Rumour: Boyd to slip to 3....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour: Boyd to slip to 3....

SimonSpeaking is probably just having a guess.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:It's an interesting one because if it does happen (and I'm not in the know at all)... given that Boyd is built up to be the KKP of his generation, grabbing Boyd is not negotiable

That does however throw our list balance out of whack

A combination of Hickey, Longer and Stanley potentially playing ruck/forward etc alongside Boyd and Lee doesn't work

Certainly stamps Wilkes' papers though I quite like the guy... doesn't leave much room for White either
Some of the above players simply will not develop into good players however.

Wilkes is gone

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
skeptic wrote:It's an interesting one because if it does happen (and I'm not in the know at all)... given that Boyd is built up to be the KKP of his generation, grabbing Boyd is not negotiable

A combination of Hickey, Longer and Stanley potentially playing ruck/forward etc alongside Boyd and Lee doesn't work

Certainly stamps Wilkes' papers though I quite like the guy... doesn't leave much room for White either

Wilkes is gone

Wilkes is already gone, cant see him anywhere on our list.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint6
Club Player

think we need midfielders in this draft dont we????? Why would we not pick the best midfielder available with pick 3?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

saint6 wrote:think we need midfielders in this draft dont we????? Why would we not pick the best midfielder available with pick 3?

Because Boyd is an absolute gun and so far ahead of the next best. Sometimes you just throw the plan out when quality comes your way. It's like if you went to buy a Toyota Corolla and the sales man says we have this top of the line Merc for the same price. It will be a bit too good to run the kids to school but you would have to be a twat to pass it up.

If someone said here is a potential Riewoldt compared to a potential Dal Santo which would you do?

ace
Saintsational Legend

If he is going to be as good as Nick Riewoldt or Johnathon Brown in their prime we would be crazy not to nab him.
On the other hand if he is going to be as good as Jack Watts we would crazy to waste a pick on him.

The important difference is that key forwards must make considerable improvement from TAC grade to AFL superstar.
Watts was well coached a a junior so he shone out, but when he got into the Melbourne tank he lost his hunger.
Result there was not as much upside as expected.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Get his manager to remove all images from the internet.

He'll slip :wink:
Don't think Brian has a manager..

“Yeah….nah””
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Boyd will go to GWS.

That's the end of the discussion.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

Wilkes is gone

Wilkes is already gone, cant see him anywhere on our list.
Agree with all of this

I like Wilkes (Maister now not the other way round?) but I don't think he's anything more than a GOP. I respect the fact that he's worked his butt off to give himself every chance - think he'll pbly be cut at end of next season, unless he reinvents himself pbly not good enough as a forward.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

[quote="SuperDuper"]

Didnt Pelchin say that the top 5 would be Boyd, Kelly, Aish, Sharenberg and Billings.. specifiying that it was in no particular order ...?
/quote]

they have been the top 5 for most of the year....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Whose bright idea was it give Beau a two year contract? Good on him but from the club's point of view, he should have always been on a year to year agreement.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Won't happen

If Melbourne had Pick 2 it was an outside chance.... Now zero chance

Boyd plus one of Aish, Kelly, Billings, Scharenburg, to GWS.... Next player to us...

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
Old Mate wrote:BrianSpeaking is a spud
He has named 2 different players going at pick 3 within hours of each other

Brian Speaking's initials imply something else
I'll believe it when SS's own Jaxons gives us the rumour. :wink: I still have BS's BS quotes re such and such is signed sealed delivered ringing in my ears (eyes?) from last years trade period... I took it at the time as maybe it was but we didn't get time to deal or something but this year the little war he has with Watters combined with his willingness to simply give us every name under the sun and no actual info means to me that he is no more informed than the next punter on here. Good luck to him and his agendas though. GO SAINTS!
I think he once had a contact but doesn't seem to have the mail coming anymore. I thought a comment he made on twitter at the beginning of trade period was funny. He said players don't want to be traded to StK and mentioned Liam Pickering as a payer agent is refusing to deal with us because we're such a rabble and will ruin his players career. Nek minute: Savage, Delaney, Longer, Bruce and Jolly...one of the most desirable clubs going ATM.

evo
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
Old Mate wrote:BrianSpeaking is a spud

I'll believe it when SS's own Jaxons gives us the rumour. :wink: I still have BS's BS quotes re such and such is signed sealed delivered ringing in my ears (eyes?) from last years trade period... I took it at the time as maybe it was but we didn't get time to deal or something but this year the little war he has with Watters combined with his willingness to simply give us every name under the sun and no actual info means to me that he is no more informed than the next punter on here. Good luck to him and his agendas though. GO SAINTS!
Are you sure B/Speaking and Jaxons are not the same person, their agendas are similar !!!!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

It's pretty easy to tell by the way they write they are not the same person. Also, BS hasn't picked a single trade and he's been all over twitter. Anyway, isn't jaxons @LukeHolmesby ?!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:It's pretty easy to tell by the way they write they are not the same person. Also, BS hasn't picked a single trade and he's been all over twitter. Anyway, isn't jaxons @LukeHolmesby ?!

I like Luke but if he is then Luke should be sacked. I have known for a long time so I dont think he could possibly be that stupid. I dont think Jaxons is employed by the club. A mate or a mate of a mate of pelchans I would think. If he is emplyed by the club then I hope he is found out and sacked.

Mackaysaint
Club Player

evo wrote:BrianSpeaking is a spud
St Ick wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Are you sure B/Speaking and Jaxons are not the same person, their agendas are similar !!!!
Agendas aside they are chalk and cheese; BS is just that while Jaxons has the runs on the board

Cogito ergo sum Furtius Quo Rdelius
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:It's pretty easy to tell by the way they write they are not the same person. Also, BS hasn't picked a single trade and he's been all over twitter. Anyway, isn't jaxons @LukeHolmesby ?!

I like Luke but if he is then Luke should be sacked. I have known for a long time so I dont think he could possibly be that stupid. I dont think Jaxons is employed by the club. A mate or a mate of a mate of pelchans I would think. If he is emplyed by the club then I hope he is found out and sacked.
You would think that if, and I mean if, Pelchin was divulging details about the most important aspect of his professional being during trade week, which I assume is also one of his most seriously busiest times in his working year and thus making idle conversation with mates difficult, then I'd be pretty disappointed with the Pelchin. Surely he is more professional than to be loose lipped with such matters. I'm inclined to rule out the possibility that Pelchin is the source of the leak even though it might suit some people to jump to such a conclusion.

Does the leak come from within the media department? Possibly. That question possesses another, how does club release information about trades to the media. Ok so for a starters Bains and Pelchin manage all things trade/draft. Who do they report to? Can the leak be happening above them? Probably not. So most likely the leak is starting below them. Who do they provide information to so that media releases can be prepared/delivered? If you are talking the possibility of information leaking whether it be 1st hand, 2 hand, mate of a mate, then you would think that the media department and all of it's degrees of separation is a really good place for a leak.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You would think that if, and I mean if, Pelchin was divulging details about the most important aspect of his professional being during trade week, which I assume is also one of his most seriously busiest times in his working year and thus making idle conversation with mates difficult, then I'd be pretty disappointed with the Pelchin. Surely he is more professional than to be loose lipped with such matters. I'm inclined to rule out the possibility that Pelchin is the source of the leak even though it might suit some people to jump to such a conclusion.

Does the leak come from within the media department? Possibly. That question possesses another, how does club release information about trades to the media. Ok so for a starters Bains and Pelchin manage all things trade/draft. Who do they report to? Can the leak be happening above them? Probably not. So most likely the leak is starting below them. Who do they provide information to so that media releases can be prepared/delivered? If you are talking the possibility of information leaking whether it be 1st hand, 2 hand, mate of a mate, then you would think that the media department and all of it's degrees of separation is a really good place for a leak.
Why would Pelchan or bains even tell the media department that a player is going to be traded for a certain pick before it happens?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why would Pelchan or bains even tell the media department that a player is going to be traded for a certain pick before it happens?
Exactly why would they, however at some stage they make decisions that require media releases, i.e. seal the deal on a trade, so what I am posing is a question of how and when does that information get passed on by Pelchin/Bains/others to the people responsible for media releases? Is it possible that posters such as Jaxons is receiving information down stream of the point where information surrounding trades is being released by Pelchin/Bains/others for use by media department personnel or others? Is information released for strategic reasons? It does happen but I you'd have to think that wasn't the case here.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

It could just be the same stuff the club has been happy to let out in the media so very possible that he knows someone employed at the media unit or he's just gathered the info on Big footy, here and the radio. The club said Bruce was definitely coming our way about 3 months ago. Longer was very obviously targeted and the trade guy on SEN was all over it at the same time.

I think the club is happy to manage a certain amount of leaks because they were confident the deals would be done.

They said we will get 3 picks inside 20 and these guys and did it. A smart operator could feasibly think that may elevate the clubs credibility as a tough no nonsense operator in the public eye.

we have come out looking good in this period because we targeted and made it happen without giving up too much for the fans to cope with.

Melbourne probably gave up less and got more for their needs and will substantially have improved their list through midfield additions but they have done it low key and slipped under the guard of the media.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:It could just be the same stuff the club has been happy to let out in the media so very possible that he knows someone employed at the media unit or he's just gathered the info on Big footy, here and the radio. The club said Bruce was definitely coming our way about 3 months ago. Longer was very obviously targeted and the trade guy on SEN was all over it at the same time.

I think the club is happy to manage a certain amount of leaks because they were confident the deals would be done.

They said we will get 3 picks inside 20 and these guys and did it. A smart operator could feasibly think that may elevate the clubs credibility as a tough no nonsense operator in the public eye.

we have come out looking good in this period because we targeted and made it happen without giving up too much for the fans to cope with.

Melbourne probably gave up less and got more for their needs and will substantially have improved their list through midfield additions but they have done it low key and slipped under the guard of the media.
It wont surprise me if Melbourne beat us next year, I'm expecting it.

evo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

This may explain Brians lack of info this year.

Last week....

Brian Speaking‏@Brian_Speaking
Pelch not giving away IP on a chat forum, can't even get into the draft room at the club without a special code only rec staff

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

evo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

This may explain Brians lack of info this year.

Last week....

Brian Speaking‏@Brian_Speaking
Pelch not giving away IP on a chat forum, can't even get into the draft room at the club without a special code only rec staff
They must've been onto him....

Kickit
Club Player

Much as I love to know what's going on during trade period, its only sensible to keep all the cards close to the chest.
Last thing the club needs is , in the middle of a game of bluff, some idiot tweeting, " If Collingwood stick to their guns we'll us our first round pick "