Leave your tributes here for Ross Lyin'

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Leave your tributes here for Ross Lyin'

st.byron wrote:Thought I might not mind Freo winning, but saw Lyin in the box and my gut response was, "F*** you".
No sympathy. Glad Hawthorn won.
Same here. Also it is just wrong having Fremantle in a G F

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Personally couldn't give a crap. Hardly devestated though.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
felix
Club Player

The cobblers did the cobbling.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Wonder how that journalist he "malthoused" feels tonight?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
SainterK wrote:No more blaming the players.

Exhausting and taxing game plan, try kicking "easy" goals after implementing that.

No such thing as easy goals when you're stuffed.

We are very hard on our players.

Agree..

BTW is that you on twitter ?

Tired in the first quarter?

Oh my...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Tired in the last half last week, just picked up where they left off...

Anyone who doesn't think that GP doesn't take a physical toll as the year wears on, is kidding themselves.

IMHO

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The gun for hire coach shot blanks on the big day (again).

He'll most likely have another massive window of opportunity to claim his first flag next year as well. I mean, who is going to challenge them if Buddy leaves Hawthorn? Geelong could be the only threat really. Jeez, a Dockers Vs Geelong GF would be a cauliflower and brussel sprout scenario.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
St Igmata
Club Player

I thought he has done a wonderful job.
They will be back.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I wonder how many players he retires tonight?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thought subbing off Clarke was a mistake, hawks gave them an opportunity to move a tall into the F50

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I reckon if Lyon had coached the Hawks today they'd have won by ten goals.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I reckon if Lyon had coached the Hawks today they'd have won by ten goals.
Freo would have had to kick none for that to happen! :oops:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Exhausting and taxing game plan, try kicking "easy" goals after implementing that.

It was the contrast, Freo laboured and Hawks hardly had to move to take clean marks because of their kicking skills. I'm glad we have Pelchen because they have a brilliant list of skilful players. Ross took over an attack happy list and turned it ultra conservative and defensive. Danyule Pierce was so like one of his Peake, Polo or Gamble experiments too.

Rosco
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Up your Lyon you Turd.

4 GF's zero wins
Same as us since 1997...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

suck sh!t lyin....freo not good enough and neither was the coach....... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

hawks are the first winners of a grandfinal that i have liked and admired since.....umh.......well when the hawks won the last time....... :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D :D :D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Tired in the first quarter?

Oh my...
Why is it all so simple for you and Ross Lyon to blame the players. Bad kicking by the team means there's something going on upstairs between the shoulders. The coach is accountable whether he accepts that or not. Yeah - what a strange concept - the attitude and the mental strength or focus of the players has a direct relationship with the coaching or preparation by the head coach. They fail means you have failed to prepare them for today.

Maybe SainterK meant that the gameplan is exhausting on the mind. The focus and the game of footy that Ross Lyon wants his players to play is not footy as we knew it.

The coach DEMANDS that you focus on his defensive structures and that you execute your zones. The coach rewards pressure acts. The focus isn't on kicking goals. If there is one game in the year that Ross Lyons game plan can come unstuck it is the GF.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:suck sh!t lyin....freo not good enough and neither was the coach....... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

hawks are the first winners of a grandfinal that i have liked and admired since.....umh.......well when the hawks won the last time....... :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D :D :D
Lot to like about the Hawks. Wholesome family club with Liberal Party values.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:I wonder how many players he retires tonight?
Dawson should be the first. Terrible game. But then again Ross might like to have a fellow 0-4 loser along side him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
stinger wrote:suck sh!t lyin....freo not good enough and neither was the coach....... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

What's that. They hate reffos at Hawthorn?

Lance or James??

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

ummm what a supprise that they folded under the events pressure... then came the Hawks. LOL after the first 10 min I thought the hawks were going to ruin them... third qrt come back was a decent effort.. but god i thought only the saints shanked it on big days.. these guys made us look like we kicked straight.

Pavs first few shots just crazy Bruce thought he ment the 2nd...no Bruce he shanked it. anyway just shows you might think you're ready but come the last day in SEP you really know were your head is at.

Freo imo has one shot left then the list wont be able to keep that type of game up just like what happened at the Saints... so watch their list next year if Ross just brings in filla men for picks you all know were this story is going.... bye bye freo for 5-7 years. will be interesting to watch them over the next two years.
Last edited by ShanghaiSaint on Sat 28 Sep 2013 10:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

What's that. They hate reffos at Hawthorn?
Interesting how Mr. Abbott wasn't showing any anti-Victorian sentiment today and backed the Hawks.

I suppose most other clubs could be "un-Christian" to him.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

:wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Best side all year won. No great coaching bad or good moves from either side unless we believe a person on here blaming FL for Freo bad kicking. A couple of things though. Terrible game of footy to watch live. Tall forwards are nearly finished unless the game changes and Hawthorns recruiting is sublime and someone actually said a couple of days ago that could be their problem. Best 2 on the ground werent at the club 3 years ago.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Hope that burns like hell Ross ya Dog! Look I admit I'm blind I've been drinking since am! But I love the St. Kilda Football club to death
and if you are not with this club well you are against it! It wouldn't matter how much money some other prick offered me I could never support
another club! I am a saints main until I die! This guy almost got us there but then showed his true colours and left for what really matters!
So Ro$$ Lyin I hope yet another Grand Final loss burns like hell! Enjoy!!!! Carn the mighty f@rken sainters!!!! Strength Through Loyalty C.unt!!!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Best side all year won. No great coaching bad or good moves from either side unless we believe a person on here blaming FL for Freo bad kicking. A couple of things though. Terrible game of footy to watch live. Tall forwards are nearly finished unless the game changes and Hawthorns recruiting is sublime and someone actually said a couple of days ago that could be their problem. Best 2 on the ground werent at the club 3 years ago.

You have to respect the Hawks who stuck together for less pay and got Lake, Gibson, Hale and Gunston to adorn a very good core.