Dermott loves our club now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Re: Dermott loves our club now

elvis lives wrote:Dermott also said that the three friends he has that are the smartest football minds he knows of are Rodney Eade, Terry Wallace and Scott Watters. I think he meant it as a compliment....
Apparently Alan Jeans doesn't rate. He thinks all three of those boof heads are superior football brains. So when Brereton was prattling on about the greatness of Jeansy at the time of his passing one can only assume that he was crying crocodile tears.

Carna Saints!!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

elvis lives wrote:Dermott also said that the three friends he has that are the smartest football minds he knows of are Rodney Eade, Terry Wallace and Scott Watters. I think he meant it as a compliment....
lol even the STKFC has won more premierships than those three coaches :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
sainterinsydney
Club Player

Terry Wallace, Rodney Eade, and Scott Watters are deemed the best football brains Brereton has ever met--that statment alone is evidence enough to disregard his opinion outright hahahaha.
Last edited by sainterinsydney on Fri 01 Nov 2013 4:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
lol even the STKFC has won more premierships than those three coaches :D

Was thinking the same thing :!:

Before Im 85
starsign
Club Player

i asked this in the Pelchin thread annyone know if he have a role in the appointment of
Scott, and will he have one this time?

Fraser
Club Coach

Dermott... Opinions are like arseholes... Everyone has one. How many of these 3 are premiership coaches. I think guys like roos, Lyon, clarkson, would have pretty good footy smarts. If Wallace was as smart as dermie reckons, how did he go at footscray and Richmond? Dermie is a wanker.

lefty
Club Player

You have to question... IF Pelchen is so good, why did Hawthorn get rid of him?

Question it.

I am suggesting that whatever problems Hawthorn had with him, are the same problems we are having with him.
I'm going to assume to Hawthorn board told him where to go, whereas our board followed what he wanted.

I am very suspicious about Pelchen.
I'm shocked and upset Watters is gone, I thought he was very good for us to be honest, always calm in the box, always spoke clearly and played the young kids.

Something is missing from this story, and it HAS to be told, otherwise there is no TRUST among this club. No trust, and nothing will move forward. If you were a coach, why would you want to come and be a coach here? Seriously.. you wouldn't know where you stand or support you have.

Over it...
Last edited by lefty on Fri 01 Nov 2013 5:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:Worse than Melbourne according to Dermie
He also said that Scott Watters is a mate of his and he (Dermie) has a policy of "NO D!CKHEADS" in his circle of friends. Normally, one per group is enough !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

lefty wrote:You have to question... IF Pelchen is so good, why did Hawthorn get rid of him?

Question it.

I am suggesting that whatever problems Hawthorn had with him, are the same problems we are having with him.
I'm going to assume to Hawthorn board told him where to go, whereas our board followed what he wanted.

I'm shocked and upset Watters is gone, I thought he was very good for us to be honest, always calm in the box, always spoke clearly and played the young kids.

Something is missing from this story, and it HAS to be told, otherwise there is no TRUST among this club. No trust, and nothing will move forward. If you were a coach, why would you want to come and be a coach here? Seriously.. you wouldn't know where you stand or support you have.

Over it...
Hawthorn didn't get rid of him, he chose to leave. He was asked by Alan Jeans to come to St Kilda.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
lefty wrote:You have to question... IF Pelchen is so good, why did Hawthorn get rid of him?

Question it.

Over it...
Hawthorn didn't get rid of him, he chose to leave. He was asked by Alan Jeans to come to St Kilda.

He was sacked. I dont care what the papers said but he was sacked. A mate who works at the Hawks told me that as soon as we picked him up and i said it on here at the time.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:To me Dermie is the Doyen of everything football...........pffffft...bwaahahahahahahahahahahahaha
only my second smile for the afternoon... :)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:

Question it.

Over it...

I'm mates with members of Jeff Kennett's family and they said that Pelchen and Kennett never got along. He's a power broker and he doesn't f#@$ around when he does his work but he's uncompromising. You don't get sentimentality or nepotism just straight line advancement.

It was interesting on SEN that the word coming out was that Scott had made some very poor decisions on match selection and had control of that area. They said he had upset guys like Siposs who was told he needed to work on fitness but was dropped in consecutive weeks and didn't even play Sandy after being named.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:Said that Pelchen looks you in the eye and says one thing, then does otherwise behind your back. Absolutely unloaded on Pelchen.
Pretty much correct. I've had previous dealings with Pelchen. (What they are is irrelevant before anyone asks.)

Dictator of the highest order. He's got his foot in the door now. You won't be able to get him out.

Should remove himself from the next coaching selection panel (if there is one).

Won't take too long for Pelchen to plot to get rid of the next coach if he has an issue with him.

Beware.
to be fair on Pelchen he was employed to reshape the club (something he sure is doing).. he had a plan on how to build the club up and to our knowllege that plan is still in full swing ,the board have bought into his plan (rightly or wrongly time will tell) and as part ofthat those who go against the plan are going to be under pressure , obviously at some level (discounting the rumours) Scott watters became a road block to the plan in the eyes of the board (rightfuly or wrongly) and in turn has been removed ..

the problem i see is if that is the case the next coach has to buy in 100% into the plan as well or else we are going to be seeing the same again ... talk of Harvey Choco whoever is really a guess the person who gets the job is the guy who is willing to embrace the plan ...

it might not ever work the plan could be a dud but i think we need to stay firm to that plan otherwise we really have nothing to fall back too ...
you are wise.....not sure if it's beyond your years though..... :wink:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

lol...someone didn't get on with Jeff Kennett....that's funny :D

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are we bagging Dermie now.... Like Car, Finey and anyone else who has RIGHTFULLY criticised management of StK FC

Get rid of Pelchin

His power is dangerous...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are we bagging Dermie now.... Like Car, Finey and anyone else who has RIGHTFULLY criticised management of StK FC

Get rid of Pelchin

Then you will say the club is in further disarray just as you are saying now even though I thought you didnt rate SW at all.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Are we bagging Dermie now.... Like Car, Finey and anyone else who has RIGHTFULLY criticised management of StK FC

Get rid of Pelchin

Then you will say the club is in further disarray just as you are saying now even though I thought you didnt rate SW at all.

That seems pretty easily swayed for someone who isn't a sheep.

If it was dermot saying how awesome we were you might not be so accommodating to Dermies opinions. I think you might suffer from a little bit of a contrary nature BM.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:[

It was interesting on SEN that the word coming out was that Scott had made some very poor decisions on match selection and had control of that area. They said he had upset guys like Siposs who was told he needed to work on fitness but was dropped in consecutive weeks and didn't even play Sandy after being named.
yep that happened...he was one very unhappy boy at the time.........jackson ferguson was told to work his arse off and he would be retained......been living in the gym ever since and put on 5ks of muscle......roo and scott even remarked how impressed they were ...now you know what happened to him.....he also stuffed up young ledgers career...didn't play him even when we were getting flogged......in the last two games when we played all our top ballwinners, including curren, ross and ledger......we won easily.....yeah sure we were only playing freo reserves...but hey...they played in a grandfinal ...and we thrashed them....now ledger is gone and wet toast or the shockers are going to pick him up and reap the benifits.....

...there will be no crocodile tears from me....

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Got to hand it to us....we are spectacular when we implode!

Just glad it happened after the trade period....that's actually an improvement for us.

Sit back and watch the show!

Nee!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
gringo wrote:[

yep that happened...he was one very unhappy boy at the time.........jackson ferguson was told to work his arse off and he would be retained......been living in the gym ever since and put on 5ks of muscle......roo and scott even remarked how impressed they were ...now you know what happened to him.....he also stuffed up young ledgers career...didn't play him even when we were getting flogged......in the last two games when we played all our top ballwinners, including curren, ross and ledger......we won easily.....yeah sure we were only playing freo reserves...but hey...they played in a grandfinal ...and we thrashed them....now ledger is gone and wet toast or the shockers are going to pick him up and reap the benifits.....

...there will be no crocodile tears from me....

How quickly you can change. Not true about Ferg either.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
He also said that Scott Watters is a mate of his and he (Dermie) has a policy of "NO D!CKHEADS" in his circle of friends. Normally, one per group is enough !!

So dermutt isn't even in his own circle of friends? :D

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Eastern wrote:

So dermutt isn't even in his own circle of friends? :D
I wonder how he now describes his 2 long term business partners?
I'm sure I read in the news over the past week that he has taken them to court over millions.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

why does this thread exist...someone actually takes on board what that knob jockey says?????

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

I can dismiss Brereton's sensational comments for the most part but I'm not a happy Sainter.
Where is the truth in all this?
SW comes on SEN this morning proclaiming all is well.
Did he lie? Surely not. The rug was pulled out from under him i strongly suspect.
All should eyes should fall on the man holding the knife. Dermie was right about that.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

TJMcCarthy wrote:I can dismiss Brereton's sensational comments for the most part but I'm not a happy Sainter.
Where is the truth in all this?
SW comes on SEN this morning proclaiming all is well.
Did he lie? Surely not. The rug was pulled out from under him i strongly suspect.
All should eyes should fall on the man holding the knife. Dermie was right about that.

Im pretty sure SW lied.