Goddard wins B&F

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Re: Goddard wins B&F

BigMart wrote:Gehrig was a good get for Pick 18.... Two Colemans andAA

WCE wouldn't have cried over it..... Daniel Kerr was selected with that pick

We did get Hickey for BJ, a future 10 year AA Ruckman
you really are beginning to sound like a whining bitch

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not whining about Gehrig.... He was an enormous player...

Hickey, I don't rate... But I'll have to wait for hindsight to set in before announcing that.... That what I do apparently?

However, It's not Hickeys fault BJ left, just a tongue in cheek comment... It was unavoidable (losing BJ) given the market place, club could not do anything about the 800k offer....

Pity, he should be current skipper... He chose not to be...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Impossible, a dud, past his best, medically wouldn't play every game, front runner etc etc

No one said he couldn't play it's just his last 2 years with us were below the outcome we came to expect he would get to. He is revitalised at Essendon and there is no reason to believe he would have had as good a year if he'd stayed. I saw him in St Kilda the other day and he looks fitter and more gym fit than he did with us. The move has remotivated him I believe- perhaps the dramas there are actually keeping life interesting for a very competitive guy.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
SainterK wrote:Impossible, a dud, past his best, medically wouldn't play every game, front runner etc etc

No one said he couldn't play it's just his last 2 years with us were below the outcome we came to expect he would get to. He is revitalised at Essendon and there is no reason to believe he would have had as good a year if he'd stayed. I saw him in St Kilda the other day and he looks fitter and more gym fit than he did with us. The move has remotivated him I believe- perhaps the dramas there are actually keeping life interesting for a very competitive guy.
2011 he injured his hip round one, and carried all year.

Then he was on crutches for 8 weeks after the operation, and I believe it was always going to take awhile for him to have faith in his body again.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:
Hickey, I don't rate... But I'll have to wait for hindsight to set in before announcing that.... That what I do apparently?

No you hindsight on plsyers like Darling and Gundy 18 months after they start playing well.

You are still bagging Steven because you didn't pick him as a player.

Who is the next player you will flay the Saints about missing/ Name them now for the coming draft.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Kickit
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Not whining about Gehrig.... He was an enormous player...

However, It's not Hickeys fault BJ left, just a tongue in cheek comment... It was unavoidable (losing BJ) given the market place, club could not do anything about the 800k offer....

Pity, he should be current skipper... He chose not to be...
The surprising thing about Hickey is how little footy he has actually played.
If we assume that people can actually learn and improve I'd be interested in knowing why you don't rate Hickey.
a) Is he too stupid to learn AFL?
b) Is he not athletic enough to play AFL?
What exactly are his shortcomings?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I wish BJ all the luck in the world. Don't begrudge him a thing. An excellent servant to our club, who gave us good service. There is absolutely NOTHING to be gained for our club, by us dwelling in the past and stewing over something we can do nothing about now. FOCUS ON THE FUTURE! Good on BJ, but he is now an ex-player.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:

No you hindsight on plsyers like Darling and Gundy 18 months after they start playing well.

You are still bagging Steven because you didn't pick him as a player.

Who is the next player you will flay the Saints about missing/ Name them now for the coming draft.

I will have a go- the guys who could slip down but still be mega stars and Crouch and Sheed. Collingwood or Richmond will take one who becomes a star in the first and we will all want to line up to kick Bains in the nuts.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: I will have a go- the guys who could slip down but still be mega stars and Crouch and Sheed. Collingwood or Richmond will take one who becomes a star in the first and we will all want to line up to kick Bains in the nuts.
But only if the kids Bains does pick are no good.

It's all relative.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

stuff goddard

made me waste 25 bucks on a shirt
:twisted:

Richter
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Gehrig was a good get for Pick 18.... Two Colemans andAA

WCE wouldn't have cried over it..... Daniel Kerr was selected with that pick

We did get Hickey for BJ, a future 10 year AA Ruckman

Do you really think Hickey will be a future 10 year AA ruckman? I dont think you think that. I suppose its a good way of continuing to hang it on the club. Didnt we get other players as well?
Actually as it turned out it was...

Goddard, #37 (Tanner Smith) and #53 (Tim Sumner) <-------> Hickey, #26 (Spencer White), #47 (traded for TDL, used by Sydney for Tim Membrey)

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Max Crow anyone?

mambo2706
Club Player

BJ was always going to win the best and FAIREST. The rest of them are drug cheats so they had no chance with the fairest bit.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Im going against the flow here and saying congrats BJ
Who cares about an Essendon player, if i wanted to read about one of em i'd find their Fan Forum..

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

whining bitch...so someone else knows...

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

He played consistently well. Good on him.

Still a favourite and rightly so.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

He was always going to have a good season because he had something prove. As long as they are in contention for the finals, I expect they will get another reasonable year out of him next year. Once their form drops off, so will BJ.

Im not sure how many games Jobe missed, but its weird to think BJ had a better year than Jobe.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
savatage
SS Life Member

It was out of all the players at Essendon who weren't on PED's.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:He was always going to have a good season because he had something prove. As long as they are in contention for the finals, I expect they will get another reasonable year out of him next year. Once their form drops off, so will BJ.

Im not sure how many games Jobe missed, but its weird to think BJ had a better year than Jobe.

apparently 3 games and then coming back from shoulder injury

BJ statement-- didn’t come here for individual awards," Goddard said.
"…I don’t have one regret coming to this footy club.

"I came here because I believe this team can achieve greatness.

"We all play football to win premiership and that’s the reason I came to Essendon.

"…As I said we’re not here to win individual awards, we’re here to achieve greatness and I believe this team can not only challenge for top four but we’ve got to start talking about premierships and we’ve got to start talking about Grand Finals."

Translation _ " I came here for a flag and you all better get me one."

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
Zed wrote:He was always going to have a good season because he had something prove. As long as they are in contention for the finals, I expect they will get another reasonable year out of him next year. Once their form drops off, so will BJ.

apparently 3 games and then coming back from shoulder injury

BJ statement-- didn’t come here for individual awards," Goddard said.
"…I don’t have one regret coming to this footy club.

"I came here because I believe this team can achieve greatness.

"We all play football to win premiership and that’s the reason I came to Essendon.

"…As I said we’re not here to win individual awards, we’re here to achieve greatness and I believe this team can not only challenge for top four but we’ve got to start talking about premierships and we’ve got to start talking about Grand Finals."

Translation _ " I came here for a flag and you all better get me one."
Major fan of Goddard but they won't

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

as far as I can tell he's getting paid the same if not more than Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, Selwood, Mitchell, Judd, etc

I don't think he's been that good

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What Joffa

Gundy or Grundy.... Who kicked 10 in a champs game for SA in 06 and was rated highly by their coach.... But fell to the rookie draft due to percieved lack of pace and has since played 100 games at 24 at CHB with a premiership

Darling.... The guy who would have gone pick 3 in 2009 but slipped to 26 in 2010 because he is was a hell raiser? But has been an exemplary citizen who has played 50+ games in three seasons as a Key Fwd now 21?

They were not just overlooked by StK... But a few others.... Mistakingly

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hickey

Doesn't impose himself enough physically for a 201cm Ruckman.... If being a Ruckman was only about Centre Bounces he would be OK... But the rest of his the job, he shows little..... He can't take a body grab.... And he's 6'7"

He may get better, but better fill out and show some more in the contest

matrix
Saintsational Legend

and the badge

i reckon the f****** badge was 8 or 10 bucks
:evil:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:What Joffa

Gundy or Grundy.... Who kicked 10 in a champs game for SA in 06 and was rated highly by their coach.... But fell to the rookie draft due to percieved lack of pace and has since played 100 games at 24 at CHB with a premiership

Darling.... The guy who would have gone pick 3 in 2009 but slipped to 26 in 2010 because he is was a hell raiser? But has been an exemplary citizen who has played 50+ games in three seasons as a Key Fwd now 21?

They were not just overlooked by StK... But a few others.... Mistakingly

Went back 32 pages and still cant work out who you are replying to. I have an idea. If its over a quote or two ago how about quoting the person so we can work out if you are talking really goodly or really badly.

And those players were not overlooked by a few others. They were overlooked by every single club at least once and in one players case about 4 times so every single fan forum would have a person saying the same as you even WCE and the Swans.