New Recruits tally

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: New Recruits tally

Is this a realistic trade thread or just every player mentioned on a footy forum?

busso mick
Club Player

dragit wrote:Is this a realistic trade thread or just every player mentioned on a footy forum?
I find the mentioning of "realistic" and "fan forum" in the same sentence quite ironic.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:
dragit wrote:Is this a realistic trade thread or just every player mentioned on a footy forum?
I find the mentioning of "realistic" and "fan forum" in the same sentence quite ironic.
I was alluding that they are different things.

Some trade rumours come from genuine club talks, but most are just fans starting a thread on every single delisted & uncontracted player. Matt Thomas is surely the latter?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Tim Riggins.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
busso mick wrote:
I was alluding that they are different things.

Some trade rumours come from genuine club talks, but most are just fans starting a thread on every single delisted & uncontracted player. Matt Thomas is surely the latter?

And thats the reason why I may start to introduce some rules and maybe another new header of culled.

Really the list will be incredibly huge if every single mention of a player gets added.

Info on Kelly and Riggins please. Draftees??? What are the expectations on where in the draft etc?

Thanks

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Update @ Monday 16th Sept
Kelly added to draft targets, Jesse White taken off mentioned in despatches

Dustin Martin highlighted as in play

Draft targets mentioned

Scharenberg,
Bontompelli,
Harvey,
Allir Allir
Langdon
Aish
Boyd
Sheed
Billings
Kelly

Linked to trades
Bruce
Delaney
Michie
Nahas - :cry: :shock:
Dale Thomas

Mentioned in despatches possible trades

Griffith
Dustin Martin
Jared Polec
Patrick Karnezis
Jonathon Patton
David Myers
Taylor Adams
Garlett (take your pick)
Alik Magin
Tippett's brother
James Frawley
Matt Thomas

Possible Losses

Dal Santo
Fisher
Ledger[/quote]

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

He hasn't been linked to us however it has been reported he wants out of Brisbane - Elliot Yeo. He has all the attributes to be an absolute jet. 189 cms and extremely quick and agile. He can play just about anywhere on the ground but I suspect he ends up in the midfield. He reminds me of Scott Pendlebury. Being an East Freo lad if he is traded it'll likely be to a WA team. I'd hope we put our hat in the ring though. I'd happily give up pick 21 for him.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote: Being an East Freo lad if he is traded it'll likely be to a WA team.
So West Coast, Fremantle or St Kilda then 8-)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:He hasn't been linked to us however it has been reported he wants out of Brisbane - Elliot Yeo. He has all the attributes to be an absolute jet. 189 cms and extremely quick and agile. He can play just about anywhere on the ground but I suspect he ends up in the midfield. He reminds me of Scott Pendlebury. Being an East Freo lad if he is traded it'll likely be to a WA team. I'd hope we put our hat in the ring though. I'd happily give up pick 21 for him.

I like Yeo if he's available. I think we should probably avoid taking any more WA players from now on though- they all seem to need to go home to mum after a few seasons.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Update @ Tuesday 17th Sept

Dustin Martin bolded and big font (huge rumour contract offered by the Saints - 4 years 600-650k per year - all the drugs he, and Chips can snort :wink:) Moved from Mentioned in despatches to Linked to Trades

South Aussies Mattew Jaensch and Brodie Martin as per Ghost Like's thread

Draft targets mentioned

Scharenberg,
Bontompelli,
Harvey,
Allir Allir
Langdon
Aish
Boyd
Sheed
Billings
Kelly

Linked to trades

Bruce
Delaney
Michie
Dale Thomas
Dustin Martin

Griffith
Jared Polec
Patrick Karnezis
Jonathon Patton
David Myers
Taylor Adams
Garlett (take your pick)
Alik Magin
Tippett's brother
James Frawley
Matt Thomas
Mattew Jaensch
Brodie Martin

Possible Losses

Dal Santo
Fisher
Ledger

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Update @ Tuesday 17th Sept Afternoon

Dustin Martin deleted after new re Watters making sure we didn't chase.

New Category added

New Coach

Alan Richardson

Draft targets mentioned

Scharenberg,
Bontompelli,
Harvey,
Allir Allir
Langdon
Aish
Boyd
Sheed
Billings
Kelly

Linked to trades

Bruce
Delaney
Michie
Dale Thomas

Griffith
Jared Polec
Patrick Karnezis
Jonathon Patton
David Myers
Taylor Adams
Garlett (take your pick)
Alik Magin
Tippett's brother
James Frawley
Matt Thomas
Mattew Jaensch
Brodie Martin

Possible Losses

Dal Santo
Fisher
Ledger
Scott Watters

Lance or James??

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
Old Mate wrote:He hasn't been linked to us however it has been reported he wants out of Brisbane - Elliot Yeo. He has all the attributes to be an absolute jet. 189 cms and extremely quick and agile. He can play just about anywhere on the ground but I suspect he ends up in the midfield. He reminds me of Scott Pendlebury. Being an East Freo lad if he is traded it'll likely be to a WA team. I'd hope we put our hat in the ring though. I'd happily give up pick 21 for him.

I like Yeo if he's available. I think we should probably avoid taking any more WA players from now on though- they all seem to need to go home to mum after a few seasons.
Ledger, Mitchie, Yeo in a three way trade and swap of draft picks

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
BelfastSaint
Club Player

What about the Mitch Thorp to Saints rumour ..... another poster mentioned the Pelchen connection ..
Is he worth consideration ?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/f ... 6684649930

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Update @ Wednesday 18th Sept Morning

David Myers moved from despatches to trades

Elliot Yeo added to despatches

New Coach

Alan Richardson

Draft targets mentioned

Scharenberg,
Bontompelli,
Harvey,
Allir Allir
Langdon
Aish
Boyd
Sheed
Billings
Kelly

Linked to trades

Bruce
Delaney
Michie
Dale Thomas
David Myers

Griffith
Jared Polec
Patrick Karnezis
Jonathon Patton
Taylor Adams
Garlett (take your pick)
Alik Magin
Tippett's brother
James Frawley
Matt Thomas
Mattew Jaensch
Brodie Martin
Elliot Yeo

Possible Losses

Dal Santo
Fisher
Ledger
Scott Watters

Lance or James??

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

It's a great exercise this thread in seeing how accurate these rumours are....most probably about 1-2 at the most will be right.

I think we should have two new sticky threads.
One called 'Rumours'....all the people who say "I have on good authority...",etc,etc...post them there so they stay there forever and we get too see the outcome.

Second,'Predictions'..... We all make predictions,lets see how good we are with it. Also some of the hindsight hero's on here get there opportunity in real time...

Bring back the Lockett era
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

How ab.out a third sticky titled "Wish List"

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Update @ Thursday 19th Sept Afternoon

Nothing of note.

A puff piece by Jon Ralph speculating on Leigh Montagna so he gets added to possible trades

New coach category has gone and Scott Watters removed from possible losses as Mark Fine loses all credibility by carrying on with no substance.

Draft targets mentioned

Scharenberg,
Bontompelli,
Harvey,
Allir Allir
Langdon
Aish
Boyd
Sheed
Billings
Kelly

Linked to trades

Bruce
Delaney
Michie
Dale Thomas
David Myers

Griffith
Jared Polec
Patrick Karnezis
Jonathon Patton
Taylor Adams
Garlett (take your pick)
Alik Magin
Tippett's brother
James Frawley
Matt Thomas
Mattew Jaensch
Brodie Martin
Elliot Yeo

Possible Losses

Dal Santo
Fisher
Ledger
Leigh Montagna

Lance or James??

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Pbly add Armo to of possible losses

sasaint
Club Player

BelfastSaint wrote:What about the Mitch Thorp to Saints rumour ..... another poster mentioned the Pelchen connection ..
Is he worth consideration ?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/f ... 6684649930
Very good chance IMOH.

Patience young grasshopper
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

[quote="joffaboy"]Update @ Friday 20th Sept Morning

Nothing of note.

Draft targets mentioned

Scharenberg,
Bontompelli,
Harvey,
Allir Allir
Langdon
Aish
Boyd
Sheed
Billings
Kelly

Linked to trades

Bruce
Delaney
Michie
Dale Thomas
David Myers

Griffith
Jared Polec
Patrick Karnezis
Jonathon Patton
Taylor Adams
Garlett (take your pick)
Alik Magin
Tippett's brother
James Frawley
Matt Thomas
Mattew Jaensch
Brodie Martin
Elliot Yeo

Possible Losses

Dal Santo
Fisher
Ledger
Leigh Montagna

Lance or James??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Thorp would be worth a look. 194 running key forwards are a rarity especially when they are ready made.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Thorp would be worth a look. 194 running key forwards are a rarity especially when they are ready made.

No he wouldnt be worth a look. Are we trying to improve our side or bring in as many ordinary players as possible. The only one that seems could be good based on a few things is Bruce. The rest are eithers very ordinary, to old or cost to much.

saint6709
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Thorp would be worth a look. 194 running key forwards are a rarity especially when they are ready made.

No he wouldnt be worth a look. Are we trying to improve our side or bring in as many ordinary players as possible. The only one that seems could be good based on a few things is Bruce. The rest are eithers very ordinary, to old or cost to much.
Due diligence is all about having a look - yes they should look at him - and they should have a good look at a whole heap of guys

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I'd rather Thorp on the list than Milera, TDL, Maister or CJ.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

because you are the only person who should judge it not a professional recruiter from our club. Wow okay.