Dal's now gone :(

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

luc1966
Club Player

Re: Dal's now gone :(

Imagine if it was only a one yr deal and we matched them saving 200k on his contract

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

happy feet wrote:Not happy at all about this. Poor decision. Going to be a bleak next few years.

Ok - so what do you propose we do to rebuild our list then ??

It's all well and good for people to bitch and moan about the decision, but I am yet to hear one valid alternative suggestion of how we can proactively fast-track the re-build of our list........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

True Believer wrote:Ok - so what do you propose we do to rebuild our list then ??
Keep Dal; find good players with the picks we've got.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:People were harsh on BJ

Similar situation for mine.

That's not laying boots into dal, that's just saying boots into BJ were excessive

Nothing like it but the one thing we know with Sainter K is you wont change your mind.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

When is our next flag ?
Who will play in in it ?

Thats all i care about.

You guys can have your own man to man relationships with players.
You should be up front and frank with your wives or partners though.

georgie girl
Club Player

chook23 wrote:Part of footy has died since free agency

prob just me but the modern world of footy is eating away at my passion for the afl

also appears to me we are doing tanking off season style.......afl condoning it

TB would roll in his grave

to much tradition in me.................that is why you stick to one team as a supporter

I feel exactly the same. Just feeling a bit sad at the moment that the Saints I have loved and hurt with will be so different next year!
Listening to an Andrew Bogut interview, how basketball in America is not like AFL (where you stay with one club), it's a business. How sad we are now also headed down that path!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

georgie girl wrote:
chook23 wrote:Part of footy has died since free agency

prob just me but the modern world of footy is eating away at my passion for the afl

also appears to me we are doing tanking off season style.......afl condoning it

TB would roll in his grave

to much tradition in me.................that is why you stick to one team as a supporter

I feel exactly the same. Just feeling a bit sad at the moment that the Saints I have loved and hurt with will be so different next year!
Listening to an Andrew Bogut interview, how basketball in America is not like AFL (where you stay with one club), it's a business. How sad we are now also headed down that path!

Ive said this few times in the last few days but are we really headed down that path. One of our players left and so did one last year but over the 2 FA periods bugger all have left. We notice it more because 2 of them have been our players. We could have easily kept Dal had we wanted to keep him so even though he left under FA or would have been a trade if that deal was better to us. If you look over the years I doubt more players are leaving clubs than ever before. Certainly in the 70 and 80's more players left as you could go during the year. One example I used yesterday was one of the great VFL players by the end of his career, Russell Greene, was listed to play with us on Saturday but on the Friday night he was traded to the Hawks for 2 guys, Scott and King who ended playing for us on the Saturday and werent even in the record. No one knew who the hell number 19, I think, was. Surely that is worse than now. Others I can think of are Paul Morwood and Silvio Foschini and even Doug Cox may have been similar.

Clubs losing players hasnt changed, its now a different way you lose players. In one or two years time when we use FA we may even get to like it especially when we get a good player and the other club gets nothing in return. We will be laughing at them when we look back and say we got Hickey and think and one or two others for Dal and BJ.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

That's not laying boots into dal, that's just saying boots into BJ were excessive
Similar situation? Why?

IMO BJ engineered going, whereas with Dal the club engineered him going.

BJ chose to leave, Dal was pushed.

As the club have been rebuilding since Pelchen arrived they did not try and stop BJ. With Dal they suggested and facilitated him going.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Nothing like it but the one thing we know with Sainter K is you wont change your mind.
Pot? this is Kettle.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Pot? this is Kettle.

What are you on about? The one thing I can do is change my mind. I think its something fairly foreign to you.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

Similar situation? Why?

IMO BJ engineered going, whereas with Dal the club engineered him going.

BJ chose to leave, Dal was pushed.

As the club have been rebuilding since Pelchen arrived they did not try and stop BJ. With Dal they suggested and facilitated him going.
I think the difference was BJ was attracting a lot of attention early in the 2011 season when emotions were still running very high after the GF losses. Comments made by BJ after the GF2 loss were interpreted as defeatist and those comments appeared to transcended into performances during the 2011/2012 season that were well below what supporters had come to expect. His eventual departure was always going to be emotional. Whilst Dals departure will be harder for some supporters than others you get the feeling we are almost at the end of the 5 stages of grieving.

St Igmata
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Bye Dal...hello the New Saints.

Hello

I'm sure that's the graphic I used on BF for the cheating wogs :)

PS can't see us getting a spoon.
would be unusual in the clubs history to win one you think?
Why would you be callin g people "wog" in this day and age?
Next you will be calling people "poofs" abos" "spastics"
You are certainly a throw back kind of guy. :shock: Says quite alot a bout your mind me thinks.

matrix
Saintsational Legend