Shane Savage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

Re: Shane Savage

Let's not dress it up. I saw a fair bit of him in the VFL and he wasn't a standout.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Heard he kicked 5 in the VFL prelim from the midfield and should've been called up to play ones but that was the week they brought Cyril and Buddy back so couldn't fit him in.

Also remember the final where he came on early as the sub due to WhiteX doing a knee last year and was BOG. I see a lot of Dustin Martin in the way he plays, not too sure why, maybe just a real solid kick and can slot a goal or three! So if we can get a Dusty without the off field rubbish I'm a happy man.

Good luck to him , here's hoping for 200 massive games for us!
yeah he def reminds me of dusty. Solid core and bad hair help but he stands up in tackles and bustles out and massive kick. i think Dusty has some Kiwi heritage too.

andrewg
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Kickit wrote:If I was Terry Milera, I'd be trying to make sure I was the guy already working out in the Gym when Pelchen gets in in the morning, and hoping that Trent Dennis Lane wasn't there before me.
TDL will need a map to find the gym.
Has never set foot in the joint
i think we have our 2014 official whipping boy. A shame but did anyone think it would play out any other way??? Maybe Saintsational should sponsor TDL to keep up the amazing player retention record

andrewg
Club Player

Jimmy O'Dea wrote:Let's not dress it up. I saw a fair bit of him in the VFL and he wasn't a standout.

whats a fair bit? two, three games??

Richter
SS Life Member

Jimmy O'Dea wrote:Let's not dress it up. I saw a fair bit of him in the VFL and he wasn't a standout.
I'll have to defer to your direct vision, but he was a standout in the VFL prelim when he was best on ground with 27 possessions and 5 goals.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Flimsy, built like a female netballer. Sure, he can kick long.
But he has to get the ball first. Small thing I know, but...
With less meat than a chicken McNugget, he won't stand up well.
The last long-kicking wimp we had, didn't like contact from other players.
He preferred to contact his ex-partner 400 times in one day.
AHEM. Sorry.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
gringo
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Flimsy, built like a female netballer. Sure, he can kick long.
But he has to get the ball first. Small thing I know, but...
With less meat than a chicken McNugget, he won't stand up well.
The last long-kicking wimp we had, didn't like contact from other players.
He preferred to contact his ex-partner 400 times in one day.
AHEM. Sorry.
He a tough little man. He will stand up very well. He is a goer and no Gram or Cripps- he likes to bustle, tackle and will win his own ball.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Richter wrote:
I'll have to defer to your direct vision, but he was a standout in the VFL prelim when he was best on ground with 27 possessions and 5 goals.
Not sure we've even had a key fwd kick 5 in the magoos since well, the great white hope, let alone a mid/fwd.

As for the skinny kid syndrome, Joey worked out alright.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Richter wrote:
Not sure we've even had a key fwd kick 5 in the magoos since well, the great white hope, let alone a mid/fwd.

As for the skinny kid syndrome, Joey worked out alright.

He's skinny but solid cored and doesn't get taken out of the contest. Harford style low centre of gravity I guess. I guess I'm the only one excited by him but I have watched him and thought he looked a player.

Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

Weight is overrated. Players can have enormous strength without having to weigh 80 plus kgs. There's also a thing called technique of knowing how to break and make tackles

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Jiminy Wagga wrote:Weight is overrated. Players can have enormous strength without having to weigh 80 plus kgs. There's also a thing called technique of knowing how to break and make tackles
“…if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”

Bruce Lee

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Be the water my friend

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote: He's skinny but solid cored and doesn't get taken out of the contest. Harford style low centre of gravity I guess. I guess I'm the only one excited by him but I have watched him and thought he looked a player.
Don't worry I rate him too. A lot of people will NEVER be happy with the club. I for one am excited that a few in charge have the balls to actually do something out there which will upset a few ppl but might ultimately deliver the club success.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Shanka

I'm also with you gringo, he will be a very good player for us especially when we have some depth in our midfield

Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

Scollop wrote:
Jiminy Wagga wrote:Weight is overrated. Players can have enormous strength without having to weigh 80 plus kgs. There's also a thing called technique of knowing how to break and make tackles
“…if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”

Bruce Lee

Very apt since we will get Bruce and already have a lee

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Ive never seen him once in the VFL - but it strikes me as odd that the Hawks picked him 56 times if he was just average in the VFL.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Richter wrote:
Ive never seen him once in the VFL - but it strikes me as odd that the Hawks picked him 56 times if he was just average in the VFL.
36 games in the past 2 seasons… when the Hawks were the strongest team in the comp.

He might not be a star, but he must be doing something right.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote: 36 games in the past 2 seasons… when the Hawks were the strongest team in the comp.

He might not be a star, but he must be doing something right.
Agreed. Ive seen him play against us and maybe another 3 or 4 games _ so no, I haven't got a masters degree in Shane Savage - but he's 22 played 50+ games for arguably the best team in the past 2 years. If he is going to go up another level it will be in tne next year or 2. Worth a punt on paper.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Gracie
Club Player

[quote][/quote]I'll have to defer to your direct vision, but he was a standout in the VFL prelim when he was best on ground with 27 possessions and 5 goals.[quote][/quote]

Saw that game too...he's no pushover and want's to play at the top level

Gracie

Just beat it. No wants to be defeated
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So he's the new face of nzl, poor beau...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

For whats its worth I have a mate who is a die hard Hawks fan who rates him highly and said hes sad to see him go and he will be a gun for us.