2 million thanks to the schoolgirl!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kickit
Club Player

Re: 2 million thanks to the schoolgirl!!!

Con Gorozidis wrote:We have played the victim on this and the fact is we got outsmarted and outplayed by a 17yo.
The fact is it all started because some total moron at the club decided sending 21 22 yos to a co ed high school was a good
idea.
Sure clinics in primary schools are great but ffs.
I wouldn't use the word "outsmarted".
Its easy to win in a destructive game, you build a house of cards, and I'll use my far superior intellect to knock it down.
The Saints could have sued the s*** out of Duthy but a) it would have created further adverse publicity, and b) she had no money.
They can probably still sue her, so maybe we should be hoping she'll be James Packer's next bride.

Joffa 5
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:We have played the victim on this and the fact is we got outsmarted and outplayed by a 17yo.
The fact is it all started because some total moron at the club decided sending 21 22 yos to a co ed high school was a good
idea.
They met her in Sydney after the game. Don't get sucked in by the media reports

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Joffa 5 wrote:
idea.
Where she posed as a 19yo AIS student.

Kickit
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote:
Joffa 5 wrote:
Where she posed as a 19yo AIS student.
In a nightclub, where it was supposed to be a safe assumption that everyone was 18.

defacto
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:SEN up there with the Herald Sun for credibility.
sadly the two are now intertwined

matrix
Saintsational Legend

god knows what the interest was in the horsefaced trollop anyway

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:god knows what the interest was in the horsefaced trollop anyway
Well if you don't know, you've lived a very sheltered life!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Buckets wrote:The AFL needed to step in and stop KIA. There will be some that will not renew and if infractions do occur watch them jump!
infractions will be the final straw - agreed
but wouldnt it be nice if the saints could attract household big household brand names such as these ?

so back to the OP is anyone actually believing anything that is coming out of Fineys' rumour trashing of the saints at the moment?
and people need to remember its not just this instance that would cost us sponsorship.
throw in Milne/Montagna, Lovett, ad nauseum etc

Seeya
Kickit
Club Player

When did Jeld Wen decrease their sponsorship?
I think the timing was right but the reason wasn't clear.
I always thought that Jeld Wen was the wrong sort of company to gain bit benefits from sponsoring a footy club. There wasn't a clear linkage to their consumer brands and I suspect their main customers would be large builders or hardware outlets. Betfair came in AFTER the Duthie thing.

* ( I'd love to see James Hird do an add for Kia in the current vein of their advertising - James Picks up hitchhiker - Hitchiker " wow you're James Hird , you are so admired in the footy world " James: "I don't know why I cheat and lie through my teeth " Both "hahahah " ).

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote: * ( I'd love to see James Hird do an add for Kia in the current vein of their advertising - James Picks up hitchhiker - Hitchiker " wow you're James Hird , you are so admired in the footy world " James: "I don't know why I cheat and lie through my teeth " Both "hahahah " ).
Now that is FUN-NEEEEEEE :D

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

No offense but a couple of feel good fluffy stories is not going to bring back any sponsors when your brand has just been trashed.

No offense. But did Westaway actually achieve anything?

I am not actually talking about fluff pieces...but rather my point was on the Club actually achieving things.

I guess I am only only one that sees the irony in a President that swept to power critisisng the financial management of the previous incumbents...and greater member engagement...............and who then drives the club into the ground despite being in Grand Finals and who also brought in an era where fans are ignored and distanced from their club.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Yes, I'm sure you're all concerned (or at least pretend to be!) about poor little Kim.
I'm actually bloody annoyed that because someone couldn't keep his d*** in his pants, this vindictive, deceitful and delusional b**t cost the club credibility, millions of dollars, probably another crack at the Flag and maybe our senior coach.

For the record, she wasn't a schoolgirl when the supposed liaison happened and she was never pregnant.

It's the oldest story in the world..... Very similar to Monica Lewinsky.
The guy is flattered by the attention of an available young woman.
She thinks that she will end up as her hero's wife, be famous and live happily ever after...... Unfortunately the real world is a little different to fairy tales.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
ace
Saintsational Legend

What a pity they don't test players IQ at the draft combine.
What a pity St Kilda does not test players IQ before drafting them.

Football is a sport where intellectual capacity plays only a little part but at a professional level it is vital for a club's survival.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Kickit
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

No offense but a couple of feel good fluffy stories is not going to bring back any sponsors when your brand has just been trashed.

No offense. But did Westaway actually achieve anything?

I am not actually talking about fluff pieces...but rather my point was on the Club actually achieving things.

I guess I am only only one that sees the irony in a President that swept to power critisisng the financial management of the previous incumbents...and greater member engagement...............and who then drives the club into the ground despite being in Grand Finals and who also brought in an era where fans are ignored and distanced from their club.
My memory is that acknowledged Butterss ability to balance the budget, but they actually wanted to spend MORE money on the footy department and bring in more revenue to achieve it.
Hence they were "Footy First".
They did spend more on the footy department and have generally not been making massive losses.

Under Butterss

Coach: Dictatorial type who was selected by basically being close by when the previous coach was sacked.
Head of football: Refer to Coach
Conditioning : Refer to Coach
Recruitment: Loyal old geriatric who was provided with a station wagon to scope out available talent.

I think there has been an improvement.

Megamaguire
Club Player

AFL still ripping off Saints !

CURLY wrote:AFL should compensate us for any losses. They knew the truth but refused to publicly back the players.

Yes, yes Curly of coarse if the afl were fair dinkum the financial commitment would be there.

Just like the fiasco situation running at the Dome. Ridiculous that the teradionally more financially compromised clubs like ourselves; bulldogs and nth. cop an annual rip-off at the hands of the Dome owners.
T I M E ... for the afl to buy out the stadium - get a loan for goodness sake. It's affordable and overdue
Imagine how it would simplify things 4 these 3 melb. clubs - i know they are still 3 melb. clubs but i honestly believe they can all thrieve if the afl came to the party.

G O C U R L Y !

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Megamaguire
Club Player

Saints admin to take harder line!

This new board N E E D S to be much tougher; smarter and better planning.
Swans can do it what about our Saints?

G O S A I N T S !

Megamaguire
Club Player

BETTER ADMIN THANX !

saintsRrising wrote:Right, right.

Personally I sheet it home to having a nondescript President that was way too low profile and not proactive enough. Such an approach means that the only news is bad news. = doomed to failure.

You need a proactive, rather than just a reactive, approach. That way if there is any bad news about, it is offset wit the good stuff.

It is just way to easy to blame it on the schoogirl affair.

S E C O N D E D

G O S A I N T S !

Megamaguire
Club Player

idea.

CAN ONLY HOPE ST. KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB LEARN FROM THIS CON.

Past mistakes and monumental stuffups that are allowed to cut off the flow of financial aid are plain bad business.

GOT TO BE SMARTER
and humble - learning from ordinary decision making means aiming for the best you can . Taking seriously the need for a youth acadamy to at least draw level with the richer clubs is finally happening at St. Kilda - i hope.
Getting the best coach we can - and keeping them. ( Getting both parts right is a win-win).

Getting a financial boost from NZ looks like good planning!
Keeping at the AFL for a decent Dome deal should be constantly pushed for. the afl are shocking on this and St. Kilda need to maintain the rage. It was the afl who forced us out of Waverley. History now and i like the Dome as it turns out but the bullying tactics behind afl thinking should not be forgotten when our club has to constantly struggle just to draw par with the financially blessedclubs in the competition.

G O S A I N T S !