Scott Watters sacked: Official SS reaction thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Austinnn
Club Player

Re: Scott Watters sacked: Official SS reaction thread

Mr Magic +1

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BelfastSaint wrote:On SEN Brett Peake talked of disharmony and lack of unity in the playing group (during his time at the Saints).
or rather in the period after Lyon.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I can guarantee you that potential coaches will be lining up.
Williams will want to coach again, so will Voss, Harvey would probably like to comeback.
Look the decision took me by surprise, but at least we didn't do it because we were sure of recruiting a well known coach like Brisbane did.
If in 3 years time we are back in the finals and looking potential premiers again, it would be interesting to look back at a few of these threads.
Hell many were saying the same thing when the board dumped Thomas for Lyon.
The difference of course is that we are between eras, at the low point of the swing and it will take some very shrewd recruiting and trading to get the job done.
This time last week we were all patting ourselves on the back for a great trade period, maybe we should just consider this another one of those trades.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

At least that's a perspective from someone on the inside.

Public image and private reality can sometimes be poles apart. James Hird rings a bell.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
BelfastSaint wrote:On SEN Brett Peake talked of disharmony and lack of unity in the playing group (during his time at the Saints).
or rather in the period after Lyon.
Yes,that is a more accurate statement ... you should be my ghost writer :D

Munga
Saintsational Legend

All these angry fans. What are the board supposed to say all year? "We're gonna let Watters coach the year out the sack him after the trade period". Watters would leave immediately.
Pelch, Bains, Trout have got results and runs on the board. I didn't have a problem with Watters but apparently many at the club did. So if push came to shove I'd be backing the first three.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
oldie60
Club Player

Were we not suppose to step out of the bubble after Lyon and try and sell ourselves a bit more to the media. Irrespective of whether he could coach or not the whole thing is bordering on ridiculous. After seeing what we are like no wonder Lyon kept everything under wraps.The club is bigger than the individual but it appears that no one is bigger than the bunch of idiots running our club at the minute. After having completed the review three weeks ago the pres said its an ongoing thing.So did that mean we could lose people on a week to week basis,hence the review is not over.If we want to rebuild and start from scratch Watters should have been terminated at seasons end then that may have been more pallatable. I'm dissapointed that we seem to implode just when we look like we might on the right track.Regardless, the club needs to understand that the club is made up of members who pay good money to support them and expect some credibility and accountability. Maybe SW knew he was going and thats why he chose to do the interview so he could get his view across before being paid out and part of that there is usually a confidentiality. Pre looked totally inept during press conference and Nettlefold displayed typical advertising background dribble. A very lack lustre performance by the club.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are we allowed to concede now

Mismanagement occurs at StK

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:hmmmm...just had a thread locked...what has happened to this place ????

You ibanezed it!
Now, back to lucky burgers after the sandbelt?

Over 28's tomorrow night. See you there. Have no idea why they dont call it the over 68's and stop lying. There is to much lying going on at the moment.
what is the prob ??? :wink:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are we allowed to concede now

It was never disputed.

Only I don't see sacking a bad coach mismanagement.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are we allowed to concede now

we have had a massive decade and some...didn't get the ultimate but came damn close...Mismanagement ???? Please....shait happens ..ride with the punches or give up and go away but slagging the club aint the way to go..
Last edited by The Fireman on Fri 01 Nov 2013 7:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Meh

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Ajantis
Club Player

Are st.kilda the leaders in mismanagement. If you really want to clean the crap at st.kilda - REMOVE THE BOARD ! Same board been around too long and constant arguments within the club. God help the next coach, if he speaks up he will be sacked also.
St.Kilda = stupid/never learn adolescents.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Ajantis wrote:Are st.kilda the leaders in mismanagement. If you really want to clean the crap at st.kilda - REMOVE THE BOARD ! Same board been around too long and constant arguments within the club. God help the next coach, if he speaks up he will be sacked also.
St.Kilda = stupid/never learn adolescents.
will you be at the AGM ?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Oh, he's a bad coach now?

Because he was sacked by us? He wasn't a bad coach yesterday on SS?!

And Fireman
Please... Don't suggest out decade of dominance (we were the sixth ranked club from 2004-2013) was due to management
Draft picks, Grant Thomas and Ross Lyon were good... But their gaps caused our failure to capitalise and ACTUALLY be successful...

St.Roly
Club Player

BigMart wrote: Please... Don't suggest out decade of dominance (we were the sixth ranked club from 2004-2013) was due to management
Draft picks, Grant Thomas and Ross Lyon were good... But their gaps caused our failure to capitalise and ACTUALLY be successful...
My God you're right - I always wondered who was responsible for that toe poke in 2009 and Lenny's kick falling short of Milney in 2010.

Richter
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:I think it's pretty naive to expect the club answer those questions truthfully.

"Yes, the reports are correct, we are seriously considering sacking our coach very soon"

Really?

They obviously came to the conclusion recently, but held fire for the good of our trade period and the good of the club.

Every club would answer the same, until the coach is sacked, he is still the coach.
Agreed. If anything it shows a new found ruthlessness, which I, personally, am fine with.*

(*As long as it helps us towards our next flag!)

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Omg

I reckon if the club could announce they were going to support the Taliban and it would be seen as a great idea?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Omg

I reckon if the club could announce they were going to support the Taliban and it would be seen as a great idea?
I reckon if we won the flag you would say we should have won ten.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Oh, he's a bad coach now?
I assume you are talking to me?

Use the quote function you gutless wonder.

I've never said he was a good coach. Playing 18 year olds does not make you a good coach.

On match day performance he was a bad coach IMO, but I thought he might get more time to turn it around.

Alas it sounds like he had most of the club off-side with poor communication and understanding of roles.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Omg

At least it might make us go in harder. They also seem to have a lot of funds.
By the way, can you please poke yourself in the eye on my behalf. Thanks.

Do you still claim we'll cease to exist in 3 years?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Let us put things into perspective here

By all accounts If Watters had not fronted up to SEN and done the interview this morning more than likely he would be still be coach

It seems he put a bullet in the chamber, spun the barrel, pulled the trigger ............. and lost!!!

What concerns me more is that the leaking of sensitive information from the club to the media before the club can make an official announcement on the situation.

Super professional clubs would not allow such information to be so easily released nto the public domain - it seems we have some extremely loose lips down Seaford way and this has to IMO be sorted immediately.

As for Watters being sacked- well if he did go against the clubs wishes to conduct an interview - no matter - then he should be dragged across the coals - obviously this was the flame that torched the dwarfs back - pardon the pun - and now we are searching for another to take the helm

We can only hope that the club gets it right this time :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
#gosaintas
Club Player

Well this board better know what they are doing because it looks like a c*** of a move. I have been a member for many years. I have donated to lots of saints stuff. But s*** this looks badly handled. What can you do...as a supporter you cannot change clubs. As a sponser you would just never consider us. This board has a big responsibility and I hope they realise it.

I don't give a s*** about Watters...we are being built to finish last. We are deliberately feeding from the AFL trough and I hate it

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are you using HINDSIGHT Joffa?
Are you serious? You obviously find it extremelt difficult to comprehend a rational position.

I have said that I wait for the facts.

Said that about the rumours, said thast about the trading strategy, said that about the Finances, said that about Watters.

You however just bag the club without fact and in complete ignorance. You wait 18 mnths to bag the club on players like Grundy and Barlow. Completely different scenerio, but wouldn't expect you to comprehend

BigMart wrote:I don't agree with the sacking of Watter BTW..... Unless I hear good reasons why? Mismanagement again. Would have do so R16 and then hired best available.... We are now paying two coaches wages next year, when it makes little difference?!
I wouldn't have a clue why they sacked Watters. They haven't said why. All I have heard is LIES LIES LIES from this management about Watters position.

they bare faced lied to the supporters using the media on numerous occasions.

Now they make their financial position worse by at least half a mill. Ridiculous decision.
BigMart wrote:Seriously, did Pelchin need him gone that much?

Pelchin to me... Is little finger .....
What does that even mean?

Anyway last post on here until December.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It's a disgrace....

Has been a management nightmare since Nettlefold was pacing around his office wondering how Freo had done him?! 8 months they had to re sign Ross Lyon.

Not sure he would of anyway... From what was reported, he was absolutely furious about Pelchins role?