StKFC.. The hapless 5 ring circus

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

howlinwolf
Club Player

StKFC.. The hapless 5 ring circus

This Herald Sun article seems more aimed at us than about Alan Richardson.
When it comes to the StKFC there is certainly no love lost. The feeling is mutual.

Anyway if it is to be believed we can put a line through Alan Richardson.
Maybe Choco can hold the tie up for us one day and say "Alan Richardson you we were wrong"

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/coachi ... 6753727114

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Re: StKFC.. The hapless 5 ring circus

It's that Rucci guy from Adelaide writing it. Would put a Port spin on it.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

What a shambles this two bit twat is

Especially named after a ninja turtle ... it was only a moment ago Port were sacking Primus and everyone wanted out if the so called "super Alberton" team

Short memory in this flog and he'd be getting zip from Saints in future if it were me - can u imagine Maguires reaction if a major paper called Pies a circus???? He'd go nuts...

“Yeah….nah””
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Another day another poorly written article designed to sling thinly veiled attacks at St Kilda.

It's getting laughable how many times these vultures can churn out the literary equivalent of kicking a man while he's down. The whole club seems to be taking a sit back and cop it on the chin approach which to me is gutless. The club has had some drama recently but if you just read the articles you'd think was on the verge of folding totally.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Having said all that about the article which is just a plain rubbish article we have again put ourselves in a position to have this sort of crap written about us !
Last edited by PADDLEPOP1001 on Wed 06 Nov 2013 7:18am, edited 1 time in total.

PADDLEPOP1000
felix
Club Player

Has any other team copped it in the media recently as bad as us, barring essendon .

gags

The coaching appointment will sort itself out. IMO what StK needs to address is it's home base. Is it Seaford or is it Moorabbin ?
The Seaford option, from an outsiders point of view, doesn't appear to have been a great success, in fact again if anything it's been a source of division within your club.
In particular amongst the players !! Would Moorabbin, being a more centralised location be preferable ? Is Seaford having a detrimental effect on recruiting?
I don't know how many StK players live in the Seaford area, but at a guess I'd assume not many. So longer travel time to training will always be a consideration for any player considering signing with StK.

Just sayin'.

what, me worry ?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gags wrote:The coaching appointment will sort itself out. IMO what StK needs to address is it's home base. Is it Seaford or is it Moorabbin ?
The Seaford option, from an outsiders point of view, doesn't appear to have been a great success, in fact again if anything it's been a source of division within your club.
In particular amongst the players !! Would Moorabbin, being a more centralised location be preferable ? Is Seaford having a detrimental effect on recruiting?
I don't know how many StK players live in the Seaford area, but at a guess I'd assume not many. So longer travel time to training will always be a consideration for any player considering signing with StK.

Just sayin'.

Most players now live just as close to Seaford as Moorabbin apart from the older guys who had already bought houses. Not many of those guys left though.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

surely Seaford isn't so bad? a younger player could end up in Port Adelaide, Gold Coast, Essendon, Geelong; dirty old holes really (yes even GC)
gutless piece of writing. the usual no quotes, poorly structured, 24 hour news cycle trash.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Stop bagging him.

We only have ourselves to blame.

I'm sure Richardson would've beaten the dwarf had his PowerPoint been better.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

That's just a Power propaganda piece, Rucci is to news stories what Eddie is to commentating. Both should never touch there own team.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

We may be a three ring circus but we have plenty of haps.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:named after a ninja turtle
haha

he'd be getting zip from Saints in future if it were me - can u imagine Maguires reaction if a major paper called Pies a circus???? He'd go nuts...
Well the truth hurts. Still much prefer to hear it from another Saints supporter than read it stated as fact in the paper. Let's hope the appointment of Choco is the first step in turning things around.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Having said all that about the article which is just a plain rubbish article we have again put ourselves in a position to have this sort of crap written about us !
+1

mickey muncher...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

It was only two seasons ago this was doing the rounds...
And it was believable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXatqcigUFw
The Hapless Port Adelaide.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gee Port had an awesome year last year and really performed well above anyones expectations but lets be honest its still a bit early to be frothing at the mouth about how great they are and how all their people are superstars ....

lets be honest here its easy to paint it that Richardson turned down all the coaching positions with Melb, Brissy, WCE and us and it makes the Power look like they have a committed bloke who is in demand but lets be honest Melb were only looking at Roo's they put all the eggs in that basket ... WCE job was down to three with Sumich and Burns being close but no cigar... Brissy make our situation look like a pleasure cruise so it was more of a fact getting someone to act as damage control.. for us i reckon we have a coach already earmarked hence the swiftness of the Watters sacking ... i dont think Richardson was realistically a shot at any of those jobs .. but its good spin to say he turned them down

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Teflon wrote:named after a ninja turtle
haha

he'd be getting zip from Saints in future if it were me - can u imagine Maguires reaction if a major paper called Pies a circus???? He'd go nuts...
Well the truth hurts. Still much prefer to hear it from another Saints supporter than read it stated as fact in the paper. Let's hope the appointment of Choco is the first step in turning things around.
What fact?
Just because some idiot writes it up in a paper it doesn't mean it's fact!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
noddy04
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote:It was only two seasons ago this was doing the rounds...
And it was believable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXatqcigUFw
The Hapless Port Adelaide.
I hadnt seen that before. That was fantastic. Any chance you could send it it Rucci?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

gags wrote:The coaching appointment will sort itself out. IMO what StK needs to address is it's home base. Is it Seaford or is it Moorabbin ?

Just sayin'.
Are the Essendope players leaving Essendon because they now have to travel to Tullamarine instead of their old Windy Hill dump.

You'd have to feel sorry for them, all that wear and tear on their new cars. All that wasted coffee drinking time spent on the Freeway.

Tough life being an AFL player. :roll: :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Fair hike to Waverley for the Hawks players, especially those living in trendy areas such as Docklands and Port Melbourne. Nonetheless they see no reason to change the words of their team song from "We're a happy team at Hawthorn".

We've lost BJ and NDS however it would appear both would've stayed had we really wanted them to. No suggestion they left because of Seaford. Conversely, we've had blokes nominating us as the club they'd like to play for.

IMO, the Seaford issue is much bigger among supporters than it is among the players. Some just can't seem to get over the fact the team moved away from their beloved Moorabbin home.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Speaking of being a circus, read this tripe..

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/lessons-for ... fault.aspx

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Just sayin'.
Who do you barrack for gags?

seano1
Club Player

i think the senior coach at port has more to do with their improvement.......not the ass