Sen predicting mass exodus

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sen predicting mass exodus

joffaboy wrote:Bains - All players contracted, players have to be happy with trades (so does club)

Roo will not be traded - Pelchan, Saints website

Dal Santo - Essendon and North interest but nothing at all presented to the Saints

Montagna - no interest as yet

Fisher - some interest from GWS as SoS previous defensive coach, nothign concrete.

FFS - will people stop posting this hysterical nonsense.

Apart from Roo, every single one of those players are contracted, so the trades will have to be on the clubs terms even if they wanted out.

Unless of course people want to believe all the rumour as fact, and that Bains, Pelcan and the president are have all lied in recent interviews.

Suppose it is much more "exciting" than the truth.

As for the Dal Santo deal being done, Bains stated this morning that nothing had been offered to the Saints. Interesting that the deal is done with no offer, unless of course Bains is a liar.
Lacks hysteria and hyperbole but completely realistic.

Overall, a pathetic effort.

:mrgreen:
Last edited by SaintPav on Wed 02 Oct 2013 11:52am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:Cant see anywhere that the club has said Rooey up for trade ..?
All piss & wind ..
Has to be.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Richter wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Meant to relay, that Roo is not even up for trade, and the others mentioned may be up for trade but will be on our terms. May lose none or all, but on the clubs terms.

Hardly disarray as some excitable types on here would have you think :wink:
I actually wonder about Rooey. I mean if we were offered a great deal for him, perhaps it would be foolish not to consider it? Of course we can't say that publicly, but Rooey is a smart enough operator to know that too. Rooey himself stated that EVERY player (even Lenny hayes in his example) is up for trade if an unbelievable offer came in for them.

Would anyone take these for Rooey... (I would)

Tigers - #12 and #31 <--------> Riewoldt, #41
Bulldogs - #4 <-------> Riewoldt, #24, #41
Carlton - #14, #33 <-------------> Riewoldt, #41
From my perspective Roo is the equilevent of Robert Harvey, Trevor Barker, and the Doc.

Heart and Soul of the STKFC and should never be traded.

He is head and shoulder above ever other player on our list (including Lenny), and sometimes players are needed to be above the club (only once in a generation).

I want Roo to walk alongside the names I have mentioned. he needs to be a Saints for his whole playing career.

I know that sounds at odds with my stance on trading, but Riewoldt is the once in a generation player and even on one leg is still a great player and his value to the fabric of the club goes way beyond him as player and captain.
What if he agreed to it?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Richter
SS Life Member

Can I just point out to people that the fact that the club has stated that Roo won't be traded really doesn't mean much. It could just as well mean that we are putting his price up as that he is actually staying. Surely people understand public relations that much.

I have no inside info, but I am not one of those who believe that he is sacred. For mine, a crazy good deal for him could be a win/win.

Carlton, for instance might well see Dale Thomas and Rooey as being what they need to get themselves into contention for a flag in the next couple of years.

Might they be open to giving us #14 and #33 for Rooey if we paid $200k of his contract for the next 2 years? For mine that could be a deal worth doing.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Can I just point out to people that the fact that the club has stated that Roo won't be traded really doesn't mean much. It could just as well mean that we are putting his price up as that he is actually staying. Surely people understand public relations that much.

I have no inside info, but I am not one of those who believe that he is sacred. For mine, a crazy good deal for him could be a win/win.

Carlton, for instance might well see Dale Thomas and Rooey as being what they need to get themselves into contention for a flag in the next couple of years.

Might they be open to giving us #14 and #33 for Rooey if we paid $200k of his contract for the next 2 years? For mine that could be a deal worth doing.
Hari Kari time if we pay for a Carlton premiership, honestly.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

roo goes and so do i

im sorry joff
i know we (you especially) say no one is bigger than the club etc
but if roo is traded out (which i honestly think he wont be) then st kilda can kiss our two prem memberships goodbye

dal
mcevoy
chips are the three i reckon are on the move, possibly joey too

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

I have said it on another thread and Ill say it again... the flogs down at SEN have no freakin idea! Half of them would not even know if a tram was up their @rse unless the conductor rang the bell and the other half have no idea of what a tram even is! The SEN presenters are a blot on humanity and anyone who takes any notice of their cr@p should probably have their head examined.

SEN's attempt to increase their ratings by making up this sensationalist garbage will surely backfire as they currently have no credibility and will shortly have no listeners. Roll on the day when SEN goes belly up and ceases broadcasting their incessant bullsh1t.

Viking3
Club Player

Take a chill pill everyone.
Just let the trade period pan out and then we can see what actually happened, who went, who stayed.
Same hysteria every year around the trade period.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Buckets
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:roo goes and so do i

im sorry joff
but if roo is traded out (which i honestly think he wont be) then st kilda can kiss our two prem memberships goodbye

dal
mcevoy

IMO if Roo was to go it would be because he wanted to. Not going to keep a hold of a bloke who doesn't want to stay.

Champion or not.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i agree buckets
if he wants out you have to question wtf is going on at the club

if he is forced out (which lets be honest this has to be complete crap surely) then jesus christ something is happening thats prob not that great down at seaford

Munga
Saintsational Legend

I'd say there are many players on the table, but that doesn't mean we'll trade all of them!
We'll suss out which are the best deals and only trade one maybe two players.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

im sorry joff

dal
mcevoy

Think you must have read my post wrong matrix - I am dead set against trading Roo.

Once in a generation player - only player on the list who should NEVER even be looked at to trade.

head and shoulders above anyone else on the list.

We trade him we trade our heart, we trade our legacy, we trade our integrity.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

nahh didnt think you wanted him traded joff

just going on somethign we were all talking about the other day with no individual being bigger than the club etc

roo is our friggin heart and soul capt
if he was traded and hadnt really wanted to go id be pretty f****** upset and angry

if he wants to go i would be asking wtf is going on down at seaford

on that, i think the roo leaving story is just some numpty having a laugh

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The new playing field of free agency means the smart clubs will need to be on the front foot and trade while they are contracted. The players wanted FA and all the power now they cry when they don't get loyalty back.

Richter
SS Life Member

I appreciate lots of people's passion for keeping Rooey. And overall I would prefer him to stay. However, I am also able to rationally put a price on him.

He has likely 2, max 3, season left in him. And what if he had a bad injury in the first few games of 2014. That could be it. So if we were offered a couple of good picks IMO that has to be looked at.

Btw I'm taking for granted that he may have already stated a willingness to go. From his point of view... he was close to GT... he left... he was close to Goose... he left... he was close to Bally... he left... he was close to Ross Lyon... he left... he was close to Goddard... he left... at least one of his other close mates in Dal is likely to go... Lenny will likely finish up at the end of next year... It's the end of a generation.

For mine, Rooey will always be a Saints man. If he were to have a swansong couple of seasons elsewhere at the end of his career, and as a by-product of that help us to re-generate... well I'm open to that.

This draft is said to be of a good quality up until #40 or so and then fall off a cliff.

IMO trading away two of Roo/Joey/Dal/Fisher/McEvoy for up to 4 picks in the 12-40 range would be shrewd business.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
sainterinsydney
Club Player

What if Rooey was part of a deal that got us pick 1 from GWS? We would be crazy not to consider it. We need to look to the future.

saint1974
Club Player

im sorry joff

dal
mcevoy
+ 5 memberships, heart and soul of the club, I put Roo in the category of the Doc, Barker and Harvey.
Would loose my faith in the club.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If we trade Roo it will be as bad as Stewart and Plugger. He is our best player of this era by a margin, on every measure is a champion.... Skill, commitment, courage, effort

It's not just about what he's going to do, it's about what he's done.... If he doesn't retire a Saint it will be a travesty.

SW said that young player see the way we treat our champions (which is what they want to be) they would have been inspired last Round
How would they be feeling with 3 or 4 ageing contracted superstars being shopped around like pieces of Meat.... If they can do that, what does it say about, respect and loyalty... How is supposed to create a sense of security at Seaford??

They see Nick R (and others)shipped off.... They will see the club as a place of work, which they will change as soon as a better offer lands.... Not as a home, which is difficult to leave due to an allegiance.

The 1998-2002 group stayed together in the face of countless offers by big clubs! No doubt the Loyal Legends Robert Harvey, Nathan Burke, Stewart Loewe, Max Hudghton, Andrew Thompson, Austin Jones the inspirations In fact a group of them made a pact, and Luke Ball was the beginning of the end for that group....

Don't sell Nick

He is the StK beacon, has been since he arrived.
except we made a gf 3 years after plugger left - after decades of no success...
when are people going to learn its a team game. the hawks won a flag just 4 days ago and mitchell and buddy didnt contribute. its a team game. you need 22 blokes who compete. still the penny hasnt dropped for some. people still seem to want to worship individuals. look fwd to tribute games' and place team performance somewhere down the list of importance. i think there is no chance roo will be leaving but i dont think plugger leaving was that bad. im too young to comment on ian stewart. no idea.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so nick didnt want to go, but he was pushed and traded

how do you think that would look to those coming up con???

yeah clubs bigger than individual etc

but crickey a 5 times best and fairest capt and someone will go down as a legend and a hall of famer for us??

yeah yeah we traded big names in the past
but crickey
it wouldnt look good imo

anyhoo
doenst matter
the capt is going nowhere and will be a one club playing legend for the saints

FQF
SS Life Member

If the entire Hawthorn list was swapped with St Kilda's and St Kilda then won a flag with all those players, would you be happy?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Pelchen has apparently just said Montagna and rooey aren't going anywhere. Ledger has said he asked to be delisted to get afresh start and up to 7 clubs are looking at him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Roo isnt going but just about every other older player bar Lenny is on the trade table. I think that is obvious. One may leave and thats ok but to lose 2 or 3 unless they really want to go isnt a great look for a club IMO. Chips obviously has some issues so it maybe best he get out of Victoria and Id say dal is certain to go. Dont see why we would get rid of Joey if those 2 left unless he to wants to go.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Great response from Devilhead on the thread; "Keep Dal At Saints Campaign"

AND needs to be repeated here...

posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=1397151
Devilhead wrote:
Greg T wrote:On SEN today KB mentioned that dal should stay.
The club has still not decided on Dal , which I think is not treating him with the respect he deserves.
He also mentioned Monty is being chucked on the table as well.
Said it would destroy the fabric of the club.I tend to agree.
Maybe that's what Finey has been on about at the club.
You would think SW would realistically move Heaven and Earth to keep them
Worse move possible for the club,seems there is alot of unhappy campers ATM ..
Seriously??

KB is now an authorative expert on St Kilda's trade news??

Destroy the fabric of the club??

Was St Kilda's fabric destroyed when we moved on Lockett??

Was St Kilda's fabric destroyed when we moved on Winmar??

Was Hawthorn's fabric destroyed when they moved on Brereton?

What about the numerous other champions that have moved clubs - was the fabric of the club they moved from destroyed?

Seriously??

Re: Monty - the article in the Heraldsun which KB probably got his insight from mentions that Monty will be staying if anything - but how did you put it "chucking him on the trade table"

Seriously??

Re: Dal - he has actually come out and said he would be happy to move if it was the best thing for the club in the long run - but now he is being disrespected even though he is currently on holiday in Thailand and most definitely has a firm grip of the situation and understands and knows that more time is needed.

Obviously you don't!!

Your agenda to have SW moved on is blindingly obvious - you have made no secret of it - but you are insulting the forum's intelligence with your ridiculous over reactions thinking they actually might influence someone else

spert
Saintsational Legend

A lot of hero worshipping on the forum sadly.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The sun will come up....tomorrow....