National Draft

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

National Draft

Pick 3 - Classiest midfielder available. From my limited knowledge, I can't split Billings, Kelly & Aish. Scharenberg might be a chance too. Billings might have that X factor about him, that Steve Johnson type who starts as a high HFF and moves into the midfield.

Picks 18 & 19 - Best 2 inside midfielders available. Hopefully we are able to select two of Dunstan, Dumont, Acres or Salem...I was initially hoping for Freeman to slide, but that doesn't look likely any longer.

Then obviously upgrade Curren, and possibly Minch depending on de-listings.

Is that the most likely way of our draft unfolding?

The Saints are coming!
boneless23
Club Player

Re: National Draft

Agree with you 100% on this.

If it could go:

Pick 3- Billings

Pick 18 and 19- Two of Crouch, Dumont, Sheed and Dunstan then I will be very happy. I would love Lennon to slide but that probably wont happen.

This midfield heavy draft has come at the perfect time for us and we have the opporunity to build an imposing group of mids within 2 years!

kp83
Club Player

boneless23 wrote:Agree with you 100% on this.

If it could go:

Pick 3- Billings

Pick 18 and 19- Two of Crouch, Dumont, Sheed and Dunstan then I will be very happy. I would love Lennon to slide but that probably wont happen.

This midfield heavy draft has come at the perfect time for us and we have the opporunity to build an imposing group of mids within 2 years!
Sheed will go the WC won't he? That's why they were happy to slide down to pick 11, because he is who they want and so it doesn't matter if he goes at 6 or 11 to them.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

kp83 wrote:

If it could go:

Pick 3- Billings

Sheed will go the WC won't he? That's why they were happy to slide down to pick 11, because he is who they want and so it doesn't matter if he goes at 6 or 11 to them.
Yep, that's pretty much the reason why WC were happy to lose 5 places in the draft order.

Also forgot about Matt Crouch. He'd be a good pick up with 18 or 19 also.

The Saints are coming!
boneless23
Club Player

kp83 wrote:

If it could go:

Pick 3- Billings

Probably. Acres is another who would fit into that category though.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

3 midfielders.
I'm working on the theory 2/3 will be guns.
Cmon Tony do you thing champ!

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

3. Billings
18/19. Zak Jones, Dumont

Hell, I don't know......I have absolutely no idea