Watters' position is now untenable

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jaxons
Club Player

Re: Watters' position is now untenable

mullet wrote:
howlinwolf wrote:Well we've heard every man and his dog's opinion on what is happening at the club. Some so called professionals.
So far Jaxon has been the one that's on the money so I'm happy hearing from him and tuning out to trash reports.
So ok Jaxon, tell us what you know. Stick it here for all to see.

I certainly won't be posting it on here for all to see.
This is not the place for details like this.
Let Cairnsman tell you what's going on, he clearly is a man in the know.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
jaxons wrote:The moment the players organised dwarfs at Mad Monday Watters position was untenable.
For those smart enough to realize who the dwarfs were representative of shows how the coach is viewed by the playing group.
We need to bite the bullet now and change things before 2014 becomes a waste of time.
Jaxons I thought that at the time !

I have sensed there was something seriously wrong with what was going on there for sometime and have been critical of Scott WATTERS and his abilities. I didn't have any inside information but one could sense things were NOT all great between the players and coach.

The guy simply doesn't command respect and the playing group are the first to pick up on that. I understand the club and board are in a difficult position, but I agree with your post to not do anything is 'like leaving a cancer a fester' it will eat away at the fabric of the football club which we can see is occurring!

* I would also greatly appreciate a PM with the details. *

Thanks again and keep up the good work !
maybe he needs platform shoes to get their respect.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:Well we've heard every man and his dog's opinion on what is happening at the club. Some so called professionals.
So far Jaxon has been the one that's on the money so I'm happy hearing from him and tuning out to trash reports.
The only money Jaxon has been on is the information he posted on the McEvoy trade the night before it was publicly announced by the club and reported in the media.

What would you say if Jaxon was motivated by resentment because somebody he knows at the club is disgruntled.

For all we know Jaxon could work in the factory where the HS is printed.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
mullet wrote:

But I was asking you, not Cairnsman. Please dont put me in the middle of your argument with him. You said you know what is going on and I want to know what is going on.
That is all.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
mullet wrote:

I'm glad that you are refusing to post details. Respect.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

McEvoy's own words have a different ring to the tenor of Caro's piece;

"... I respect the way both clubs went about it because they waited until they got to a point where they could agree before I was brought into it.
"I could have been dragged into it early on and been dragged through the mud for a week or so. I was able to make a very clean transition.
"There are cases where it’s not done as well but I certainly can’t complain how both clubs handled it."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... z2hqYNMCEQ

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

JB what you say is obvious and commonsense and of course correct.

But the media doesn't buy into that long term type viewpoint and will hammer our club if we are 3 wins two thirds of the way through the 2014 season.

The issue is if Summers can effectively control the media which is something our club has been very poor in doing.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:Loved Caroline's baited questions on aw last night. "We're you going to try to help rebuild the culture at stkilda"
"What is it like to go to a professional club?"
She was that desperate for Ben to bag the saints in some way it was almost comical .
her questions are so bare faced anti saints it's quite comical....rubbish journo...always has been ...always will be...can't stand the sight..or sound..oh her....she actually can make me sick up at times..... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
jimmy_slats
Club Player

Speculative crap if you know something good for you stop posting teasers to insight fans sick of this s***.
If the club says he is the coach he is the coach leave it at that.
They know whats best thats their job let them do it and stop saying i know a bloke who knows a bloke who said this s*** and that s*** about this bloke and that bloke its nothing but wankers doing the old look at me i know someone..... All this dose is give caro the f wit a story to s*** out and brings down the club..

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:The moment the players organised dwarfs at Mad Monday Watters position was untenable.
For those smart enough to realize who the dwarfs were representative of shows how the coach is viewed by the playing group.
We need to bite the bullet now and change things before 2014 becomes a waste of time.
Frightening if so
Sad also cause it screams "senior guys pissed off with coach so let's mock him"..... Which ain't good when you are trying to win respect of the next tier....

Broom time.

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

There are some problems at the club. That much is obvious. There are issues with Watters, Pelchen and some Players. Fair enough, it is what it is. Let those in charge sort it out.

No doubt some people, including some on this forum, know a little more than some others. Some may think they know more than others based on the fact that they know other people who either know more than others or at least say they know more than others.

For the record I know nothing.

But what I find most bizarre is that some “supporters”, both on here and in particular on Twitter, almost willing the club to implode in order to say “I told you so”.

It’s actually quite sad :(

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Frightening if so
Sad also cause it screams "senior guys pissed off with coach so let's mock him"..... Which ain't good when you are trying to win respect of the next tier....

Broom time.
Totally agree
I thought I read at the time, some senior players weren't happy with the entertainment?

If they despise SW so much, why would Lenny sign up for another year?
That's the bit that doesn't sit well with me, surely he would just retire, why would he need it, he can't be one of the antagonists...

St.Roly
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Frightening if so

Broom time.
If the intention of whomever "organised dwarfs" at Mad Monday was to publicly insult or humiliate the senior coach of StKFC then, IMO, it is that player or players that should be looking elsewhere for gainful employment. It would take an extraordinary provocation to remotely justify that type of conduct.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St.Roly wrote: If the intention of whomever "organised dwarfs" at Mad Monday was to publicly insult or humiliate the senior coach of StKFC then, IMO, it is that player or players that should be looking elsewhere for gainful employment. It would take an extraordinary provocation to remotely justify that type of conduct.
So were CJ's actions in igniting said Dwarf an indication that he was greatly offended by this attempt to ridicule the coach? That he was standing up for Watters by lighting up the little fella?

Maybe that is why he was given a new contract? :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:There are some problems at the club. That much is obvious. There are issues with Watters, Pelchen and some Players. Fair enough, it is what it is. Let those in charge sort it out.

No doubt some people, including some on this forum, know a little more than some others. Some may think they know more than others based on the fact that they know other people who either know more than others or at least say they know more than others.

But what I find most bizarre is that some “supporters”, both on here and in particular on Twitter, almost willing the club to implode in order to say “I told you so”.

i agree.....i wouldn't post anything harmful to the club...i might post that i disagree with decisions...like the big boy one...but i would not deliberately set out to harm or do damage to my club.......finey must have other ideas...as do a couple on here...

won't be long before the scum press ..who hang around here for some of their scoops...will be running the dwarf story as linked to the coach, as fact....... :cry:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St.Roly wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Frightening if so

Broom time.
If the intention of whomever "organised dwarfs" at Mad Monday was to publicly insult or humiliate the senior coach of StKFC then, IMO, it is that player or players that should be looking elsewhere for gainful employment. It would take an extraordinary provocation to remotely justify that type of conduct.
joey was the organiser...

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

It's time for the new President and Board, to sort things out - from the top- down. People need to be pulled into line and some let go if necessary, especially those that don't want to "buy-in." If not, things will get worse..... and it needs to be sorted out quickly. People can/must change, as we can't afford the next 12 months to be one of more instability.

It's not looking good ..... again! Some good, professional management is what we need.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:There are some problems at the club. That much is obvious. There are issues with Watters, Pelchen and some Players. Fair enough, it is what it is. Let those in charge sort it out.

i agree.....i wouldn't post anything harmful to the club...i might post that i disagree with decisions...like the big boy one...but i would not deliberately set out to harm or do damage to my club.......finey must have other ideas...as do a couple on here...

I bet Caro and Finey will report what has been said on here as a reliable source for tomorrows stories

won't be long before the scum press ..who hang around here for some of their scoops...will be running the dwarf story as linked to the coach, as fact....... :cry:

I love this club
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:It's time for the new President and Board, to sort things out - from the top- down. People need to be pulled into line and some let go if necessary, especially those that don't want to "buy-in." If not, things will get worse..... and it needs to be sorted out quickly. People can/must change, as we can't afford the next 12 months to be one of more instability.

It's not looking good ..... again! Some good, professional management is what we need.
according to the president, that is exactly what is going to happen....

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sorry but this dwarf-Watters story doesn't stack up... As a "we hate the coach gag"

Montagna one of the supposed untouchables... CJ given a new contract as a 30 year old fringe mid.

At any rate, Watters might joke himself about bring short-statured, it is a footy club after all.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

Twitter is the worst brian speaking also bragged about getting emails from caro asking about anything to report about rumblings at the club makes me sick they way ppl dont stand behind this club when the going gets tough

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Sorry but this dwarf-Watters story doesn't stack up... As a "we hate the coach gag"

Montagna one of the supposed untouchables... CJ given a new contract as a 30 year old fringe mid.

At any rate, Watters might joke himself about bring short-statured, it is a footy club after all.
ABSOUFUCKINGLUTELY!

It would have been so easy to concoct that story by Jaxons and put it out there as fact, especially if you had an agenda. As Dr Spaceman said, for some reason there are people giving the appearance that they want the club to implode.

I mean for crying out loud, I just can't understand why anyone that is emotionally attached to the club would want anything but another coach sacked or for there to be trouble within the club. It serves no purpose for SW to be sacked before his contract is up. What a bloody stupid thing to do if he has just been given a green light.

It's like fingering your own bum really.
Last edited by Cairnsman on Wed 16 Oct 2013 2:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Keep the info coming Jaxons after all we are all here to discuss theories and possible truths about our beloved football club!

PADDLEPOP1000
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Sorry but this dwarf-Watters story doesn't stack up... As a "we hate the coach gag"

I like logic.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dont know how much experience some of you people have had around sporting organisations, but it is not uncommon for the coach to be mocked in many forms.

Pagan was despised by his players at North, and was known by all and sundry as the Posion Dwarf by the players.

One told me he hated the guys guts and he was a cantankerous pr!ck.

Remind me how North went under that regime?

Dont have to like the coach, you can even hate the coach, but you have to buy into the team and club ethos.

If that ethos has changed due to the review, if the coach changes to fit that ethos and direction, and you are a player that wont change and continue to harbour ill willlike the old days (ie the past two seasons), well you as the player need to move on.

If Watters cant change he needs to move on.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)