Rumour that Scott has gone...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Re: Rumour that Scott has gone...

lloyd21 wrote:So this is the guy who wanted to sell Stkilda to Carlton - Andrew Plympton back to destroy the club thru the media.

Anybody with one ounce of brains given the current media circus would know

Channel 7 just leading story because of this idiot.

Should forthwith be banned from anything associated with club forever .
Isn't he also the one who did our stunning stadium deal? F'wit.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Moorabbin Man wrote:
Why on earth would Plympton joke about that? Something smells.
Maybe he's a s**t comedian. I think if something was really on the go, and he was in the know, he wouldn't say anything. But the Pelchen/Watters thing needs to be sorted.

Way back when Lyon left Paul Roos jumped up and down about a terrible thing at the club, and Ross shouldn't put up with it etc etc. Nothing ever really came out about whatever that was did it? I often thought it must be a Pelchen/Lyon thing.

If Pelchen does all the right things over trade/draft time then I don't have a problem.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:
Exactly. This is no joke it's a gaff and now there's a whole heap of face saving. It's only a matter of time till someone's rolled...maybe his oil was slightly off the mark and it's actually pelican after all
i honestly think its a meaningless comment from a drunk idiot with relevance deprivation syndrome.
You are over-estimating him.
As if he would know anyway.
There is no cover up.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
Exactly. This is no joke it's a gaff and now there's a whole heap of face saving. It's only a matter of time till someone's rolled...maybe his oil was slightly off the mark and it's actually pelican after all
You wouldn't know. How could you? But you've got us folding and entering into our own apocalypse.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:
you still here. Instead of going on unsubstantiated rumours and s.hitcanning the club, show some backbone and do what you said you would do and piss off.

WE DONT NEED FAIR WEATHER NUMPTIES LIKE YOU CONTINUALLY BAGGING THE CLUB.

Just do what you said you would do and go. Or dont you have the integrity?

this is a supporters forum and you have shown you are no supporter of our club.

Just go.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Just to put into perspective how these things grow legs...

someone in this thread makes up a throwaway line about alcohol being an ingredient in the Plympton comment and then all of a sudden it is pushed on numerous times with interest...to the point where it could almost be consumed as fact.

All I'm going to say is lets hope the next generation are much smarter at being able to filter this thing called media.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Just to put into perspective how these things grow legs...

someone in this thread makes up a throwaway line about alcohol being an ingredient in the Plympton comment and then all of a sudden it is pushed on numerous times with interest...to the point where it could almost be consumed as fact.

All I'm going to say is lets hope the next generation are much smarter at being able to filter this thing called media.

Good point. Easy as pie to make shyte up and talk about it like it's fact. I did it re the booze only a few posts ago. Doh!!!!!
Summers has said there's a club wide review going on.
Has anyone who's worked in any substantial company ever had the experience of an organisation wide review rocking a few boats?
And with a context of financial struggles and finishing 3rd last, why would we be any different?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Just to put into perspective how these things grow legs...

Good point. Easy as pie to make shyte up and talk about it like it's fact. I did it re the booze only a few posts ago. Doh!!!!!
Summers has said there's a club wide review going on.
Has anyone who's worked in any substantial company ever had the experience of an organisation wide review rocking a few boats?
And with a context of financial struggles and finishing 3rd last, why would we be any different?

ABSOFUNKINGLUTELY! And it is a horrible feeling...viva self employment.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Plymo is a an idiot. He should ring SW and apologise.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
arpstk
Club Player

Voss anyone?

Saints43
Club Player

The former Saints president, who served between 1993 and 2000
This tells you all you need to know about Plympton. Took a team that could have won a flag (1991-1992) and managed it to rubbish. And the minute it was rejuvenated in 1997 managed it to rubbish (2000).

I managed to get a mate a scalped ticket to the 2009 GF. He sat next to AP. He later told me he'd never heard someone bag the club as much. At a GF. FFS. C.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
The former Saints president, who served between 1993 and 2000
This tells you all you need to know about Plympton. Took a team that could have won a flag (1991-1992) and managed it to rubbish. And the minute it was rejuvenated in 1997 managed it to rubbish (2000).

I managed to get a mate a scalped ticket to the 2009 GF. He sat next to AP. He later told me he'd never heard someone bag the club as much. At a GF. FFS. C.
I have met Plymo twice. Once was at the Long Room the year Lyon got appointed. I spoke to him for ages and he bagged the crap out of individuals at the club. Thomo, Stan, Timmy etc etc. He told me they had all lost their way. Hated Thomo with a passion. Really didn't have too many nice things to say about the Saints.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

oldie60 wrote:Are we saying that messrs' Riewoldt,Lenny,Armo,Fish,Joey and Dal will get us into the finals over the next two years. If they are saying that its him or us then so be it. Most of us members have accepted that we will be struggling for a few years then lets get it out of the way now and move on.Do we think a change in coach or any other position will change things quickly, i don't believe so.
Does Roo perhaps have a superiority complex and does he think he knows more than Pelchen and Watters? Does he think because Watters doesn't have the same game plan as Ross Lyon and because Roo learnt so much under Ross Lyon that if the current coach is on the same page as Roo that together with all the 30-35 year olds that Saints would be contenders again in 2015?

I went back and watched the series of videos; Watters & Riewoldt Exclusive.

After watching the series I think Roo is dead against trading Dal or Chips or Joey.

When he says that the team reminds him of where they were at in 2002, it seems to me that Roo thinks there could be a chance that he has one last push to play in a premiership for St Kilda if they keep ALL SENIOR players.

Is this the crux of the dummy spit and is Roo hellbent on trying to convince the board??

Is Roo being realistic or is he desperate? If this is the case then maybe he needs to make a decision this year or next if he wants to do a 'Brian Lake' or allow the club to get on with the job of rebuilding our playing list for long term sustained success.

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2013-09- ... ive-part-2

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2013-09- ... ive-part-3

oldie60
Club Player

Well said scollop, agree that there seems to be some selfishness appearing. Regardless of great service to the club its just that CLUB/TEAM, we/he need to do whats best for now and the future whether its for himself or the team. It could relieve a million off our salary cap.

karnaby
Club Player

Fair dinkum!!!

How do you possibly add Plympton being an idiot and the media getting a free bash at us to end up with Roo having "a superiority complex"?

Truly, we are our own worst enemies sometimes!

Let's put a bit more "SUPPORT" in the word supporter!!

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
oldie60 wrote:Are we saying that messrs' Riewoldt,Lenny,Armo,Fish,Joey and Dal will get us into the finals over the next two years. If they are saying that its him or us then so be it. Most of us members have accepted that we will be struggling for a few years then lets get it out of the way now and move on.Do we think a change in coach or any other position will change things quickly, i don't believe so.
Does Roo perhaps have a superiority complex and does he think he knows more than Pelchen and Watters? Does he think because Watters doesn't have the same game plan as Ross Lyon and because Roo learnt so much under Ross Lyon that if the current coach is on the same page as Roo that together with all the 30-35 year olds that Saints would be contenders again in 2015?

I went back and watched the series of videos; Watters & Riewoldt Exclusive.

After watching the series I think Roo is dead against trading Dal or Chips or Joey.

When he says that the team reminds him of where they were at in 2002, it seems to me that Roo thinks there could be a chance that he has one last push to play in a premiership for St Kilda if they keep ALL SENIOR players.

Is this the crux of the dummy spit and is Roo hellbent on trying to convince the board??

Is Roo being realistic or is he desperate? If this is the case then maybe he needs to make a decision this year or next if he wants to do a 'Brian Lake' or allow the club to get on with the job of rebuilding our playing list for long term sustained success.

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2013-09- ... ive-part-2

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2013-09- ... ive-part-3
Where did you get all that? From those little pr vids?

Roo said a couple of weeks back on MMM that everyone is tradeable.

Give us a break FFS.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

This is fast becoming the most hilarious post season the Saints have had in their relatively successless history.

There is so much shite floating around it's like the Carrum sewerage farm was hit by a tornado and the fallout landed at Belvedere Park..Seaford :shock: .. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Scollop wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:it is increasingly difficult to see a way out of here. we are just a f-ing mess and on top of player / management / membership issues we are completely out of coin. how on earth we will recover? the FA is going to change the shape of the game...if you are a polayer what would bring you to st kilda at the moment other than desperation????
A chance to play alongside Lenny

A chance to play alonside Roo

A chance to wear the number 4 -when CJ retires of course- made famous by Plugger and Doc and Barry Breen (legends of the St Kilda FC) or 19 or the number 23 or the number 18 or 44...
#19? Ricky Nixon must have really made an impact on you!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:Fair dinkum!!!

How do you possibly add Plympton being an idiot and the media getting a free bash at us to end up with Roo having "a superiority complex"?

Truly, we are our own worst enemies sometimes!

Let's put a bit more "SUPPORT" in the word supporter!!
We didn't start the rumours. Finey and BT and the media ran with stories of unrest and we are just looking to read between the lines. I'm just wondering whether Roo and other senior players should be getting involved in team list decisions because the harsh reality is that the senior group are only worried about the short term and their last couple of years as players.

I'd understand if we were a top 4 team that the senior group must be engaged and included in these things but when it comes to a rebuild - there is a conflict of interest and imho the senior group should butt out!!!

Why the hell are people so selfish that they would want to jeopardise any chance we have of snaring the best young footballers in the country. Let's make sure that we get the NEGATIVE HEADLINES regarding St Kilda to stop!!! It's in the best interest of the footy team and the medium term future of the Saints that the wheeling and dealing is kept in house if we are going to attract top talent to the club.

I'd say that I'm within my rights to cast a cloud on our captain if he is part of the unrest. If senior players or officials know exactly what's going on then they have failed to communicate that to supporters. I will continue pointing the finger squarely at out captain because he is not only the leader of the senior group but he has an obligation to be representing the medium term and long term future of StKFC.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote: #19? Ricky Nixon must have really made an impact on you!
Isn't Ricky a legend?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I ask the question again..

Why do people take the shite that's written on here as reality..

Why do people think that what they write on here write will affect the the club and hinder what it has planned.

This is a fan forum, it's not reality, it's for rabid saints fans to vent their idiotic opinions..

FFS lets embrace reality :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

So has Watters been picked up by any other club now that he's been sacked?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Will be at the club till end of 2016. Deal already done.

kalsaint
Club Player

"Mixed messages are being sent by the club".

"On one hand, there is a perception that all our seniors players are up for trade. Then Watters comes out and says to back off our players."

"The club has to find a way to better deal with how the media treat the Saints. Clearly we have a significant part of our supporter base that are ready to believe anything they hear or read and clearly the media feed from it."

Here's an idea.

1 Stop divulging information or leaks and stop the club acting like Labour (pre-election time).
2 Take a management step and inform the media if and when any deals are done.
3 Explain all other comment is rhetoric or myth and should be regarded as incorrect until the Saints media timing on trades and deals is clear.
4 Media wont like this. Its much like the "stop the boats" government communications process. They will still bleat about this throughout the trade period and will call it a blackout, but it will work.
5 Media scheduling should ultimately make it easier for the media to be available for club updates.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency