Other considerations now Watters is gone..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Other considerations now Watters is gone..

Colorado - is it still going ahead? Watters was keen to bring this experience across from Collingwood, however with his departure, does the trip continue? A new coach may have a different opinion. Personally, I'm sure there would be benefits from training at high altitude, however couldn't we simply train at Falls Creek? It seems like an over expensive exercise.

Drafting - If Mark Williams is appointed, does this mean Scharenberg or Aish are back in the frame at pick # 3? I assume he would have connections to them from SA.

Retention of Micale & McPhee - To me, they always seemed like Watters' mates, do they stay around now he's gone?

howlinwolf
Club Player

Re: Other considerations now Watters is gone..

I've been wondering about Colorado myself. they said it was costing around 400K and that's about the amount we burnt this week.
However it would be a good bonding trip for the new guys. Also a show of faith from the club to the players regarding our future. I.E not all doom and gloom.
It's an interesting question.

Second point is also interesting although I'm not sure Choco would have anymore info on those SA boys ? Maybe he has.
If we did get one I'd think Choco could be the right man to help with any homesickness.

Thirdly, i wouldn't be surprised to see a total cleanout. After what's gone down it could be the best. How much that costs and whether the kitty is empty is another a set of questions....

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
oldie60
Club Player

If we are to believe the club direction these issues should depend on Chris Pelchen as he supposedly heads our football department.Most new coaches would like to bring in people they can work with but again it should all depend on Pelchen and the new coach accepting his direction.If the remaining guys are SW mates you would think that as a matter of principal its best they quit but i'm more inclined to think its the closest they can get to a good AFL job so they may hang on or the club just could'nt afford to terminate two or three more contracts that would take it to just under a million dollars in pay outs.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Colorado was a serious point of contention between Watters and Nettlefold. Wouldn't surprise me considering the club's financial situation. i always thought is was a ridiculous amount of money to spend on something that has lille gain for the players. Better to spend half that money sending players to Hyperbaric chambers once a fortnight.