What Are The Odds?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: What Are The Odds?

Eastern wrote:My "Inside" info suggests that Choco should now be around about $1.05 !!
As in Saintsational info?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Get Tudor with Choco

“Yeah….nah””
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Who will be sacked next!

Worrying that people on here are looking to recruit a coach who is on good terms with der furher, Pelchen.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:Who will be sacked next!

Worrying that people on here are looking to recruit a coach who is on good terms with der furher, Pelchen.

Isnt that a good thing?

Kickit
Club Player

OK the club should send a rep down to the bookie, and put a million on one of the 12:1 coaches, then appoint them.

If the bookies want to be stupid enough to place bets on this sort of stuff.

slider
Club Player

Kickit wrote:OK the club should send a rep down to the bookie, and put a million on one of the 12:1 coaches, then appoint them.

If the bookies want to be stupid enough to place bets on this sort of stuff.
Try again, the Maximum payout with the AFL is $500, so it cant and never will happen.

spert
Saintsational Legend

It would be bleedin' obvious by now that any prospective coach will be working under the direction of Pelchin, just like any club where the football director oversees the whole system...so the coach needs to have no issues with that arrangement.
Williams- done it all, premiership coach, but might not want to work under strict direction and might want a free hand in what goes on as part of the deal?
R Harvey- seems a good assistant coach, but I think he lacks media smarts or savvy and may not sell himself well enough in front of the cameras..important these days

I prefer someone like Ayres who was keen on the gig last time..successful VFL coach, former AFL coach..might have learnt a bit since his first coaching stints. surprised he is not up in the odds.

slider
Club Player

Ayres? I was chatting to his sister the other day and she knowes nought about nuthin and doesnt want to know, the best way to be i think.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
slider
Club Player

And this has to do with the odds on a new coach?

spert
Saintsational Legend

slider wrote:Ayres? I was chatting to his sister the other day and she knowes nought about nuthin and doesnt want to know, the best way to be i think.
So his sister is not interested in the job? I guess that narrows the odds down a bit 8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

slider wrote:
And this has to do with the odds on a new coach?
you posted before i had finished mine..

these words....".All hypotheticals now, of course. But the shenanigans of recent times have underlined again the special sort of resilience it requires to be the senior coach of the St Kilda Football Club.

A strength of character which can adequately withstand the push and pull of the various factions and power blocs within the club.

A club whose culture is always seemingly just one incident away from bubbling over and enveloping everyone in a seething, swirling rip, Watters merely the latest casualty towed out to sea."...to me means,that banger should be the favorite....

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

Isnt that a good thing?
If Pelchen is steering this club to disaster, which it looks like he is with his crap drafting and getting rid of two coaches, then no it isn't.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Isnt that a good thing?
If Pelchen is steering this club to disaster, which it looks like he is with his crap drafting and getting rid of two coaches, then no it isn't.

Who is the crap drafting?

slider
Club Player

Of course its going to take someone special, someone who walks in and says my way or the highway, but has a helping hand when someones in need, approachable and can be looked up to as the leader.

Its Banger for mine as well, but the rumour mill is all over Choco and some other media report saying Bang hasnt even been approached, to me the latter reads the journo has no idea hes just making up headlines.

I hope they plug the holes in the leaks as well and whoever is doing it gets the shaft pronto. I know some disgruntled ex players have a bit to say but they wouldnt be privvy to whats going on today, or maybe they are?.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Ratten, Primus, Voss, Buckley...

Lets not go there with Harvey unless he is 100% the best person for the job.

slider
Club Player

dragit wrote:Ratten, Primus, Voss, Buckley...

Everyones going to have a fav, i dont know anyone on here who knows how good Banger is as a coach,
except maybe the Collingwood mid-field and the club itself. If hes ready and ripe to go i am in, if hes not i like the idea of Choc because he takes no prisoners.

I also only want the person who is 100% the best person for the job, i never warmed to cuddles and didnt like his appointment, but i thought the club did its due diligence and picked the right bloke. So what would i know other than the hearsay and innuendo that floats around, we will know soon enough, but i keep hearing this Choc and Banger thing working in tandem role.

Just get it over and done with :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

slider wrote:Of course its going to take someone special, someone who walks in and says my way or the highway, but has a helping hand when someones in need, approachable and can be looked up to as the leader.

Its Banger for mine as well, but the rumour mill is all over Choco and some other media report saying Bang hasnt even been approached, to me the latter reads the journo has no idea hes just making up headlines.
i'm with you mate...all the way...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

banger, way way better option than the four dipsticks you mention.three failed coaches, and one about to fail...give figjam two years tops.....then he will be just another sacked coach....banger is not a member of that club.... :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

banger, way way better option than the four dipsticks you mention.three failed coaches, and one about to fail...give figjam two years tops.....then he will be just another sacked coach....banger is not a member of that club.... :wink:

I think you are missing his point completely.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Oh dear, and I thought after the Saints finished with that betting mob as a sponsor................ we would be rid of all this betting and odds crapola that permeates through footy talk these days...................... silly, naïve me.

Now what are the 'odds' that there will soon posts for?

Odds on us talking Brendan Fevola into nominating for the draft (whatever it is called) after the Christmas break and we can use our last pick to secure him to bolster our forward line. Then, no doubt, we at could get 'evens' for him kicking the first goal scored each match. Not such a long shot these days.

Long Odds on us selecting Simon Goodwin to be our coach............ he at least would have skills to impart to our younger players on how to navigate the gaming industry, utilizing friends and family members.

Odds on for "The Ox' , being our next PR/Media guru............... again this nag has form, even though (thankfully) he's been put out to pasture of late. And an upside for

saddling up with The Ox, he can mentor any players, on how to survive on little if their contract's aren't extended because they can't/wont follow Goodwin's game plan.

What a trifecta eh?????

Yes this should fill the void left for the addicted punting Saint supporter, who no longer see a betting firm's logo above our crest; thereby, satisfying the supporter who pines for a punt on all things footy????

Just a minute folks - There is a hold up at the starting gates.

There is a late betting plunge by many Sainters at the SS site.

Dean Wallis, is firming as assistant to Simon Goodwin? Yes, a favourite there amongst many Saint supporters who fondly recall the GT thoroughbred era....... Wallis' track record as an assistant at the Saints should hold him in good stead with an inside running.

Good quaddie, me thinks.??????????????

They are off and running in the "Desparado Stakes" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

:wink: :D ...you still have it loris.... :D

howlinwolf
Club Player

stinger wrote:

Although I can't speak for Ratten,Voss or Buckley personally I can however for Primus. He is not a dipstick.
I would very much doubt the other three are either.
I'm not sure what level you have risen to in life but to be an AFL coach you're not likely to be a dipstick.
All credit to you if these people are far beneath you.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
slider
Club Player

Loris..
These odds were put up as a general indicator of what the overall betting public/public and the bookmakers are thinking, its an indicator only, not a go out and have a bet thread. Bookmakers are pretty astute with their odds and dont give away money lightly, so their indicators may give us some idea as to whats going on in our coaching world. Its not a thread about betting its a thread about who our next coach may be, you never know what the bookies might hear before the general public.

loris
Saintsational Legend

slider wrote:Loris..
These odds were put up as a general indicator of what the overall betting public/public and the bookmakers are thinking, its an indicator only, not a go out and have a bet thread. Bookmakers are pretty astute with their odds and dont give away money lightly, so their indicators may give us some idea as to whats going on in our coaching world. Its not a thread about betting its a thread about who our next coach may be, you never know what the bookies might hear before the general public.
Only a joke Joyce.............. sorry no offence to you slider........... my neighbour is a bookmaker and I have a fair idea of how they operate and who they deal with with in this world in order to get their information.