One more to be delisted but who?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: One more to be delisted but who?

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I reckon :

Gwilt tdl dunny simpkin milera all on thin ice.

Fisher dempster jones and lenny all at the end.

Thats 9 that could go.

So you are suggesting Simpkin and Milera who have just recently signed 2 year contracts are on thin ice? If thats the case our list manager should be sacked. i would suggest the only players on thin ice are Saad, TDL and Dunell in that order.
Also chuck Stan the Man and Sippa who are at the crossroads = 11.
I love Simpkin - one of my favourite players but I'm thinking given we have to pay 95% of our SC and we are struggling to reach it - if any of those blokes have absolutely terrible years I reckon the club would be prepared to cut them with a year left on their contract. Its not out of the question. But yes the club seem prepared to back Simpkin and Milera which is fine by me.
Are you suggesting they are established AFL players already?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I reckon :

Gwilt tdl dunny simpkin milera all on thin ice.

Fisher dempster jones and lenny all at the end.

Thats 9 that could go.

So you are suggesting Simpkin and Milera who have just recently signed 2 year contracts are on thin ice? If thats the case our list manager should be sacked. i would suggest the only players on thin ice are Saad, TDL and Dunell in that order.
Also chuck Stan the Man and Sippa who are at the crossroads = 11.
I love Simpkin - one of my favourite players but I'm thinking given we have to pay 95% of our SC and we are struggling to reach it - if any of those blokes have absolutely terrible years I reckon the club would be prepared to cut them with a year left on their contract. Its not out of the question. But yes the club seem prepared to back Simpkin and Milera which is fine by me.
Are you suggesting they are established AFL players already?

Con isnt this topic about who will be delisted now as we need at least one delisted. if we are talking the end of next season than how would anyone know yet. Maybe i got the topic wrong but it seems clear.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'd be annoyed if Jackson goes and we keep older depth type players.

Just my opinion though.

He was given the debut from hell.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well mr 'on topic' plugger.
Give you invariably turn evey single topic into being anout you you are hardly the one to call things back.

But back to topic.

I think the jury is in.
If someone needs to be delisted now it will be out of saad tdl and dunny.
The club is probably awaiting afl advice on how to handle the saad situation before it makes any moves.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I'd be annoyed if Jackson goes and we keep older depth type players.

Just my opinion though.

Did people actually judge him on that debut? Incredible. Hard arses..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
SainterK wrote:I'd be annoyed if Jackson goes and we keep older depth type players.

Just my opinion though.

I'm not judging him on his debut, I'm judging the fact he has been there for years and hasn't demanded a spot. Lever got a shorter time on the main list as a developing defender. The writing looks on the wall as it did for Winmar and Ledger.

Anyway I think the rookie list doesn't really matter in the case of who we need to delist. Dunnell, TDL and Milera aren't young but are not playing every week. Maister and Simpkin are in a little trouble too as they are behind two new talls and have not set the world on fire yet. Maybe even Siposs could be on the chopping block.

Saad is an unknown proposition ATM.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Siposs is very young and one would hope someone at the club could mentor him, to develop the potential.
Would be tragic if they gave up on him.
Could be a valuable player if only someone could push his buttons.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
fingers
Saintsational Legend

I still don't get the deal with people wanting to delist Dunnell??

sasaint
Club Player

fingers wrote:I still don't get the deal with people wanting to delist Dunnell??
+1. Dunnell has some real class and upside IMHO.

I would get delist Jones before Dunnell.

Patience young grasshopper
andrewg
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:

Just my opinion though.

He did make Aaron Black look like Tony Lockett. He was a long way out of his depth.

supersaints
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Well mr 'on topic' plugger.
Give you invariably turn evey single topic into being anout you you are hardly the one to call things back.

But back to topic.

I think the jury is in.
If someone needs to be delisted now it will be out of saad tdl and dunny.
The club is probably awaiting afl advice on how to handle the saad situation before it makes any moves.
Con, I don't think the Club is waiting on advice on how to handle the Saad probable sanction , just the length of it will determine whether they keep a spot open
Ih he is sanctioned ( likely at least twelve months ) then

Should he be suspended under an anti-doping violation, he would not be paid and his wage would not be counted in the Clubs total player payments.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I am hoping another 3 will be delisted.

Get rid of Dunnel, Simpkin, and TDL (pay out his contract, it can't be much).

Final year for Wilksey and Milera extremely lucky.

Saad needs his suspension decided on before either keeping our chopping.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I am hoping another 3 will be delisted.

They just re signed Simpkin so he isnt going anywhere or if he does so should our list manager. And I love the way we we expect loyalty oh here but then we get a guy saying I hope 3 will be delisted. Yep thats the way. I really like it.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Dunnel is just no good. He must be delisted. Same for TDL

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:I am hoping another 3 will be delisted.

They just re signed Simpkin so he isnt going anywhere or if he does so should our list manager. And I love the way we we expect loyalty oh here but then we get a guy saying I hope 3 will be delisted. Yep thats the way. I really like it.

I would think Simpkin might have been a back up plan if Bruce and delaney were not available. Now we landed both Simpkin's value to the team just took a massive hit. We all love him but he really should have done more this year before and after injury. The list manager put him away from others while he was important but things have changed. He will probably stay as back up but Pelchen isn't a romantic, if someone better becomes available he's gone.
his only real value is that he sits in the right age bracket for post Fisher, Gwilt and Dempster.

We are in a unique position of having a huge cap space open up. We could pay our kids more so they get Ball like expectations or pay a few loyal guys who will not make it a nice parting gift of two years income on their way out the door.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

andrewg wrote: He did make Aaron Black look like Tony Lockett. He was a long way out of his depth.
It's funny, someone made almost that exact same comment to me only a few days ago !!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
andrewg wrote: He did make Aaron Black look like Tony Lockett. He was a long way out of his depth.
It's funny, someone made almost that exact same comment to me only a few days ago !!
yes young Jackson had a shocker on debut, however the whole team was insipid in that first quarter and their was absolutely no pressure on North or their ball carriers, doubt if Max or SoS could have stopped what was coming into our backline.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Isn't first list lodgement today?
If so, we should get an indication of who else is going (if anyone) later today.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Isn't first list lodgement today?
If so, we should get an indication of who else is going (if anyone) later today.
You may be going a day early Magic Man.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Supersaints said ahmed could get 12 mths for a mindless sip of a milk-bar drink.
The players in the red 'n black from syringe - land can be assumed to not make an appearance for the whole 2014 afl season I would have thought.

That's why I think Ahmed Saad will only receive a warning. The afl are I feel tottering on the brink of opening up a whole new area of double standards if they let Essendon players participate for any round of footy in the 2014 season while at the same time arbitrarily victimise a single player (in this case A.Saad) for sipping aon a drink all too easily available from your local milk-bar (I have been led to believe).

With the afl money usually comes first but I would be amazed if this double standard scenario played out. The afl will not want to lose tv ratings money by slamming the dons for their syringe activities and illegal import of back-yard chemical mixes for human consumption. The urge there will be to let essendon play out the season.
Now the problem for them: If they go lenient on essendon players will they feel the pressure to be a bit lenient on A.Saad?

Credibility will come under focus with these 2 decisions.

If essendon players are allowed to play with a reprimand so should Saad.

GO SAINTS! :)

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
supersaints
Club Player

Fact is until sanctions are handed out no one knows , previuos discussions say that the ebdolute minimum any one can get is six months, it's all in the Essendope pages.
I don't think ASADA would let the AFL give non punitive sanctions.
Sad fact is that Saad was Admitted guilt ... Saying sorry won't cut the mustard.....
The AFL will have to satisfy ASDA and WADA , not the TV stations.......

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Fact is until sanctions are handed out no one knows , previuos discussions say that the ebdolute minimum any one can get is six months, it's all in the Essendope pages.
I don't think ASADA would let the AFL give non punitive sanctions.
Sad fact is that Saad was Admitted guilt ... Saying sorry won't cut the mustard.....
The AFL will have to satisfy ASDA and WADA , not the TV stations.......

Marin Cilic has appealed his 6 month ban in tennis for a similar slip up. There is a chance he will get a shorter in comp ban with some to be counted against his time off from training etc. from the main team. I can see a three month in comp ban taking into account his sitting out the last part of the season and training.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Megamaguire wrote:Supersaints said ahmed could get 12 mths for a mindless sip of a milk-bar drink.
The players in the red 'n black from syringe - land can be assumed to not make an appearance for the whole 2014 afl season I would have thought.

That's why I think Ahmed Saad will only receive a warning. The afl are I feel tottering on the brink of opening up a whole new area of double standards if they let Essendon players participate for any round of footy in the 2014 season while at the same time arbitrarily victimise a single player (in this case A.Saad) for sipping aon a drink all too easily available from your local milk-bar (I have been led to believe).

With the afl money usually comes first but I would be amazed if this double standard scenario played out. The afl will not want to lose tv ratings money by slamming the dons for their syringe activities and illegal import of back-yard chemical mixes for human consumption. The urge there will be to let essendon play out the season.
Now the problem for them: If they go lenient on essendon players will they feel the pressure to be a bit lenient on A.Saad?

Credibility will come under focus with these 2 decisions.

If essendon players are allowed to play with a reprimand so should Saad.

GO SAINTS! :)
few things wrong in this post ...
firstly essendon players have not as to date tested positive to any banned substance at all
secondly the AFL will only dish out penalties that are approved by ASADA so Saad getting off with a warning is a pipe dream
thirdly the AFL has not gone lenient on any one nor have they gone hard on anyone at this stage neither hearing has been heard as to what if any penalties should be handed down .. and in this case the AFL has little control or say in what those penalties are ...
lastly comparing the Saad situation with the Essendon one is like apples and oranges .. what is believed to be taken by essendon (note believed because there is no firm evidence of what they took) is under reveiw on if it is a banned substance its in the grey area that is banned but isnt ... Saads substance is clearly banned its clear he took it and its a pretty clear cut rule you cant take it on competition days ... Saad stuffed up BIG TIME.. but he is 100% at fault and should and will cop his penalties for it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saint 58
Club Player

Don't talk about what should happen
Cos if you do talk about what should happen
Then you know what should happen
Would you not agree ?

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

Just my opinion though.

Amen
Id like to see Jacko get another year as Rookie (not sure how the rules work?)

One debut where the opposition had about 100 clearances and 50 fwd entries in 30 minutes. The ball was raining down on their heads like a monsoon.

Very harsh.