David Myers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: David Myers

Con Gorozidis wrote:Starting to think dal to pies for pick 11 could be on instead.

Not a chance in the world of that happening.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
damienc
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:How do people feel about this guy?
I think we are still possibly chasing him.

I think you are on the money when you say we are chasing him. I would say chasing him pretty hard.

I also think Essendon will release him despite Myers being a contracted player and them saying they won't.

I don't think it will be a straight swap for Dal because as one other poster pointed out that would not be an equitable swap.

So I think it will probably be via free agency and be part of a much bigger deal that sees multiple movements and involve more clubs than St Kilda. Just my feeling.

Myers is a big bodied midfielder ( what we need in my view) and has a prodigious left foot kick. Can also play down back if needed.

I have seen him kick goals from the centre square that is how massive he punts the pill.

Reminds me a bit of how Bernie Quinlan could roost a ball. Some of the old timers on this site will remember him when he was playing for the scraggers. Beautiful kick of the footy.

So getting Myers would be good if we don't have to give up too much to achieve it.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Starting to think dal to pies for pick 11 could be on instead.

Not a chance in the world of that happening.
Agree… they are flushing out veterans not adding them.

At any rate, they would offer us pick 30-odd.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

dragit wrote:Farren Ray didn't set the world on fire in his early years, but his numbers are still better than Myers.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_p ... 1=O&fid2=O

No trading with Essendon, ever.
Wow, Farren Ray's effective disposal percentage per game is 82% - that's elite plus ! :shock:

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:How do people feel about this guy?
I think we are still possibly chasing him.
It comes down to what we would have to give up.

He's not a game-changer for us in the midfield, but having him on top of getting Savage gives us two guys that can take a bit of heat off of Steven and Joey.

He is 24 and has played 65 games so he's now heading into (what should be) the prime years of his career.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
dragit wrote:Farren Ray didn't set the world on fire in his early years, but his numbers are still better than Myers.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_p ... 1=O&fid2=O

No trading with Essendon, ever.
Wow, Farren Ray's effective disposal percentage per game is 82% - that's elite plus ! :shock:
I saw that - just tells me stats dont tell the full story!

Unless they count as 'effective' - running 30 metres in the clear and taking a bounce (after a hand ball receive from someone elses hard work) with a huge inside 50 opportunity and bombing the ball directly to two opposition players, refusing to lower his eyes and giving the opposition a massive rebound and ignoring his own teammates. countless times hes does this!
Effective for which team?

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Gees Pelchen and Bains are smart operators !

They have assessed the opposition lists perfectly and worked our trades to suit.

Essendon having lost their first two round draft picks will be like Adelaide desparate to trade back into the draft. This is why I firmly believe we will end up with MYERS for a late first round selection - which will be lower than Essendon want but they require the draft pick. Including the fact we have sought out Myers earlier and he knows he will get midfield opportunities at the Saints, hence he will be pushing it from his end. Will be very smart trading if it comes off ?

They knew the Hawks would be after a ready made ruckman when Bailey retired hence the McEvoy deal, which the squeezed every ounce out of it.

Another trade/draft period (2014) and they would have turned our list completely around ....

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
howlinwolf
Club Player

If Pelchen and Bains have worked out whether there are pending infraction notices they are even smarter than we think.

I can't see us dealing with them with that uncertainty hanging of the Bummers.
They know we are not in a position to be taking chances in the trade period.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11