southern cross on geurnsey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mickey
Club Player

southern cross on geurnsey

Just throwing this out there…

Second post, always reading everyone else's.

Huge Saints fan unfortunately living in SA, I still remember going to Geelong v Saints final at Waverley & some bloke would yell out at top note GOOOO YOOUUU & the crowd would go SAINTERS !!!! We just need something to create that cult following again. I'd love to have an anti-crow/port group at Adelaide Oval next year & have like a Bay13 of Victorian team supporters turn up to just give it to this uneducated crowd over here (believe me there are a lot of us here but I know it won't happen).

One other thing, the Pies got the Aussie Flag on their jumper - we should put the Southern "Cross" on ours, the cross is our symbol & we are a southern state within this great country. I'm just looking for something to market a club that I'm tired of everyone putting down.

Happy with our trading as we were heading towards a side that would finish 10th for the next 8 years ….. just my opinion.

Keep updating me good people in Melbourne on this great club as you're all I've got.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: southern cross on geurnsey

Maybe we could get this guy to sing our theme song...

Seriously, though...I think the fact that we have our shield on the jumper makes us pretty unique anyway.
We should look to increase the size of it (like we used to have it) rather than try something else that has no meaning for us.
Like this...

oh when the
Club Player

Melbourne has southern cross on emblem

I think we should include the words
St Kilda Football Club est 1873 on our emblem somehow

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

The size of the crest does seem to shrink every year, I would love to see the size restored.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

oh when the wrote:Melbourne has southern cross on emblem

I think we should include the words
St Kilda Football Club est 1873 on our emblem somehow

We could do it on the back, a bit like they way the Dogs do the "FFC".

Maybe just "Since 1873"? Works with some of our other marketing/merchandise.

Agree that they should stop shrinking the crest.

Always loyal