Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

groupie1
Club Player

Re: trade rumours

I would love to read a rumor about Gilbert being traded for someone who can kick the f****** football

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
groupie1
Club Player

But, I'm still the guy who reckons had we gotten Ben Cousins whenwe should have we'd have gotten that flag.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
jimmy_slats
Club Player

didn't see his efficiency percentage when he cam back this year? might be holding on to something from the past i feel mate

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:I would love to read a rumor about Gilbert being traded for someone who can kick the f****** football
Sam Crocker was an elite kick of the football. Would prefer Gilbo any day of the week.

kp83
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Munga wrote:If they're offering Patton, buyer beware! I wouldn't be giving up more than a third round pick for those knees.
Just to clarify, Patton has had one reco & missed half of last year with patella tendonitis.

Get? YES
Exactly, he hasn't ruptured his ACL twice like some on here are suggesting.
The patella tendonopathy is not a big deal (very common in growing boys with high activity levels) and would most likely be under control by now.
If he's in the mix then let's get him!!

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

You would think they would be asking a very high pick for Patton if he is going to make a full recovery - possibly our #3 pick. if they let him go for anything less than a top 10 pick or player with 4-5 years left then I'd be suss. Can't really see how he could end up at the Saints, as plenty of clubs will be sniffing.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Zed wrote:You would think they would be asking a very high pick for Patton if he is going to make a full recovery - possibly our #3 pick. if they let him go for anything less than a top 10 pick or player with 4-5 years left then I'd be suss. Can't really see how he could end up at the Saints, as plenty of clubs will be sniffing.

They wouldn't be interested in a pick for Patton, unless they were going to on-sell it.

They want players.

They are looking for a quick shot in the arm from some good experienced players, after being shown up as being well behind the suns' second year.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
spot on
Club Player

We need to trade one of Gilbert , gwilt or fisher. If we do get Bruce and delenay I can't see how they can all fit in the back line. With gws and Gold Coast keen on half backs we have to get a deal done. I reckon fisher as he does have the most currency and is the oldest. Maybe package to get Bruce and Adams or maybe just picks from Gold Coast.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I would've thought if Patton went anywhere, it would be Lions who would be trading the kitchen sink for him - they have wanted a JB replacement since before Fevola days.

They have Longer, Docherty, etc who are looking for new homes, Longer is a great fit for them IMO.

As for half backs, Gilbert going home to Queensland could be a great get for a club like the Suns, he really impressed me when he played this year, I may well overrate him but he shouldn't be traded for anything less than a first rounder - don't they have an 'end of first round' pick this year? His may well be even important to them with the retirement of Jared Brennan too, similar player attributes IMO whilst maybe Sam's kicking putting him a little behind Brennan (Sam more consistent).

It would be interesting to see whether Heath Shaw's name comes up, I wouldn't have the kids of both teams anywhere near him though.

So is Dal an option? As a half back in the mould of Sam Mitchell this year and well, Nick Dal Santo for the second half of this year. Imagine being a forward with Dal, Bennell, Swallow and GAJ linking up.

Well, would you think trading Gilbert and Dal to the Suns is an option for their first rounder, what is that, pick 8? I'd be taking that and runnin... the thing I'm most concerned about is that the quality drops off dramatically after say, 25, so our challenge will be to get as many picks under 20 as possible.

Pelchin did say that we are after 4 first rounders, if we get 3 in the teens and somehow keep our early second rounder - I'll be doing cartwheels.

***waits patiently for Plugger66 to take the pi$$*** :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Shanka

Just wondering when the pelican said we were chasing 4 first rounders?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Just another clarification St Ick... Pelchen didn't say he wants 4 x 1st round picks this year, the model they are working towards needs 4 x 1st rounders over 3 years.

So he's really only after one more early pick which could be in 2013, 2014 or 2015.

The Suns 1st pick at this stage is #5.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Animal Enclosure wrote:Just another clarification St Ick... Pelchen didn't say he wants 4 x 1st round picks this year, the model they are working towards needs 4 x 1st rounders over 3 years.

So he's really only after one more early pick which could be in 2013, 2014 or 2015.

The Suns 1st pick at this stage is #5.
Frikkin killjoy! :wink:

I had guessed it was 4 over 3 years but I was just choosing to believe 4 this year, as it was left up in the air a little.

Pick 5 for Dal Santo and Gilbert, that might have worked maybe 3 or 4 years ago. :cry: If we could somehow make that work, I'd love to get two out of Kelly, Billings or Aish!

Strength through Loyalty
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Shanka wrote:Just wondering when the pelican said we were chasing 4 first rounders?
He did say at the Platinum Members Night that we were talking to five Key Defenders, four of whom are uncontracted. On first rounders, he said that we will be trying to get an extra early first rounder this year or next !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:
Shanka wrote:Just wondering when the pelican said we were chasing 4 first rounders?
He did say at the Platinum Members Night that we were talking to five Key Defenders, four of whom are uncontracted. On first rounders, he said that we will be trying to get an extra early first rounder this year or next !!
Was Mitch Brown re-committed at that stage ?

Bruce
Delaney
N. brown
M. Brown?
Other ?

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Was Mitch Brown re-committed at that stage ?

Bruce
Delaney
N. brown
M. Brown?
Other ?
Frawley?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

From what Ive read didn't he say the age brackets too? Was it 19-26?

Strength through Loyalty
Andreous
Club Player

How about this:

Saints and Dal decide to free him from his last year. North pick him up for nothing as a free agent. Saints get Pick 4 as compo (other than age his CV is better than BJs). Saints give third round pick for delaney (win win)
Fisher and McEvoy to GWS for Bruce and pick 10.

Saints lose 2 former stars that otherwise won't play finals again and strong leader in McEvoy
Saints then have picks 3,4, 10 and 22 as well as two young big backmen.

stkfc1
Club Player

Andreous wrote:How about this:

Saints and Dal decide to free him from his last year. North pick him up for nothing as a free agent. Saints get Pick 4 as compo (other than age his CV is better than BJs). Saints give third round pick for delaney (win win)

Saints lose 2 former stars that otherwise won't play finals again and strong leader in McEvoy
I may have to take a valium and have a good lie down if that was to transpire.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote:
Andreous wrote:How about this:

I may have to take a valium and have a good lie down if that was to transpire.
After Big Boy McEvoy is traded Pierce and Hickey become the best Ruck combination the AFL has ever seen... :lol: :lol:

After the 2013 Trade, Free Agency and Draft period has completed Terry Wallett says that the Saints have gone too tall, no one listens due to the fact that Wallett's reputation is shot after his shambolic Richmond stint. :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
To clarify Pelchen's comment at the Platinum members event. He said the club want 4 first round draft picks in the next 3 years. He didn't specify which year they'd envisage gaining the additional pick.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

so are we looking at garlett?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Ralphy wrote:so are we looking at garlett?
Considering our focus on fine young men, and the line in the sand comments from Watters re off field, I would be mightily shocked if we even contacted Garlett let alone drafted him.

Strength through Loyalty
gringo
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Considering our focus on fine young men, and the line in the sand comments from Watters re off field, I would be mightily shocked if we even contacted Garlett let alone drafted him.

It's amazing what can be over looked when you are talented. You mustn't be very old or you would have learned that at the Saints. If you were talented you could take a s*** in the coaches mug in front of him and they would sack the coach.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
St Ick wrote:

It's amazing what can be over looked when you are talented. You mustn't be very old or you would have learned that at the Saints. If you were talented you could take a s*** in the coaches mug in front of him and they would sack the coach.
Haha, so now I know what happened to Blighty!

I have a feeling our recruiting has come a fair way since then.

Strength through Loyalty
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Summary of players we've been linked to for people not up to date:
Bruce (GWS)
Delaney (NM)
T.Adams (GWS)
Viv Michie (FRE)
J.White (SYD)
B.Griffiths (RICH)