Another Carro Article!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Another Carro Article!

The Linton Street Flash wrote:
suss wrote:'The coach's post-incident spray was poorly received.'

What part of 'don't set little people on fire' could be poorly received?
I think it was a bit more than that - what motivated them to hire 2 DWARVES in the first place?

Could it be that the dwarves were only there because the players were trying to take the piss out of someone in particular and that someone got their nose a little out of joint?

I wonder who that person could have been?

hmmmm???
Gotta love the numbskull formites that actually think SW is a highly sensitive and an extremely fragile sooky la la

The d**khead players actually set a person on fire not to mention themselves on fire - what bit of that dont you get as to be totally stupid and absolutely wrong in terms of humanoid maturity and portraying the club in a positive light.

The players were roasted (pardon the pun) and rightly so - bunch of immature sh1t4brains who should have known better

They are probably lucky that they weren't addressed by a supporter group because it is highly probable that they would have had their heads ripped off.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

gossip columnist.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

She has a real hard on for St Kilda doesn't she?

Does she even write about anyone else?

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Another "nothing article" Littered with opinion, innuendo and claims that have not been substantiated. It's the off season, she's just come back from Holidays, not much doing, revenue is down.

Saints are to media outlets in the off-season what Collingwood are during the season proper - revenue generating!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I like how she slipped this one in....

"Further underlining the communication issue is the fact that Terry Dillon's commercial team is planning a wholesale migration back to Moorabbin"

She is a pot stirrer isn't she.
Last edited by Cairnsman on Thu 17 Oct 2013 8:18am, edited 2 times in total.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

lets recap on other clubs situation.... west coast sacked there coach after a horrible season and have lost kerr to early retirement, brisbane lost there coach to poor year now losing all there young brigade and one of there best players attacks a man in a wheel chair, sydney fire sale to make room for a 9!! yes 9 year deal for buddy and there extra cap , collingwood admit that there players have a bad attatude and pretty much kick 2 of the favourite sons out the door plus a less than impressive season followed by a even worse finals series..... i could go on but you get the point.
with all this how come we have to cop all this s*** ( 2 FKN ARTICLES IN 1 DAY!!!!) on innuendo and fact less crap ( not saying that it might not be true but she is just going on what she has heard from someone 'in the know') i pray for the day that she is made accountable for her vendettas if i see her on the street i will spit on her...

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
stinger
Saintsational Legend

"... Watters' message to the players regarding post-season behaviour became something of a mockery when Leigh Montagna hired two dwarf entertainers, one of whom was set alight."

wtf does that mean.......??? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .....she been reading this site?????...told you that would happen....
Last edited by stinger on Thu 17 Oct 2013 8:31am, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Another "nothing article" Littered with opinion, innuendo and claims that have not been substantiated. It's the off season, she's just come back from Holidays, not much doing, revenue is down.

Saints are to media outlets in the off-season what Collingwood are during the season proper - revenue generating!
spot on mate...spot on.....i would tell you all what i really think of that woman...but it would get me banned...... :twisted:

mullet
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:lets recap on other clubs situation.... west coast sacked there coach after a horrible season and have lost kerr to early retirement, brisbane lost there coach to poor year now losing all there young brigade and one of there best players attacks a man in a wheel chair, sydney fire sale to make room for a 9!! yes 9 year deal for buddy and there extra cap , collingwood admit that there players have a bad attatude and pretty much kick 2 of the favourite sons out the door plus a less than impressive season followed by a even worse finals series..... i could go on but you get the point.
with all this how come we have to cop all this s*** ( 2 FKN ARTICLES IN 1 DAY!!!!) on innuendo and fact less crap ( not saying that it might not be true but she is just going on what she has heard from someone 'in the know') i pray for the day that she is made accountable for her vendettas if i see her on the street i will spit on her...
You missed out one brisbane player having a go at another brisbane player for nominating that he wanted to go to port. Something along the lines of only playing a handful of games and not getting ahead of themselves.
There is a story at Brisbane, Leigh Matthews wants to get on the board and is being blocked.Why would you block a former premiership coach of the club. As I have said for 3 days
now. Stkilda negativity sells papers. How the hell can our "trouble" push the Essendon doping scandal off the front pages. How quickly they choose to forget the biggest story of all time. Bring on the infraction notices, will be the only thing to get us out of the papers.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:She has a real hard on for St Kilda doesn't she?

Does she even write about anyone else?

BANG BANG
Spent months on Essendon's back

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

This article has been coming for a long time. The only reason we haven't been in the gun up until this point (this year) is that the peptides saga occurred and Melbourne have been a rabble.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

I thought the article actually pinpoints a few valid issues!

PADDLEPOP1000
markp
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:This article has been coming for a long time. The only reason we haven't been in the gun up until this point (this year) is that the peptides saga occurred and Melbourne have been a rabble.
True that.

I think the whole Milne thing slipped relatively under the radar for the same reason.

And soon enough the 'peptide saga' will take over again.

At least this is likely the least harmful time of year for dirty laundry to be aired... and it seems many of the issues have already been or are being addressed.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:This article has been coming for a long time. The only reason we haven't been in the gun up until this point (this year) is that the peptides saga occurred and Melbourne have been a rabble.
...and the witch has been on holidays....

mullet
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
True that.

I think the whole Milne thing slipped relatively under the radar for the same reason.

At least this is likely the least harmful time of year for dirty laundry to be aired... and it seems many of the issues have already been or are being addressed.
I think they dont touch the milne saga because it is now before the courts and they have to be more careful with what they report.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:I thought the article actually pinpoints a few valid issues!
thats like someone saying sorry before they chop off your leg.....

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
markp
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
markp wrote:
True that.

I think they dont touch the milne saga because it is now before the courts and they have to be more careful with what they report.
Was thinking more around the debate of him playing or not... it could've been a helluva lot more messy.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I didn't see anything wrong with the article....

I'm the first to defend the club against unsubstantiated media beat ups but there's obviously been issues at Seaford that the key people are working through.

One thing that is an undoubted positive is how impressive the new President is.... despite his ill fitting suit, he looks & sounds like a great operator.

Lets hope he can convince fellow board member Ian McLeod to get Coles on board as a major sponsor!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

A couple of things...

- Have any of Malthouse's assistants been able to connect with senior players once they've scored their own top job? Buckley has had to clear the joint out. Neeld clearly couldn't work with his senior guys.

- I'd prefer that McEvoy not know he is 'trade bait'. Not great for morale to be told you're being shopped around. Better to think you're a required player until the deal is done in my opinion.

- I think Lyon clashed with Pelchen too. I still believe this to be the reason behind his departure. Being told to report to some guy who has never coached would be a bitter pill to swallow for any coach.

- I'm not sure what more 'casualties' there will be. For mine, the dysfunction seems to lay at the feet of the CEO. He sits at the top, and if the coach is bypassing his boss to go to the board, then the CEO needs to sort that s*** out. With Nettlefold gone, the Pres outlining the direction clearly, and everyone getting 'on board' then I think we're on track.

All in all, I think all footy clubs are dysfunctional and run by people with no clue. The ones that win games, are the ones that are seen to be doing it right. As soon as their good players get old and they start losing, hey presto! Off-field issues appear and they're a rabble. My opinion is that they were always a rabble and dysfunctional but no one cared or even bothered to look because they were winning.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:I didn't see anything wrong with the article....

I'm the first to defend the club against unsubstantiated media beat ups but there's obviously been issues at Seaford that the key people are working through.

At least the article goes a bit deeper as to the actual issues we've heard whispers about. All these wimp journos who won't give any detail s*** me.

Aside from that though, one thing that bothers me with Wilson and other journos like her, is that they report on a club's issues like it's some sort of shocking revelation that a football club has issues!

It's been happening for 150 years! And it happens to all clubs! All of the time!

Sure, report on it. But really, it's not exactly ground breaking or earth shattering stuff!

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

That's her job!

PADDLEPOP1000
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

It is. Which is really why I don't get so worked up about this type of thing like everyone else does.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Caro? YAWN zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Another "nothing article" Littered with opinion, innuendo and claims that have not been substantiated. It's the off season, she's just come back from Holidays, not much doing, revenue is down.

Exactly .
As the age's chief football journo , I wonder how many article's she is required to write each week ?
She probably wrote the 2 at the same time , and may have only taken her 10 minutes to write !
She is one of those talented writer's who have the ability to take 1 or 2 piece's of information and churn out a 1000 word article .

In red white and black from 73
stinger
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:That's her job!
like to see her write a story about why martin is in balli and not in rio with his teammates....now that might be more interesting than the crap she is currently peddling....