I'm speechless

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm speechless

saintspremiers wrote:Agree we are a joke.

Stuff defending our reputation

why??

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Middo wrote:Bloke hasn't been officially appointed and the normal knockers are already canning the club (BM). I think the club has made the best choice moving forward . Let's pass judgement in 3 years time instead of having a crack now , I think with the likes of Andrew Thompson & Burkey on the board with the new Pres we will get it right IMO .. good luck Richo !!!!
Lets face it, 90% of this place said the same thing about Scott Watters. But for me, I have lost faith with the board.

Why?
Clearly we wanted Choco thought we had him and lost him at the Eleventh hour. Exactly like the Lyon situation, just played out differently.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

REALLY? "clearly"? Well that sorts out the reasoning behind it all, I guess we can all relax now. :wink: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
St.Roly
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Clearly we wanted Choco thought we had him and lost him at the Eleventh hour.
Do you have any evidence at all to support that assertion?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

If Burke, Thompson and co. are responsible for another eff up then they should go and die.

It is probably a really poor way to look at it however that is where I am at personally with the running of the football club.

Too many poor decisions made too often by leaders that are apparently meant to get things right more often than not.

That being stated, like Watters, I don't know s*** about Richardson so I guess...here we go again?

Darth Vader
Club Player

The Redeemer wrote:If Burke, Thompson and co. are responsible for another eff up then they should go and die.

It is probably a really poor way to look at it however that is where I am at personally with the running of the football club.

Too many poor decisions made too often by leaders that are apparently meant to get things right more often than not.

That being stated, like Watters, I don't know s*** about Richardson so I guess...here we go again?
Death is too good for them. Clearly need to be tortured first. Not as if they've ever done anything for St Kilda. :roll:

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Agree we are a joke.

Stuff defending our reputation
Clearly we wanted Choco thought we had him and lost him at the Eleventh hour. Exactly like the Lyon situation, just played out differently.[/quote]

What did we do wrong?

We or the club??

and how do you know?

did Choco turn the club down?

All I say that if this goes pear shaped then the Saints will truly be cooked.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
Middo wrote:Bloke hasn't been officially appointed and the normal knockers are already canning the club (BM). I think the club has made the best choice moving forward . Let's pass judgement in 3 years time instead of having a crack now , I think with the likes of Andrew Thompson & Burkey on the board with the new Pres we will get it right IMO .. good luck Richo !!!!
He has been officially appointed.
Announcement tomorrow.
And glad you are on board with Burkey & Thommo!
The same blokes that delivered you Watters.
Richardson might turn out be better than Lyon.
I hope he is.
But we have turned down a premiership coach for an untried coach so he better be good.
And don't buy into this bulls*** about Choco only wanted a 5 year deal.
It is completely untrue.
Got a feeling we'll be saying "should've got Choco" this time next year

Nee!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SP "Stuff defending our reputation"....speaks volumes mate; speaks volumes! About how to support the club. But hey, everyone has the right to an opinion. Just think you're a wee bit too ready to drop the bundle (IMHO of course)

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Richardson has to be doing good work behind the scenes because the records of the teams he's been at has been pretty mediocre. He was at Carlton under Ratten; Essendon under Knights; Collingwood under Malthouse before they got back to the top-4; Bulldogs before that. Not that every new coach has to be an assistant plucked from a GF team the way our last two were, but even still, that's pretty uninspiring. Best candidate out there? I'll be really interested to see why.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

'cause Finey told me!

Middo
Club Player

fugazi wrote:
jaxons wrote:
He has been officially appointed.
Announcement tomorrow.
And glad you are on board with Burkey & Thommo!
The same blokes that delivered you Watters.
Richardson might turn out be better than Lyon.
I hope he is.
But we have turned down a premiership coach for an untried coach so he better be good.
And don't buy into this bulls*** about Choco only wanted a 5 year deal.
It is completely untrue.
Got a feeling we'll be saying "should've got Choco" this time next year
Why ..? Would Choco have us in the top 4 ...we need time and patience and I'm sure the board know what their doing ..
We have been up and about the last 10 years and still we are not happy , I'm ready to reload and have another crack over the next 5 years ..

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

"It is believed he was guaranteed the senior position without having a formal interview, such is the urgency of the Saints to fill the role." -http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/a ... gQB7q.dpuf

That quote, if true, just makes this out to be shambles and this club needs a huge kick up the ass..

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
TwoTowers
Club Player

Happy with Richardson. Years of coaching experience. If we make only 25% as much progress as Port did this year then we'll be on the right track. Port certainly didn't want to lose him and it looks like the board trumped them. Whats the big deal about Mark Williams? He wasn't good enough to be the next GWS coach even though he had the inside running, and probably no longer has the drive for success that we need. I've dealt with Williams and I can verify that he ain't the messiah.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

It's easy to critisize when you don't know the facts. Maybe Williams showed that he didn't really want to do the job. He could have always been the wrong guy. Who's to know unless you were in the inner sanctum, so why all the ranting? Personally I would have preferred if he got the job but something obviously wasn't right. If Richardson turns out to be a dud then we clearly should have an issue with the "process"

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

TwoTowers wrote:Happy with Richardson. Years of coaching experience. If we make only 25% as much progress as Port did this year then we'll be on the right track. Port certainly didn't want to lose him and it looks like the board trumped them. Whats the big deal about Mark Williams? He wasn't good enough to be the next GWS coach even though he had the inside running, and probably no longer has the drive for success that we need. I've dealt with Williams and I can verify that he ain't the messiah.
Yeah and you choose to not see Alans side of things.. Alan wasn't good enough to coach us after Ross Lyon, and not to mention the countless of other clubs..

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
brewski
Club Player

this board is totally piss weak we just got watters version 2, Another malthouse clone no personality, very sad day imho had choco and let him go
total BS if we wanted untried coach coming in , should have been harves, he is our blood ffs, really pissed now

Banned by the censors
brewski
Club Player

was so excited by our re-build now just feeling really flat, feel the club has gone the "cheap" option on our future. wtf is going on down there??

Banned by the censors
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

brewski wrote:this board is totally piss weak we just got watters version 2, Another malthouse clone no personality, very sad day imho had choco and let him go
total BS if we wanted untried coach coming in , should have been harves, he is our blood ffs, really pissed now
Yes it sounds like you're pissed.
There's a lot of speculation on this thread being passed off as fact and then being used to bag the club and the 'process'.
Nobody on here knows the true details of what happened.
Nobody on here knows why Williams missed out or if he would have been a better choice.

Time will tell. In the meantime we have a lot of quality young guys, hopefully three more to come at the draft and a new coach with a lot of experience.
I'm feeling positive about our re-build.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:
brewski wrote:this board is totally piss weak we just got watters version 2, Another malthouse clone no personality, very sad day imho had choco and let him go
Yes it sounds like you're pissed.
There's a lot of speculation on this thread being passed off as fact and then being used to bag the club and the 'process'.
Nobody on here knows the true details of what happened.
Nobody on here knows why Williams missed out or if he would have been a better choice.

Time will tell. In the meantime we have a lot of quality young guys, hopefully three more to come at the draft and a new coach with a lot of experience.
I'm feeling positive about our re-build.
Quite right!

karnaby
Club Player

I had grown to like the idea of Williams being our coach. I could certainly see that having a mature, proven person in the job had obvious benefits. I guess I'd found a way to welcome the idea that he was a bit different and to overlook what looked like it was going to be a dodgy process to appoint him, especially given his early anointment by some.
Now it looks like it is going to be see ya later Choco, welcome Richo. Good luck. There's a good chance that the next couple of years could well provide a pretty rocky road so you'll probably need it.
As to the anger directed at the board, I think that is premature. It could easily be 1, 2, 3+ seasons before we can start to assess how successful the new coach is. Until then I'm going to join the glass half full mob and hope for the best.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:SP "Stuff defending our reputation"....speaks volumes mate; speaks volumes! About how to support the club. But hey, everyone has the right to an opinion. Just think you're a wee bit too ready to drop the bundle (IMHO of course)
each to their own. But please listen to others who have the inside word like Jaxsons.

This blind faith you have in our administration is a worry.

Of course I'll support the Club. Doesn't mean I support idiots that run it at times.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Lets face it, 90% of this place said the same thing about Scott Watters. But for me, I have lost faith with the board.

Clearly we wanted Choco thought we had him and lost him at the Eleventh hour. Exactly like the Lyon situation, just played out differently.

Maybe we wanted Choco because we thought Richo wasn't available.

Maybe we wanted Choco until he presented something that really worried the panel?

Maybe we wanted Choco until Richo presented a view that really impressed the panel?

Maybe we wanted Choco because that's what the media and SS said - I am not sure the club ever said it?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:SP "Stuff defending our reputation"....speaks volumes mate; speaks volumes! About how to support the club. But hey, everyone has the right to an opinion. Just think you're a wee bit too ready to drop the bundle (IMHO of course)
each to their own. But please listen to others who have the inside word like Jaxsons.

This blind faith you have in our administration is a worry.

Of course I'll support the Club. Doesn't mean I support idiots that run it at times.
No offence to Jaxon but he is not the only one with "the inside word".

starsign
Club Player

Eastern wrote:jaxons is speechless. I'm confused. How is a "True Vermont Man" supposed to embrace an East Burwood man? :? :wink: !!
How would any Ormond boy know ay Plugs ? ( wink wink )