Watters and Watson. History repeating?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Watters and Watson. History repeating?

Devilhead, you are a blatant liar. Don't change my posts.

So are you serious when you say you didn't start it by attacking P66?

You have hijacked the whole thread.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Devilhead, you are a blatant liar. Don't change my posts.

settle petal your idolisation of plugger make me all fuzzy inside but really he's a big boy who can handle himself and Devilhead has only made some very good points that do have plugs a tad rattled...

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

settle petal your idolisation of plugger make me all fuzzy inside but really he's a big boy who can handle himself and Devilhead has only made some very good points that do have plugs a tad rattled...
Nope. P66 can handle himself but it's really amusing that you're still stalking me after all this time. I must have really hit a nerve with you.

I was talking about this particular thread as I was looking forward to the discussion so perhaps you should follow your own advice. I couldn't give a stuff about what has happened in the past just like I couldn't give a stuff about you.

barneyboyz
Club Player

kaos theory wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Well, is anyone starting to see the parallels now?
No, you are overreacting. Its too early to draw conclusions. We are going through significant change in personnel, there are young players all over the place, without the experience and conditioning.

Also, watson had no real coaching background, watters has had a successful stint in WA and as a assistance coach in a AFL premiership winning team. He can coach, just needs time, like the team to develop over this year...

It constantly surprises me how people think the coach is the root cause of all problems in today's game. We need to move on from that limited thinking. There are so many factors at play in today's game, complexities, support staff, conditioning, planning & money.

Do you think Sir Alex Ferguson, whouyld be hailed as one of the great managers/coaches if he was only picked up by Luton Town instead of the massive resources of Man U? He would have been a nobody by now...
This! we need to hold our horses, not flog them (ala Tigers!)

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely - a few others questioned his "issues" opinion as well without receiving any answers

Given his history of "questioning" other posters opinions I saw no problem in doing the same and was disappointed given the sensitive subject matter surounding his opinion when he could not offer any rock solid reasoning regarding his stance.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bergsone
SS Life Member

Can SOMEONE please explain what these so called issues are

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Nope. P66 can handle himself but it's really amusing that you're still stalking me after all this time. I must have really hit a nerve with you.

I was talking about this particular thread as I was looking forward to the discussion so perhaps you should follow your own advice. I couldn't give a stuff about what has happened in the past just like I couldn't give a stuff about you.
Now your reverting to attacking me because I pointed out youre obvious man-crush on plugs....nothing to be ashamed about and good luck in Parliament with all the law changes....

I do think you care about me btw.....you come across as that caring/sharing type...whose just lost in a big bad internet world and desperately wants to be liked by his internet heroes..

Good luck with that.

“Yeah….nah””
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Can SOMEONE please explain what these so called issues are
Dont hold your breath

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Now your reverting to attacking me because I pointed out youre obvious man-crush on plugs....nothing to be ashamed about and good luck in Parliament with all the law changes....

I do think you care about me btw.....you come across as that caring/sharing type...whose just lost in a big bad internet world and desperately wants to be liked by his internet heroes..

Good luck with that.
Teflon you are predictable and very boring. You are also a bigot.

I really can't be arsed with you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:

Absolutely - a few others questioned his "issues" opinion as well without receiving any answers

Given his history of "questioning" other posters opinions I saw no problem in doing the same and was disappointed given the sensitive subject matter surounding his opinion when he could not offer any rock solid reasoning regarding his stance.

You obviously cant read. I said i have no reason for saying it but i did hear the older players werent happy after SW changed the direction of the club and at the time said where I got the information from. I then put 2 and 2 together and my opinion I got 4. In your opinion i could have got 8. And who cares what my opinion is. It certainly has plenty of validation if you beleive what i heard early in the season. If people dont beleive that then it probably has no validation. And Devilhead if you bothered to read WW instead of attacking my opinion then you would see he sort of agrees with me and he has contacts at the club. Well he did by all accounts. So there you go i have validated why I said it and its a lot more validation than other give on scandalous opinions but of course it isnt good enough for you. Do I care at all what you think. No but some others I do care about so hopefully they are happy with my response.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

What is the difference between these two stints?

That a decade later the concept of 'rebuild' actually exists? It didn't so in that form in the 90's...

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I'm not blaming Watters entirely. There are clearly problems in a number of areas. I too, think it's just too easy to blame the coach for everything. What I'm trying to demonstrate is that circumstances seem to be repeating themselves. Yes, Tim lost the players, but that didn't happen overnight. It all seems to be heading into disturbingly familiar territory for the saints. I fear P66 might not be far from the mark, unfortunately.

I know SW coached in the WAFL, but that is an entire universe away from the pressure cooker of the AFL. Plenty can succeed at the lower level. Not many can at the highest level. I don't know if SW will make it, but his cliche riddled, predictable responses in the media don't fill me with hope. There doesn't seem to be much innovation in his words or actions. Sounds like somebody that I used to know (sorry Gotye).
I thought I'd pull this up for a bit of a look. In this thread, P66 hinted the players were unhappy, although he didn't elaborate. I expressed an opinion that Watters cliche-riddled responses didn't fill me with confidence. Something was most definitely NQR. Can't say I'm happy that things went to sh*t, but at least we can get a fresh start. If there were rumours about unrest in June, it's little wonder we only won 3 of the first 20. Say what you will about our list, it was better than that.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I'm not blaming Watters entirely. There are clearly problems in a number of areas. I too, think it's just too easy to blame the coach for everything. What I'm trying to demonstrate is that circumstances seem to be repeating themselves. Yes, Tim lost the players, but that didn't happen overnight. It all seems to be heading into disturbingly familiar territory for the saints. I fear P66 might not be far from the mark, unfortunately.

I know SW coached in the WAFL, but that is an entire universe away from the pressure cooker of the AFL. Plenty can succeed at the lower level. Not many can at the highest level. I don't know if SW will make it, but his cliche riddled, predictable responses in the media don't fill me with hope. There doesn't seem to be much innovation in his words or actions. Sounds like somebody that I used to know (sorry Gotye).
I thought I'd pull this up for a bit of a look. In this thread, P66 hinted the players were unhappy, although he didn't elaborate. I expressed an opinion that Watters cliche-riddled responses didn't fill me with confidence. Something was most definitely NQR. Can't say I'm happy that things went to sh*t, but at least we can get a fresh start. If there were rumours about unrest in June, it's little wonder we only won 3 of the first 20. Say what you will about our list, it was better than that.
very interesting.....smoke ....fire...long before there were dwarfs

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Port have played their youth is the difference. They were s*** because of it for a long time. A young player with 6 games is not going to be as good as a guy who has 25 to 50 games.

Thats all bulls***. A s*** player with 25 games will be just as good as a s*** player with 6.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Great bump WW!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

All I can say is Im glad there are mods now. I may give myself a warning for carrying on like an idiot back then.

starsign
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:All I can say is Im glad there are mods now. I may give myself a warning for carrying on like an idiot back then.
What do mean "back then" ?
LOL just kidding!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:
plugger66 wrote:All I can say is Im glad there are mods now. I may give myself a warning for carrying on like an idiot back then.
LOL just kidding!!
no you weren't.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
starsign wrote:
LOL just kidding!!
no you weren't.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Unlike you Stinger i can laugh at myself and get it when people are joking. Anyway get stuffed starsign.

Darth Vader
Club Player

Well regardless of the reasons behind Watson's vs Watters' departures, the parallels continue in a timing sense. Watson 2 years, Watters 2 years. We will now appoint a messiah, sack him after round 15 next year, then be playing in a prelim in 2017.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

well yes there are lots of similarities to 2000/2001 .. but can certainly do without Choco getting the bullet after round 15 next year to be replaced by Andrew Thompson :oops:

anyway, it does feel like our list is going through a similar rebuild - the major difference is that I think we are getting more depth this time around and will be a more even team rather than relying on superstars.

Looking forward to getting back into a prelim in 4 years.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:well yes there are lots of similarities to 2000/2001 .. but can certainly do without Choco getting the bullet after round 15 next year to be replaced by Andrew Thompson :oops:

anyway, it does feel like our list is going through a similar rebuild - the major difference is that I think we are getting more depth this time around and will be a more even team rather than relying on superstars.

But thats only because we havent had top picks yet. There is no proof of depth yet IMO. Its just looks like most players have equal ability. Not sure that means depth.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You're actually a lot worse now; you're a lot less cantankerous.

Don't get ahead of yourself. You have a lot of work to do.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Zed wrote:well yes there are lots of similarities to 2000/2001 .. but can certainly do without Choco getting the bullet after round 15 next year to be replaced by Andrew Thompson :oops:

But thats only because we havent had top picks yet. There is no proof of depth yet IMO. Its just looks like most players have equal ability. Not sure that means depth.
I guess we will know at seasons end. The 3rd year players will be the barometer. Newnes, Webster and Ross in particular. If all have established themselves as regulars we will be in good shape. If not, then its been another false dawn and we will have to hope all of this years are stars.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.