Seb Ross Rising Star

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ChelseaGuy
Club Player

Seb Ross Rising Star

Just on league teams. Dermott mentioned Jack Steven, Sipposs, & Serb Ross.

Called Ross a Rising Star, Sipposs need to transform himself into an aerobic machine.

Jack obviously a good story. Special mention also to Wright. Good to see some positive outside mentions

Winmar
Club Player

Re: Seb Ross Rising Star

Good to see some of those guys get recognised. I'm not sure that Siposs deserves to be mentioned after the year he had this year. He needs to learn how to work his butt off and get the football in his hands.

ChelseaGuy
Club Player

To clarify, Dermott did say that Sipposs was a miss this year after an impressive 2012 but too reliant on his kicking and he needs to build his aerobic capacity but he had the tools to be successful.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Let's be honest Dermot loves us.
I'm pretty sure he also knows Siposs family so he's biased.
But good to have someone in our tent.
Good stuff.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Dermie loves Watters

Before Im 85
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Dermie loves Watters
I think that's it

Any other coach and it might be
"Look I'm worried bout the Saints... the cupboards bare and quality is doubtful..."

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Dermie loves Watters

And that's Fine.

.....oh no it's not :P

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Let's be honest Dermot loves us.
Good stuff.

Dermott has and will always hate the Saints. he is a mate of SW. Have no idea where you come up with stuff that he knows Siposs family.

SunburySaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Good stuff.

Dermott has and will always hate the Saints. he is a mate of SW. Have no idea where you come up with stuff that he knows Siposs family.
I have heard Dermie say a while back knew Atilla in some capacity and that he can remember Arryn runing around kicking a footy as a little boy....

Now lives in Geelong...
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I note that Daniel Markworth never gets a mention when people talk about our crop of youngsters. I suppose, out of sight-out of mind. If I remember correctly he was very highly regarded before he did his knee. Let's hope he used the Lenny Hayes template on how to recover/rehab from a knee reco !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

plugger66 wrote:
Good stuff.

Dunno about that. I remember after a match between St Kilda and Hawthorn Dermie, Trevor Barker and a number of other Saints/Hawthorn players hanging out together at the Saints Disco.

ChelseaGuy
Club Player

SunburySaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Good stuff.

I have heard Dermie say a while back knew Atilla in some capacity and that he can remember Arryn runing around kicking a footy as a little boy....
Yeah he mentioned something about knowing the Dad last night

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ChelseaGuy wrote:
SunburySaint wrote:
Yeah he mentioned something about knowing the Dad last night

that he did...from the horse's mouth.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ljpoyz
Club Player

Probably rightly as well, he hasnt played a game yet and is 21 (?). Never going to be mentioned externally.
Eastern wrote:I note that Daniel Markworth never gets a mention when people talk about our crop of youngsters. I suppose, out of sight-out of mind. If I remember correctly he was very highly regarded before he did his knee. Let's hope he used the Lenny Hayes template on how to recover/rehab from a knee reco !!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Good stuff.

hate is a pretty strong word there Plugger .... i dont think Dermot particually hates any club obviously he has his favorite and he has some clubs he would hold in higher regard doubt he hates st kilda ...

i also remember hearing Dermy talk about knowing the Siposs family that he remembers a little Arryn playing juniour footy (from memory it wasnt long after Arryn got his rising star nomination )

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Yeah Derm doesn't hate the Saints. I haven't heard him say a bad word about us except we'll never win another premiership because we're "St Kilda".

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SunburySaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Good stuff.

So he knew someone that had a son that kicks a football?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Good stuff.

I've heard him talk about Siposs on radio a lot - maybe he just knows of them. But Dermie loves the Saints these days.

Maybe he used to hate us. Yes I know its mainly because of Watters - but he loves us atm.

I also see him in Ackland St a fair bit so maybe he feels an affinity these days.

Love how you pipe in when you get upset because apparently only YOU can be besties with everyone.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SunburySaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Sorry plugger - ok hes not as close with them as you. You happy now?

We all know your ego is entirely based on 'knowing' footy players on a personal level.
Apparently this is your exclusive domain and not even a bloke with 5 day and 5 night flags can dare enter!

As Sunbury Saint says - I have heard Dermie say the same thing about Aaron and his dad at least once. Why are you threatened if he does know them? Why do you give a sh*t? Maybe hes said hello to him once at a kids game. Either way - he talks about the Saints with some affection and usually talks positively about us. Whats the big deal.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Good stuff.

I've heard him talk about Siposs on radio a lot - maybe he just knows of them. But Dermie loves the Saints these days.

Maybe he used to hate us. Yes I know its mainly because of Watters - but he loves us atm.

I also see him in Ackland St a fair bit so maybe he feels an affinity these days.

Love how you pipe in when you get upset because apparently only YOU can be besties with everyone.
know all no nothing ...you certainly have his number..... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SunburySaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

We all know your ego is entirely based on 'knowing' footy players on a personal level.
Apparently this is your exclusive domain and not even a bloke with 5 day and 5 night flags can dare enter!

As Sunbury Saint says - I have heard Dermie say the same thing about Aaron and his dad at least once. Why are you threatened if he does know them? Why do you give a sh*t? Maybe hes said hello to him once at a kids game. Either way - he talks about the Saints with some affection and usually talks positively about us. Whats the big deal.

he actually stated that he knew aaron's father on fox last night...i heard him......so plugga is just talking crap...as usual..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Good stuff.

I pipe in because you come up with amazing things. Dermie always hated the Saints and will hate them even more more when SW is eventually sacked as most coaches are. I dont know Dermott at all but I have heard him on radio and TV for years. His best mate played for us and he used to laugh at how unprofessional we were when his mate played for us and it carried on for years. Dont you live in WA Con? And you see him Ackland St. What the hell does that matter? You are hilarious.

And you must be so proud you have Stinger on your side. Con all i can say is I spoke to Kosi the other day and was in the toilet with Blakey. Wow.
Last edited by plugger66 on Fri 20 Sep 2013 2:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
SunburySaint wrote:

he actually stated that he knew aaron's father on fox last night...i heard him......so plugga is just talking crap...as usual..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hello Stinger.

SunburySaint
Club Player

The Redeemer wrote:
SunburySaint wrote:
So he knew someone that had a son that kicks a football?
No he knew Atilla and knew Arryn growing up. As mentioned before he stated this after Arryn won a rising star nomination.. Can't recall what the relationship was, just remebered dermie saying that

Now lives in Geelong...