Why do all these dudes suddenly want to come to the Saints?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kickit
Club Player

Re: Why do all these dudes suddenly want to come to the Sain

The stuff about Senior players is absolute baloney.
DalSanto , while willing is clearly emotional about it.
Fisher refused to go to GWS ( probably for more money ).
Joey is an incredible spokesman for the Saints.
Riewoldt , is Riewoldt '

Does it all boil down to Tom Ledger being disgruntled in some way?

Ladder Position - Deeeeerp Blame the recruiting 2004 to 2011
Finances, aren't the worst, the goal of the organisation is not profit.
Membership, yep , I'm having trouble convincing the wife, she didn't enjoy last season.
Stability. Yes , lets avoid overturning the board and sacking the coach.

Personally I think 2013 was an anomaly, the strongest part of our team, the backline, lacked a key position player, meaning that the rest had to hit above their weight, and was plagued by injury. Fisher, Gwilt, Gilbert, Simpkin all suffered injury.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:There's a search function

Truth is... Never ever posted those comments

I did post something to that effect but not as sensational, so it doesn't help the character assassination as much...

We are in a precarious position..... And why is that a difficult thing to understand

BigMart wrote:

Here's a prediction

We will be a basket case for two seasons... On and off field.... Due to continued mis management

If we are not lucky enough to recover quickly.... We will not see 2017 as a club in the AFL

Melbourne survived... Their name and history (and Stynes) saved them.... Do we have 10 premierships, carry the name of the city and have Rich board members willing to give and a Jim Stynes to get behind?!

So really BigMart, your actual comment was in fact more sensational than the reference I made to it!

By the way, I'm not intending to attack you. I have no issue with you as a poster at all, and never have.

But I do think you're going a bit hard on the club and focusing on negatives.

Clearly, we're not flying. But in my opinion, we're not going to be lucky to exist in 2 years either.

We are victims more of the AFL business model, than mismanagement. We are victims of it, and are beneficiaries of it also.

So really, I see what is happening now as an absolutely normal cycle for a club that isn't in the AFL's 'big club' model. And I also don't see any reason why we won't see the other side of the cycle in the next 4-5 years either.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:

I did post something to that effect but not as sensational, so it doesn't help the character assassination as much...

We are in a precarious position..... And why is that a difficult thing to understand

BigMart wrote:

Here's a prediction

We will be a basket case for two seasons... On and off field.... Due to continued mis management

If we are not lucky enough to recover quickly.... We will not see 2017 as a club in the AFL

Melbourne survived... Their name and history (and Stynes) saved them.... Do we have 10 premierships, carry the name of the city and have Rich board members willing to give and a Jim Stynes to get behind?!

So really BigMart, your actual comment was in fact more sensational than the reference I made to it!

By the way, I'm not intending to attack you. I have no issue with you as a poster at all, and never have.

But I do think you're going a bit hard on the club and focusing on negatives.

Clearly, we're not flying. But in my opinion, we're not going to be lucky to exist in 2 years either.

We are victims more of the AFL business model, than mismanagement. We are victims of it, and are beneficiaries of it also.

So really, I see what is happening now as an absolutely normal cycle for a club that isn't in the AFL's 'big club' model. And I also don't see any reason why we won't see the other side of the cycle in the next 4-5 years either.
Quality haunting.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Need a quote on on where I said we will fold by 2017..., so I know it is fabricated sensational comments to help attack credibility to help an argument?
It's the BigMartyr complex kicking in again I guess…
BigMart wrote:Here's a prediction

If history is any indication, you will now disappear completely from this thread.

Embarrassing.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

?

There's also a quote function which you still haven't been able to get a grip on yet.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: Joffa who would read that rant?
Not a rant but a response. Because it doesn't align with your PoV you jsut dismiss it?

lol
BigMart wrote:Those dramatic long quotes are something I gloss over and ignore if they are just attacking someone's POV because it doesn't fit their beliefs....
Nothing dramitic, just addressing the polemic ans sophistry of your arguments. You need to deconstruct such waffle and go through it point by point.
BigMart wrote: You will never convince me to think how you think I should...
Well it is patently obvious you dont listen to alternative PoV's even when fact based. It is not my responsibility to educate you on evaluation of fact based argument. If you wish to be deluded and stay ignorant, that is your choice. But dont think you will be lauded because of it.
BigMart wrote: I have never been bullied into going along with what people want...
Now this is getting a bit sad. I am challenging your factless based assumptions about the club that you post as irruftable fact. You call someone with the temerity to challenge your poorly constructed views as a bully. lol. Victim mentality is a pretty purile defence.
BigMart wrote: I couldn't care less what you, or any others think of my opinions, you obviously do care because it doesn't conform
I am no sheep
I dont care about your views either, I do care about the facts though. As I said previously a person who is so rigid and inflexible in their views really has a bit of a problem. Really you are presented with fact based argument and you start playing the victim and carrying on about not being a sheep.

A person, when presented with the facts, but metaphorically puts their fingers in their ears, shuts their eyes and shouts LALALALALALALALALALALALA to block anything audible, may not be a sheep, but is certainly in need of some perspective and a good dose of humility.

But as other have said, now you have been shown that you said the club would fold by 2017, you will disappear from the thread and not respond - ho hum, oh well.

As I said not my responsibility to educate someone incapable of being educated, but when untruths are posted as fact, I, and it seems many others on here will challenge the untruths.

You dont seem to like that.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:I grew up on the Peninsula and I still spend as much time there as I can and so speaking from personal experience I couldn't understand why you wouldn't want to joint the Saints and live on the coast of one of the most beautiful bays in the world.

Could be that the new brigade are being incited by a stunning bay life by Seaford. I'm thinking about starting up a coffee shop there.
"One of the most beautiful bays in the world"?? ummmm, have you ever traveled to anywhere outside of Australia? Okay Port Phillip is OK, but is it one of the most beautiful bays in the world? I dont think so...
I'd be interested he hear which bays top your charts?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
dragit wrote:Pretty sure Cairnmans coffee's come with bundy 8-)
Dragit I assure you that I will not be serving Bundy at Cafe Santo. However if it is rum you are after we can offer Havana Club Anejo 7 Anos.

You can't really be from Cairns then, you might as well be drinking Mount Gay with a little umbrella and a strawberry in it up there. If you were from Cairns you would down a 700ml bottle of bundy for breakfast and take off through croc infested waters in your tinny trying to remember where you worked.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

?

There's also a quote function which you still haven't been able to get a grip on yet.

lol...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
gringo wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

You can't really be from Cairns then, you might as well be drinking Mount Gay with a little umbrella and a strawberry in it up there. If you were from Cairns you would down a 700ml bottle of bundy for breakfast and take off through croc infested waters in your tinny trying to remember where you worked.
:D

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You're the one arguing the club is in great shape Joffa

And prattling on about a fact based argument

Financially a struggling, membership diving, went down 7 positions in 2011 and a further 7 in 2013

Coach, football manager in conflict and involved in a power struggle

Lost 3 from the leadership group to other clubs in 2 years

Again
We are not travelling well ATM if you argue otherwise... Which you do... Your deluded

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Sorry I must have missed it, are we folding by 2017 or not?
... hope there's no 4 year deals being dealt....

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Sorry I must have missed it, are we folding by 2017 or not?
... hope there's no 4 year deals being dealt....
We are all sheep...well nearly all.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Weak minds are easily influenced....

ChelseaGuy
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
gringo wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Dragit I assure you that I will not be serving Bundy at Cafe Santo. However if it is rum you are after we can offer Havana Club Anejo 7 Anos.

Nice croc...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Weak minds are easily influenced....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

Has he came back to that thread or as you suggested left it alone?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:You're the one arguing the club is in great shape Joffa

And prattling on about a fact based argument

Financially a struggling, membership diving, went down 7 positions in 2011 and a further 7 in 2013

Coach, football manager in conflict and involved in a power struggle

Lost 3 from the leadership group to other clubs in 2 years

Again
We are not travelling well ATM if you argue otherwise... Which you do... Your deluded

Yes prattling on about those pesky facts. lol

And please show me where I said the club was travelling well Financially.

What I said was I will reserve my judgement until I have the fact which will come from the Financial statements I will receieve from the club.

Maybe you dont have the nous to intrepret financial statements, again, no my role to educate you. Seems those pesky facts that you are free of when you start your polemics are all a bit tough for you.

Oh well - I'll wait for your wonderful fact filled prediction of the club folding by 2017.

Yes, you keep believing you are the only one with all the knowledge and we are all sheep.

Oh and a weak mind is one that will not consider facts before spouting an ill informed and ignorant opinion.

cheers :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Agree entirely with this..... :D

Lance or James??

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

Certainly hasn't revisited the 2017 prediction/character assassination claim.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

I thought it was in this thread?
If you can't stand by what you say, or fall on your sword, then don't say it.
Something about courage to have your own opinion....with that comes responsibility...

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:The answer to 9 out of 10 questions in life is money.
I thought it was "...yes dear..."

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

And, the intransigent minded wallow in self delusion, founder under waves of hubris and flounder on their own insecurity.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend