them diet weight loosing peptides over the of season and he could play in the centre as a playing asistant like GWS have .Be worth interviewing the bloke has 3 premierships, a captain and has experience on his side. I highly doubt waters would feel threaten by him , voss was a captain of a AFL team he comes across as a ultimate team man