Trade Period Success

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jaxons
Club Player

Trade Period Success

You have to see that we have started a very strategic process to get the Saints back up the ladder again, and if you look at the trade period it has to be viewed as a success.
We have added a ruckman in Longer who with Hickey will be our ruckman for the next 10 years.
We will add 2 key backman in Bruce and Delaney who will be around for the next 6-10 years, Bruce for 10, Delaney for at least 6.
We will add 4 midfielders to the list in Savage and picks 3, 18 and 19.
We have given up a slow one dimensional ruckman and a midfielder who will be 30 before 2014 starts.
Pretty sensational performance by all involved.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Trade Period Success

What are we giving up for Longer Jaxons? Lions surely won't accept 25

jaxons
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:What are we giving up for Longer Jaxons? Lions surely won't accept 25
25 or PSD, they can take it or leave it!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:You have to see that we have started a very strategic process to get the Saints back up the ladder again, and if you look at the trade period it has to be viewed as a success.
We have added a ruckman in Longer who with Hickey will be our ruckman for the next 10 years.
We will add 2 key backman in Bruce and Delaney who will be around for the next 6-10 years, Bruce for 10, Delaney for at least 6.
We have given up a slow one dimensional ruckman and a midfielder who will be 30 before 2014 starts.
Hasn't happened yet but if it gets done then I'll agree with you.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

In percentage terms, how confident are you that Longer will be at the Saints next year?

I'm not that keen on him to be honest

jaxons
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
jaxons wrote:You have to see that we have started a very strategic process to get the Saints back up the ladder again, and if you look at the trade period it has to be viewed as a success.
Hasn't happened yet but if it gets done then I'll agree with you.

It has all happened magnifisaint, Longer is a Saint one way or another, Delaney is done for pick 77, and Bruce is 100% guaranteed.
Only thing left is to see who we are left with at picks 3, 18, and 19.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

With all due respect. Longer, Delaney and Bruce are not at the club yet. Only Savage. Let's discuss it this time next week.

8856brother wrote:With all due respect. Longer, Delaney and Bruce are not at the club yet. Only Savage. Let's discuss it this time next week.

I think it is pretty obvious they all will be there. Delanhey is done because that would have been part of the Dal deal and Longer will come for pick 25 and we will get Bruce one way or another.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Top work jaxons, appreciate your insight mate. Who do you see us targeting in the draft with those three picks mentioned?

Munga
Saintsational Legend

What's the attraction or preference of trading a player for pick 25 instead of for nothing in the PSD? I just don't get it. Pick 25 could still be a good player.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
8856brother wrote:With all due respect. Longer, Delaney and Bruce are not at the club yet. Only Savage. Let's discuss it this time next week.

I think it is pretty obvious they all will be there. Delanhey is done because that would have been part of the Dal deal and Longer will come for pick 25 and we will get Bruce one way or another.
One way or another? Thanks for the clarification.

Saintsational Legend

Totally agree.

I believe all deals are rock solid.

Small chance that Lions will try to extract more if they can get another club to bid.

Either way we will end up as jaxons outlined.

Makes us structurally strong.

More chance of getting first hands out of the middle.

The leaking of goals due to being out muscled and out reached in the backline ... fixed.

4 quality midfielders come in.

Cherry ripe by 2016-7.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

One way or another? Thanks for the clarification.
That is the official way of getting players now.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Terrific work Jaxons .
Im thrilled with 3 inside 20 picks.

Im very happy about Savage. I think he will be very good for us.

Im happy with Longer for 25 but I remain confused about Stanley's role.
He should play permanent FP this season but i have serious doubts he will ever make it as a fwd.

As much as I love your bullishness I will be happy if 1 out of Bruce and Delaney works out well.
It would be remarkable if they both did.

The real action is the draft . If we get 2 from 3 right we have done very well.

jaxons
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Top work jaxons, appreciate your insight mate. Who do you see us targeting in the draft with those three picks mentioned?
Either Kelly or Billings will be a Saint guaranteed.
Let's not speculate on the rest as depends on other clubs but we are confident we will have 2 very good players.

Schillaci
Club Player

Then we have done very well. Go Saints!!!
Last edited by Schillaci on Sun 20 Oct 2013 3:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:What's the attraction or preference of trading a player for pick 25 instead of for nothing in the PSD? I just don't get it. Pick 25 could still be a good player.
There's some risk associated with the PSD with GWS and Melb having picks before us, not too mention you would like to keep trade relationships strong between clubs. I reckon we are only looking at 3 picks in any case with Tommy Curren to be upgraded as well.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Top work jaxons, appreciate your insight mate. Who do you see us targeting in the draft with those three picks mentioned?
Let's not speculate on the rest as depends on other clubs but we are confident we will have 2 very good players.
I guess GWS having pick 2 has mixed things ups a bit, I assume they've targeted a specific player with selection 2, hence why they've gone after it, successfully. I like both those selections. It would seem Aish will be the slider, which is unfortunate IMO. I like him a lot and believe a club will get a bargain selecting him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
jaxons wrote:
I guess GWS having pick 2 has mixed things ups a bit, I assume they've targeted a specific player with selection 2, hence why they've gone after it, successfully. I like both those selections. It would seem Aish will be the slider, which is unfortunate IMO. I like him a lot and believe a club will get a bargain selecting him.

Im with you on Aish. I have seen kelly play a fair few times and he is at the moment a genuine outside mid. Doesnt mean he is scared its just how he plays. Billings seems like a very good player but again isnt really a mid more a small forward. Hopefully it doesnt matter who we get out of those players. We just need that player to be a very good player in 3 or 4 years time when we should be heading up the ladder again.

jaxons
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Aish is good but always be wary of the go gone factor and he has strong family ties in SA!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

This cant be right.

I have been told over and over that there is no strategy, and we are in disarray.

I have been told than no out of contract player would chose the Saints as preferred club over the likes of Essendon etc.

I have been told that other clubs are laughing at our trading this year.

I have been told that supporters of other clubs like Hawthorn and North are laughing their heads off and that we are a rabble.

I have been told that the club is in deep s.hit and that there was no need fora review.

I have been called an apologist, because I didn't believe the rumours about mass exodus of players, Roo leaving, Joey leaving, Watters being sacked ect ect.

Now people are telling me we have gone OK?

Surely not??????????

Surely the sad sack kool aid drinkers were correct, its the end of the Saints?

Surely?????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Schillaci
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:This cant be right.

I have been told over and over that there is no strategy, and we are in disarray.

I have been told than no out of contract player would chose the Saints as preferred club over the likes of Essendon etc.

I have been told that supporters of other clubs like Hawthorn and North are laughing their heads off and that we are a rabble.

I have been told that the club is in deep s.hit and that there was no need fora review.

I have been called an apologist, because I didn't believe the rumours about mass exodus of players, Roo leaving, Joey leaving, Watters being sacked ect ect.

Surely not??????????

Surely?????
Nice to feel that inner, warm, positive glow that brings a smile to your face as your mind says "Up yours" to the naysayers.

suss
Club Player

I agree - it's been a huge success if it all comes to fruition.

It'll be amazing if the Dal compo gives us Longer given its genesis. BBBH - the gift that keeps on giving.

jaxons
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:This cant be right.

Surely not??????????

Surely?????

No-one is laughing at our trading Joffaboy.
Melbourne on the other hand was met with some raised eyebrows over the Tyson deal!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

well the naysayers will have plenty to say next year when we are getting belted, they cant help themselves.

But this trade period has been as good as we could get so far.

We will have a period of pain next season, but 2014 trading and drafting will be ours once again, and will build on the current one.

I am also really looking forward to Markworth next season, a virtual new recruit, and also the likes of Murdoch, Webster, Curran, Wright, Saunders and Newnes flourishing.

We will have a young team, but one well on the way to transition.

FQF - GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)