Finey on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

savatage
SS Life Member

Re: Finey on SEN

BigMart wrote:When the reaction is as huge and defensive as this..... People are worried there might be an element of truth about it....
Not at all. I just wish he actually said something rather than rant & rave without a point.

lloyd21
Club Player

:D Don't listen to Sen anymore particularly this year all the commentary have their own agendas

As for people knocking SW coaching give him the cattle 1st .

When he had cattle in WAFL 2 flags 1 runners up in 3 years give me a break .

Pretty clear SW sees the future is in the young guys . For what is worth so do I.

Buckets
SS Life Member

So he lit the fuse? I don't get it, if there was discontent why did it need him to light the fuse??

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Ratings. That's what this is all about. Ratings. FWIW I don't think Fine has the credibility to pontificate about football, any more than a poster on here. He (as far as I know) has never played at AFL level, has never coached or held any position at all in AFL...other than to do what all of us do....barrack for the Saints. IMHO this sort of crap does nothing for the club, but does a HUGE favour for the ratings on his show! I don't listen to him, truly can't be bothered. As a matter of fact I rarely listen to SEN at all these days, although Kevin Bartlett does provide a few chuckles for me from time to time.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:So he lit the fuse? I don't get it, if there was discontent why did it need him to light the fuse??
Couldn't he have waited until after trade week...

You know, if he "loved" the club so much?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I think StK is in a precarious position.... It will either quickly rebuild or perish IMO

I can't decide which will occur... But it's a worry
You think we might fold as a football club because of some mysterious problem that Fine is referring to?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I think when folk start sharpening their knives for others in the media Re St Kilda, they might ponder the outbursts from this overblown self-important windbag, before they go on the attack.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
linz
Club Player

Well at least Finey will be happy. 14 pages devoted to his views. I reckon everything has been said.
Let's not give him anymore attention and CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Greg T, I was thinking about the communications issues that Fine rambled on about. Watters wants to take us into the future, but perhaps some people at board level (and perhaps the CEO) are losing their nerve and panicking over short term results 2013/2014. This may explain Fine's mentioning of people at the club wanting Dustin Martin. If it's true, then it smacks of panic - ie we must get a gun player now so our results will be better in 2014. If it's also true that Watters is doing everything to stop the recruitment of Martin, then clearly he is the one who's got the clear head.

My guess is also that Milne did not want to retire. He's much loved by the older players and if Watters pressured him to retire (correct move), then there may be some grumblings. These grumblings then feed through to the rest of the club and pretty soon you get finger pointing and other minor grievances being thrown around.

Watters sees the writing on the wall pretty clearly from what I can tell, and he wants to leave the past behind and move on to creating a new list.

My only real concern is over Dal Santo. A loyal clubman who is a really decent fellow and has given this club great service while causing no grief (unlike some others). He is also capable of another 4 good years of of football. Could it be that the Dal Santo situation is causing some division? It would be understandable. If so, then Watters may just have to break even with a win over Martin and a loss over Dal Santo.

At the end of the day, this club has to put 2009/10 well behind it and move on. Watters obviously does, and is taking measures to move the playing list forward. Isn't that the very thing that is needed? Tough decisions make people feel very uneasy, especially when they've been living in a bubble.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

well done Finey...I see why you are in the drivers seat now.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Hey Finey… thanks for all the support mate.
Tell us all again about how the bombers have been framed.
ImageImage

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Buckets wrote:So he lit the fuse? I don't get it, if there was discontent why did it need him to light the fuse??
Couldn't he have waited until after trade week...

You know, if he "loved" the club so much?
If Fine had just stated on his radio show that he'd heard rumours and had some knowledge and that he believed that the discontent may lead to the coach being sacked, we'd all say fair enough.

We'd understand that's a bloke doing his job and it's ok for Mark Fine to promote his show and go early with a statement that there were rumblings....BUT that's not what he did. He came out and made a call to 'Sack the Coach'. He went too far!!! He should have waited until after trade week as SainterK has eluded to.

He has pissed off a lot of people who believe that it's important to support our footy club and give the Saints every opportunity to improve the side going forward!!! He is a selfish flog of a bloke and so are some of the players who have their noses out of joint because they too are ONLY thinking about themselves.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Hey Finey… thanks for all the support mate.
ImageImage

Handle Jacket?

Knob Coat?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
dragit wrote:Hey Finey… thanks for all the support mate.
ImageImage

Handle Jacket?

Knob Coat?
Door opening device One arm longer?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote: Knob Coat?
I like that… "knob coat"

Apologies about the jacket pic, I didn't notice the weird one long arm…

I'll have another dip for you finey, ya knob coat

ImageImage

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: My guess is also that Milne did not want to retire. He's much loved by the older players and if Watters pressured him to retire (correct move), then there may be some grumblings. These grumblings then feed through to the rest of the club and pretty soon you get finger pointing and other minor grievances being thrown around.
This will get me offside with a lot of supporters on here, but stiff - f*** any selfish thinking or romantic notions that BJ or Dal or any other current Saint has about being a one club player. Harden the f*** up you softcocks and stop living in the past. There is a job to do. The club is in the business of trying to win premierships and if that means we respectfully try and move Dal or Chips or other senior players then so be it (I'm sure they'll survive without seeing there mates 24/7). Oh....and f*** Milne too!!

To me Milney encapsulates everything I loathe about selfish footballers. A guy who made a name for himself and broke records out of being on the end of the hard work of his team mates for a large part of his career. He was embarrassing to watch when he attempted to baulk or sidestep or sell candy more times than he should have. It was embarrassing when he tried to kick miraculous goals from near impossible angles ( which obviously brought the house down with his 'goal of the year' contenders at times)...BUT he also costs the TEAM countless opportunities when he turned the footy over and kicked only 1 out of 6 of those stupid shots he attempted.

The Saints may have been better off getting rid of the tiprat in 2007 and blooding 2 or 3 other team oriented players in the forward line. I understand how greatful and how sincere Stephen Milne was when he thanked Ross Lyon for believing in him and allowing tiprat to forge a great career as a small forward. It was a big risk on Lyon's part but we all know that Rossy liked to take risks not only on players but also with his own investing philosophy at the time.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

You waited for the Fireman to go off-line before posting that.
Mate you are in for a serious flaming!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

f*** the Fireman too

wolfpup
Club Player

i am late to this but my 2 cents...

I listen to finey most sunday mornings and sometimes on sunday nights (only during the footy season), and tend to enjoy his shows, although he does appear to be more of a shock jock this year for some reason.

Anyways, i remember Ross Lyons 2nd year as coach of the sainters. Around the time we were about to drop dal and milne, anyways we scraped a win against nth melb in the gold coast that week.

Just before that win, he was absolutely tearing strips off lyon and our players, basically lamenting the lyon decision and to bring back the thomas glory days.

So to me, this rant sounds similar to that last rant about lyon years ago now. Looking back, there were no Lyon glory days as we lost 2 grand finals and made a prelim (after barely scraping through with a double chance to finish 4th). If finey is upset over a coach who wants the saints to not accept mediocrity then tough, I think SW has a point, like others have said sacking our coach now makes no sense at all.

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:You waited for the Fireman to go off-line before posting that.
Mate you are in for a serious flaming!
Fireman has gone for a beer with his mate, he said he is a Fine friend..

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:f*** the Fireman too
I think you and I are a very small minority group on here when it comes to Lyon and Milne.
AGM held in a phone box?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

What a lovely place SS has become.

PS The media easily manipulates the weak minded, they know it and they milk it for all it's worth.
The weak minded are among us my friends.
Last edited by The Fireman on Tue 17 Sep 2013 11:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scoop
Club Player

No need to be flamed by the Fireman.....you're already on fire Scollop...... :D

Too much fire at the Saints these days.... :shock:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

You know I'll say it again. If everything is as bleak as some of you are saying, the coach has lost the players, the admin are fighting with each other, the club is imploding .......

I'm still trying to find the list of all the players asking for trades and the bloke who obviously blackmailed Lendog in committing to another year.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
No need to be flamed by the Fireman.....you're already on fire Scollop...... :D

Too much fire at the Saints these days.... :shock:
I extinguish.