Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

savatage
SS Life Member

Re: trade rumours

maverick wrote:
realdeal wrote:
supersaints wrote:I will start a rumor
Dal to Norf, for Delaney and pick 27. pick 27 on to GWS for Josh Bruce
That gives us two possible future defenders with some games and pre seasons under the belt rather than risk 27 on a complete unknown in the draft?
Otherwise Norf throws in Delaneys younger brother instead of pick 27
Please don't start that rumour.... We shouldn't have to give up more than pick 40+ for Bruce.
Why?
What would GWS do with pick 40+?
Exactly - not to mention Bruce is in demand with a few other clubs. They're not likely to just give him away.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Why the interest in VIV Michie? What's so special?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Pure speculation on my part...but Fisher to GWS and Dal to North.
Bruce and Delany to the Saints....

To level that out we need either picks in return, or more players. Will have to see what Pelchen can extract. This is where Pelchen will get to earn his money. We need some deft trading with over-eager buyers so that we can extract an out-performance.

You would imagine that North would be desperate for Dal to make team more of a finals contender.

GWS had an embarrassing year and probably like the sound of Budd up forward and Fisher down back to stiffen up their team with experience and quality. GWS have a a surfeit of young talent wit more low picks this year to gain even more. so they can afford to lose picks and or young players.

However at the end of the day Pelchen needs to secure us some future stars. Players like Bruce or Delany may well fill a big gap that we have at present, but we will not regain the top of the ladder unless we can also gain some future stars. As it stands, Steven may be our only genuine star in 3 seasons time, and that is not enough.

Pelchen likes multi deals. say Fisher to GWS....we also exchange first rounders to give us first pick, plus gain Bruce and their 4th round pick.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:
Pelchen likes multi deals. say Fisher to GWS....we also exchange first rounders to give us first pick, plus gain Bruce and their 4th round pick.
Yes, and they can keep the 4th round pick

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:Pure speculation on my part...but Fisher to GWS and Dal to North.
Bruce and Delany to the Saints....

To level that out we need either picks in return, or more players. Will have to see what Pelchen can extract. This is where Pelchen will get to earn his money. We need some deft trading with over-eager buyers so that we can extract an out-performance.

You would imagine that North would be desperate for Dal to make team more of a finals contender.

GWS had an embarrassing year and probably like the sound of Budd up forward and Fisher down back to stiffen up their team with experience and quality. GWS have a a surfeit of young talent wit more low picks this year to gain even more. so they can afford to lose picks and or young players.

However at the end of the day Pelchen needs to secure us some future stars. Players like Bruce or Delany may well fill a big gap that we have at present, but we will not regain the top of the ladder unless we can also gain some future stars. As it stands, Steven may be our only genuine star in 3 seasons time, and that is not enough.

If we are losing Dal n Chips for Bruce n Delaney, we'd expect a mid first rounder in return! Maybe 26 from Norf to GWS to 9 to us with a pick swap of some description to even it out.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
footynut
Club Player

Would want something else as we'll, like an upgrade of other picks or a transfer of picks to Brisbane to get us polac as well. That would be some kind of trade, as we'd end up Bruce, polac, Delaney and Tom Boyd for Dal and Fisher. I can handle that!

St Igmata
Club Player

footynut wrote:Would want something else as we'll, like an upgrade of other picks or a transfer of picks to Brisbane to get us polac as well. That would be some kind of trade, as we'd end up Bruce, polac, Delaney and Tom Boyd for Dal and Fisher. I can handle that!
Dreaming!!! :shock:

dirtydog24
Club Player

Viv Michie did work experience at St Kilda when he was in high school.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I don't think we will end up with both Bruce & Delaney - but I wouldn't be overly surprised if we did, given that we have been very vocal on getting a key defender (and 2 has got to be better than 1 right ?) ... but other than that, its got to be mids who are capable of getting their hands on the ball and use it well.

If we do go for some fringe players who have been 'starved of opportunity', then I hope we delist an equal number of our own fringe players so we don't have a list full of them (eg TDL, Dunnell)

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Where are we at?

Out
Fisher
Dal Santo
Ledger
3 retirees
In
Bruce
Delaney
Michie
3 Draft Picks

Still in Question
Stanley, Lever, Saad, TDL (contracted), Simpkin, Dunnell,Senton, Staley, Ferguson

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Sam Myers. (I'm just the messenger )

slider
Club Player

tony74 wrote:Sam Myers. (I'm just the messenger )
Myers Brissy?

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

SaintWodonga wrote:Why the interest in VIV Michie? What's so special?
He's injury prone... stress fractures in the foot for 2 years and has now just had knee surgery.

Why the frigg would you bother even mentioning his name let alone recruit him?? FFS :roll: :roll: :roll:

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry. David. ( Essendope ) Remember I'm only the messenger.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:

No Bombers unless they come with a WADA certified "Get Out Of Jail Free" card :shock:

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Myers would be a good fit. Big strong inside mid with an absolutely lethal kick on him. Been played out of position at the bombers because too many midfielders are in front of him. Would be happy to get him, especially if he comes as a free agent.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:

Maintenance Dept: Put him on his back in the middle of the oval with no shirt on, put the hose up his ...........somewhere and use him as a sprinkler !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote: Maintenance Dept: Put him on his back in the middle of the oval with no shirt on, put the hose up his ...........somewhere and use him as a sprinkler !!

“I like it..I like it a lot”

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
He's injury prone... stress fractures in the foot for 2 years and has now just had knee surgery.

Why the frigg would you bother even mentioning his name let alone recruit him?? FFS :roll: :roll: :roll:
cause he is apparently a jet and like pendlebury, what if he came cheap and got his foot right - which he may under the right Injury management people...
And became a star?

savatage
SS Life Member

Coz he's a f****** good footballer & we could get him for stuff all. Something wrong with that?

Stress fractures are usually a sign of growing pains & go away once the body matures. Once he gets over his minor knee surgery - he will be a jet. He certainly played like a jet in the WAFL this year!

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

savatage wrote:
Coz he's a f****** good footballer & we could get him for stuff all. Something wrong with that?

Stress fractures are usually a sign of growing pains & go away once the body matures. Once he gets over his minor knee surgery - he will be a jet. He certainly played like a jet in the WAFL this year!
Sounds good, savatage - could be a coup; why not take a punt on him if he costs us stuff all?
Last edited by samoht on Thu 12 Sep 2013 6:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Man I want Viv Michie bad.
If we ended up with Aish, Michie, Adams, Bruce, Delaney we are back in business people!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/v ... ie.711871/

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
Nick Dal Santo. He is a good decision-maker who is able to find space for himself and has very good skills

We tank next year and get another 3 gun kids in and we are tight back in the comp in 2015-18

savatage
SS Life Member

He'll probably win the Sandover this year.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:He'll probably win the Sandover this year.
He played 16 games for Peel Thunder this year averaging 25.5 disposals a game, 4 marks and 4 tackles per game.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:Myers would be a good fit. Big strong inside mid with an absolutely lethal kick on him. Been played out of position at the bombers because too many midfielders are in front of him. Would be happy to get him, especially if he comes as a free agent.
I don't know much about him. Stats are:

25 years old in June next year
191cm and 92kg
65 games overall
- 20 games this year
- avg 18.4 disposals, 6.5 contested
- avg 4.3 marks
- avg 3.4 tackles
- avg 3.9 inside 50s
- kicked 10 goals 10 behinds

A tall mid who knows how to kick goals, I guess. Is he actually an inside player? Not a huge number of contested possessions.

Good demographics for our list so you'd definitely take him for free, but I'm not sure if we should pay much more for him. They'd probably want our third round pick, but that feels a bit much to me. If it was our fourth round pick then definitely.