To anyone who doesn't want to renew their membership ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: To anyone who doesn't want to renew their membership ...

Darth Vader wrote:We need everyone we can get. Those who microwave their memberships are as good as those who frame them.
True, but to those who don't plan to renew their memberships (which plenty have threatened this afternoon) I say good riddance because they're not true supporters of the club. But you're right, I welcome all supporters who want to buy memberships and then microwave their cards - this is the level of intelligent supporter we need.[/quote]

Today they not plan to and im sure if they see good riddance they may say stuff you but if they get over the sacking they may still renew in a few weeks. people get over things bloody quickly especially if they arent told to piss off.

Darth Vader
Club Player

[True, but to those who don't plan to renew their memberships (which plenty have threatened this afternoon) I say good riddance because they're not true supporters of the club. But you're right, I welcome all supporters who want to buy memberships and then microwave their cards - this is the level of intelligent supporter we need.[/quote]

Today they not plan to and im sure if they see good riddance they may say stuff you but if they get over the sacking they may still renew in a few weeks. people get over things bloody quickly especially if they arent told to piss off.[/quote]

Yeah, because they'll all listen to me. Okay, just go with the last bit "now is the time to stick by the club." Is that okay, or is that bad too?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Darth Vader wrote:[True, but to those who don't plan to renew their memberships (which plenty have threatened this afternoon) I say good riddance because they're not true supporters of the club. But you're right, I welcome all supporters who want to buy memberships and then microwave their cards - this is the level of intelligent supporter we need.

Today they not plan to and im sure if they see good riddance they may say stuff you but if they get over the sacking they may still renew in a few weeks. people get over things bloody quickly especially if they arent told to piss off.[/quote]

Yeah, because they'll all listen to me. Okay, just go with the last bit "now is the time to stick by the club." Is that okay, or is that bad too?[/quote]

Thats fine and when I said being told to piss off I didnt mean you but if many feel the same as you it wont help the club. Its 4 hours after a guy was sacked. Just give people a chance to be pissed off. Im not but many would be.

Darth Vader
Club Player

[Yeah, because they'll all listen to me. Okay, just go with the last bit "now is the time to stick by the club." Is that okay, or is that bad too?[/quote]

Thats fine and when I said being told to piss off I didnt mean you but if many feel the same as you it wont help the club. Its 4 hours after a guy was sacked. Just give people a chance to be pissed off. Im not but many would be.[/quote]

Fair enough. I'm also not pissed off, probably because I'm old and remember much worse times. Being on the bottom of the ladder and sacking coaches is normal operating procedure for the Saints I grew up with and we always survive.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Darth Vader wrote:
<snip> Being on the bottom of the ladder and sacking coaches is normal operating procedure for the Saints I grew up with and we always survive.
which is exactly why people dont join up :idea:
and you want to get rid of "them"

Seeya
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Harden up everyone, in a few months you'll barely remember who Watters was...

They obviously couldn't announce it earlier or hadn't decided.

Stick with the club.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Mine rolls over automatically, so I'm in for more hell before heaven.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintact7
Club Player

You do sometimes ask yourself "why do I put myself through the agony of supporting the Saints?" And I wrote a couple of emails in the past few weeks asking the club why, in the face of what appeared to be discontent, and some questionable list management decisions,I should renew my (long-term) membership.

Got no answer of course except for Pelchen's letter to members as obviously many had expressed similar views.

However, when I got my membership renewal in the post yesterday I fill it in and had sent it back within the hour.

Of course, you can't abandon your club. I've been married 38 years but have supported the Saints for longer.

Besides don't want laser removal of the Saints emblem tattooed on my arm!

All of you stick with the Saints!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Upgraded 3 memberships to reserved seats tonight.

I was surprised that they called me at 7:15 on a Friday night.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
loris
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
slider wrote:Renewed just before, i support St Kilda FC, those that want to rip it up and tear it up go follow someone else.
Exactly. We have always either been a rabble off field or in transition to that state. That's part of being a Sainter!
Spot on "saintspremiers". It's just the cross we have to bare, being a Saints supporters.

Those that don't understand the theory of history repeating itself..............no nuffin' .........as far as the Saints are concerned.

Onward and upward from here eh? At least until the next hiccup, which will occur again and again with regular monotony :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

all evening hte song title that has come to mind has been

" and the beat goes on'

tried to find a beating heart animation in red white and black but someone may ( pwoit)

it has come to me as the evening wears on that maybe its like ripping of a bandaid-- do it quick-- as I read somewhere amongst all the written word on here-- within days it will beover and the debate in media will be who---
in 5 days some players ( including those already been seen at the club- or leaving it as Terry was) will be back in full swing -)

then it will be back to draft etc...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bergsone
SS Life Member

A Sainter,yesterday,today,and tomorrow ..................just the way I am,take it or leave it :!:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I AM A SAINTER! UNCONDITIONALLY!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
sainterinsydney
Club Player

How can people be despondent regarding the decision? Watters was obviously a disaster--players, coaches, admin stuff, board were all fed up with him. This is a god send, and we will be much better for it!

andrewg
Club Player

This is all very well but I have said in another thread

Why would the 'average' member sign up?
We have been a mess since the Lovett saga...year after year and for many they have had enough. No major sponsor? No coach list goes on.......they just can't expect people to part with their money for a club which is perceived as a rabble.....not the most positive post but is it reality?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I automatically renewed and happy to remain a member but if someone wants to opt out because of what has transpired over the last 4 years or whatever I wouldn't blame them at all; it's their choice.

Blind loyalty gives me the sh!ts!

We're not children and it's not 1956.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St Lenny
Club Player

I'm not always happy with my husband, but that doesn't mean I'm going to leave :) Automatic renewal for me :)

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I automatically renewed and happy to remain a member but if someone wants to opt out because of what has transpired over the last 4 years or whatever I wouldn't blame them at all; it's their choice.

Blind loyalty gives me the sh!ts!

We're not children and it's not 1956.
Well put, Pav.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

In about 5 years we'll have a pretty good team. Rolls around quicker than you think, especially as you get older! My membership will be as per usual.