Maverick Weller

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Maverick Weller

gringo wrote:
Gilbee was drink driving. Mav had a fist fight with a soldier at a Thai resort island and had a verbal with campbell brown.

He's full of himself but can play.
Why? Because he was puched by an AJ and told the sniper thug Brown to go forth and multiply/

Tow incidents in three years, one where he was competing at training.

Who knows if he is full of himself, but GC certainly didn't want to keep him.

Hopefully he will be a Roberton type.

We all learnt that just because you are delisted and picked up in FA, it doesn't mean you cant play.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
howlinwolf
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote:
Gilbee was drink driving. Mav had a fist fight with a soldier at a Thai resort island and had a verbal with campbell brown.

Why? Because he was puched by an AJ and told the sniper thug Brown to go forth and multiply/

You can add the third of drink driving.
He was part of the GC leadership group. Considers himself a leader. His quote.
It doesn't read well.
We all learnt that just because you are delisted and picked up in FA, it doesn't mean you cant play.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
savatage
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:and had a verbal with campbell brown.

That's a big tick for me :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote:

He was massively highly rated as a junior and was considered an elite 17yo talent when they took him. He is probably at the point he would be needing to show something and they need spots and he came for nothing. He was forced to play as a defender instead of a mid role he favours when he did get games and at 182 and 87 kgs he's a nice size for the midfield.

i would think he's probably a better fit than Jolly who we could survive with out. He could be an upgrade on some fringe player that would come for nothing but delisting one of our lesser lights.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:Well someone is definitely making way.. Saints put it on there Website he mentioned it in an interview 2 and 2 together Saints would've already made that commitment. Similar to Luke Delaney he had that interview on SEN because North and saints had already made the Deal..
Fair call
Hard to imagine wed put it on the website it was just a thought bubble. Sounds like hes 90% over the line.

here is the view from 'the examiner'

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/175197 ... to-weller/

gringo
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

I would take Mav Weller, 21 strong inside mid and that's what the Saints need. He's not coming for free, in that it's another spot on the list.
If they want Jolly as well - it's going to mean 2 or 3 more delistings, surely only players in the second year of a contract.

Would rather Weller than TDL, Dunell or Milera (I think Milera recently signed for 2 years)

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Wants to be a one club player:http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/201 ... sport.html

Fighting at Ful Moon party in Thailand, detained:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/w ... 6656206504

Drink driving, club suspension, delisted:http://www.examiner.com.au/story/175197 ... to-weller/

:?

I'm reluctant.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
maverick wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:If we get maverick , do we take iceman as well !
Well we did have goose...
There's one at SEN.

sure is.... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Siposstar#2
Club Player

Munga wrote:Wants to be a one club player:http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/201 ... sport.html

Fighting at Ful Moon party in Thailand, detained:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/w ... 6656206504

Drink driving, club suspension, delisted:http://www.examiner.com.au/story/175197 ... to-weller/

I'm reluctant.
He wasn't drink driving. If you read the article again it has started talking about another player being delisted by that point.
So he has been in a verbal argument at training. Roo and Heath black did worse. Granted black was a nutcase but so it brown.
Really the only worry is the fight in Thailand. It's not the perfect history but far from the worst.
I say get him.

Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Siposstar#2 wrote:
Munga wrote:Wants to be a one club player:http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/201 ... sport.html

I'm reluctant.
He wasn't drink driving. If you read the article again it has started talking about another player being delisted by that point.
So he has been in a verbal argument at training. Roo and Heath black did worse. Granted black was a nutcase but so it brown.
Really the only worry is the fight in Thailand. It's not the perfect history but far from the worst.
I say get him.

You beat me to it. He seems like an egotist but I think he was only arrested because one of the guys that joined the fight was an off duty Thai cop. Otherwise pissed Aussie bogans spend half their time in Thailand and Bali hitting each other. If you look at Brown's history he has had a heap of spats over the years.

Richter
SS Life Member

In his third season Weller averaged over 17 disposals a game. He's 21. For mine, he's worth a shot at a 2 year contract to see if his development continues and he can step it up another level. Especially given that we could get him for free.

He's surely got as much or more upside than...

- Milera, TDL, Jones, Dunnell, Simpkin, Siposs

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Big tick

Boys from Burnie... My original club. Know his family and can tell you one thing.... The Boy'd be hard as a cats head!!!

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

we've done well with lads from tassie in the past. i like the kids tude. lets get him in...spark things up a little. we don't have enough bad boys...we dont embrace the culture

#1 Ryder fan
Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

So it's a positive move by the club Big Mart because he's from your home town and you know his family?

<edited by mods>

saint6709
Club Player

27 disposals with 11 marks in his last game - built a bit like Paul Chapman but 3cm taller - I say get him .. Can think of a few options to delist to make room ... Sorry for them but that's what happens in professional sport.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:It would seem we are going to get weller unless someone beats us to him which I doubt. probably get him the same way as Roberton. That makes at least 2 delistings from the current crop. Hope they do it soon as we got bad publicity last season for delisting Winmar late. Imagine if we delist 2 or 3 late.
Im getting old and all my pre-seasons are starting to blur into one. Was it last pre-season that Gram was paid out ? .. and if so does that mean he was still technically on our list this year ?

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:
plugger66 wrote:It would seem we are going to get weller unless someone beats us to him which I doubt. probably get him the same way as Roberton. That makes at least 2 delistings from the current crop. Hope they do it soon as we got bad publicity last season for delisting Winmar late. Imagine if we delist 2 or 3 late.
Im getting old and all my pre-seasons are starting to blur into one. Was it last pre-season that Gram was paid out ? .. and if so does that mean he was still technically on our list this year ?

No he is off the list but the money we paid him was included in this years cap like Winmars was as well and who ever we delist this year from the main list will be next year.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

saint6709 wrote:27 disposals with 11 marks in his last game - built a bit like Paul Chapman but 3cm taller - I say get him .. Can think of a few options to delist to make room ... Sorry for them but that's what happens in professional sport.
I haven't followed him that closely but I thought he was an ok player. An inside mid, which would certainly be handy. However GC strike me as a club that are working to a plan and have a reasonable eye for young talent, so delisting him for nothing in return does make me wonder whether it was because they don't see any future upside in him.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
|Andy|
Club Player

Jiminy Wagga wrote:So it's a positive move by the club Big Mart because he's from your home town and you know his family?

<Ledited by mods>
Is it really necessary to call somebody a "<edited by mods>" because they expressed an opinion on a player's attribute based on where the player has come from?

sax
Club Player

Jiminy Wagga wrote:So it's a positive move by the club Big Mart because he's from your home town and you know his family?

You're seriously a <edited by mods>
As you are chief!

All BM was saying is that he knows the family & knows what their like!

Why does that make him a >edited by mods>?

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

Mate read his posts . Calling him a <edited by mods> is being nice. So big mart bags the crap out of what the club does and player x is useless but when a player of the same ilk as the ones he's bagged is a possibility , he's great because he comes from his home town and knows his family..F&$@ me

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

sax wrote:

You're seriously a <edited by mods>
As you are chief!

All BM was saying is that he knows the family & knows what their like!

Why does that make him a <edited by mods>?
I agree with Sax. BM being a <edited by mods> is completely unrelated to this issue.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
howlinwolf
Club Player

When you start your career like this you have some big shoes to fill.

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/texasb ... sort=3&o=0

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd love to see this kid get reformed and give his best football to us.

We've seen bad boys go both ways - some get their head straight, others don't.

In achieving results, what I've seen in my exposure to professional athletes is a combination of:

- Strong, sustained and consistent leadership, driven by a focus on MINIMUM values, not MAXIMUM values.
- A desire from the player to getting the best from himself. Some players need to change clubs to find this; some need to be exposed to life without what they thought was theirs.

Whether our culture is where it needs to be is definitely the question I'd ask.

I'm confident the kid's failure at GC should result in him getting his life together.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.