For he's (not) a Jolly good fellow?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: For he's (not) a Jolly good fellow?

Never thought Id say it - but for once I side with the Pies.
Jolly is a real knob. Found his away in to two premiership sides. Champs like Lenny will never get one. Some blokes like Robbie Flower hardly played a final.
Jolly should wake up every morning and thank the footy gods. Every extra season beyond 30 should be seen as a privilege not a right.
Bucks has handled this with class I have to say.

Superstar
Club Player

Fidelis wrote:Interesting to me that while The Age runs an article this morning detailing Jolly's criticism of Buckley including this quote:

''Just the excuses he gave me in that meeting were all bulls*** and that was the hardest thing to stomach, that he was a coward, really. We had a problem. He had an issue with me and I had an issue with him. And I'm not the only one. There's a lot of players there that are in that same boat" http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... z2lsR2ZXWe

Yet the Herald Sun, which also runs an article on Jolly, relates nothing of his spat with Buckley.

Either The Age have a scoop or the suspicion that the HS is Eddy's mouthpiece has just grown

Jolly works for The Age.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Pretty clear that Pelchin and probably Richo don't want delisted old players at the end of their career for any reason- Jolly is past it by a long way.
one of thomas' better ideas was not to recruit anyone who was not capable of playing 100 games for the club.....that alone would rule out knobs like the former filth ruckman....even if his knee wasn't stuffed.....a case of buyer beware here......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
spert wrote:Pretty clear that Pelchin and probably Richo don't want delisted old players at the end of their career for any reason- Jolly is past it by a long way.
one of thomas' better ideas was not to recruit anyone who was not capable of playing 100 games for the club.....that alone would rule out knobs like the former filth ruckman....even if his knee wasn't stuffed.....a case of buyer beware here......

How do you know Weller isnt a knob? There could be plenty of knobs at our club or there could be none. If we use this board to work out a knob percentage then there would be quite a few at every club.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:one of thomas' better ideas was not to recruit anyone who was not capable of playing 100 games for the club.....that alone would rule out knobs like the former filth ruckman....even if his knee wasn't stuffed.....a case of buyer beware here......

How do you know Weller isnt a knob? There could be plenty of knobs at our club or there could be none. If we use this board to work out a knob percentage then there would be quite a few at every club.
Well I know he's no longer with us but I believe Dal was quite low down in the knob scale.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Given where we were as side it was a smart policy but one that would have been adjusted as we got closer to a grand final.
The recruitment of Gardiner and King helped us 2009. Neither of those players were capable of playing 100 games at the club.

You need to have the right mix with recruitment and drafting. Geelong and Sydney seem to have got it correct for the most part.
Voss got it horribly wrong at Brisbane. As did Tim Watson with us.

That being said, the fact that we were even entertaining the notion of drafting Jolly was a cause for concern.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Id rather a young uninjured knob to an old potentially injured knob.
- unless were contending for a flag. But at this stage of our list transition - all Jolly would be doing is taking games from a youngster. Adds no value.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Id rather a young uninjured knob to an old potentially injured knob.
- unless were contending for a flag. But at this stage of our list transition - all Jolly would be doing is taking games from a youngster. Adds no value.

So would I and i never wanted Jolly and said it many times but the reason I didnt want him is because we have enough rucks not because he is a knob. We may have enough of them as well. None of us would probably know.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Id rather a young uninjured knob to an old potentially injured knob.

So would I and i never wanted Jolly and said it many times but the reason I didnt want him is because we have enough rucks not because he is a knob. We may have enough of them as well. None of us would probably know.
But he put his knobiness on display in The Age!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But he put his knobiness on display in The Age!

Because he is a real knob who has a contract with the age to be a knob. If sam Fisher does anymore of those sideways V he could enter the knob club.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:one of thomas' better ideas was not to recruit anyone who was not capable of playing 100 games for the club.....that alone would rule out knobs like the former filth ruckman....even if his knee wasn't stuffed.....a case of buyer beware here......

Well I know he's no longer with us but I believe Dal was quite low down in the knob scale.

:wink: :wink: :wink: ....little knob one might say..... :twisted:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
stinger wrote:
Given where we were as side it was a smart policy but one that would have been adjusted as we got closer to a grand final.
The recruitment of Gardiner and King helped us 2009. Neither of those players were capable of playing 100 games at the club.

You need to have the right mix with recruitment and drafting. Geelong and Sydney seem to have got it correct for the most part.
Voss got it horribly wrong at Brisbane. As did Tim Watson with us.

That being said, the fact that we were even entertaining the notion of drafting Jolly was a cause for concern.
you are quite right....this time... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:you are quite right....this time... :wink: :wink: :wink:
I'm always right... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
stinger wrote:you are quite right....this time... :wink: :wink: :wink:
I'm always right... :wink:

:wink:

oldie60
Club Player

Clearly demonstrated that the game was and always will be about him. How dare a professional footballer who was so fortunate to have been part of some special moments/times and payed handsomely to boot be so critical. Bucks could have, no should have ended his career a couple of years ago.How many footballers are told their time is up, yeah sure its hard to accept but for Jolly having spent most part of the year with a bad knee it was the reality that there comes a time. Rather being a bitter and twisted individual he should celebrate his achievements and be remembered as a dual premiership ruckman who played for his team instead of being seen as complete flog. I am so glad we did'nt take him as he would be the last person i would want to mentor some of our youngsters. Shite, you might have to get a job now that no one wants your great leadership qualities. NOT.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

"Weller said he was disappointed with his season but felt injury had contributed to his demise at the Suns.

"I feel like when I was playing I was a lot more confident in my ability, I saw the game a lot better, but I just couldn’t get out on the park," he said."

...mav on leaving the suns...now if jolly has said something similar......... :roll:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hang on.... I was reliably informed on here....

That he was not a moron?

I beg to differ though... And stand by it

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hang on.... I was reliably informed on here....

That he was not a moron?

I beg to differ though... And stand by it

Who said that? Who even knows the guy? Why do you make up things to try and prove you are right? I have no idea what you think you are even right about. Tommy ledger isnt sure you are right to often.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

He said Buckley is a coward and the players don't like him........

I like the guy. :)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

interesting use of the word ' tripe' at the end of this interview
https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=ht ... s/49334908

any was wrapping it up and asking for a comment on Tim with his leaving tomorrow.
before he had even said any word about Tim, Nathan suggests to Andy he doen't know who is talking more 'tripe'-- given he had yet to say anything about Tim_ my cynical self thought-- so what you've been 'playing the media good guy' for the last 8 mintues is all tripe?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
rodrocket
Club Player

Have a friend who is a Swannies supporter, who said she hoped that we didn't take him on in any capacity as he was full of himself and spoke out when he shouldv'e kept quiet. A dangerous person with a microphone around. Then, apparently there was Mrs. J who pushed him to say things about his club. She was delighted Jolly went to collingwood. Looks like the saints heard the "jungle drums" thank God.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Lucky for hindsight?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

TOny Shaw on 3aw tonight said he should be angry at the Saints and the Bombers for not taking him not Collingwood! Where is the massive eye roll emoticon?????

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

People who get rejected at job interviews don't do what Jolly does. You just accept it and move on.
I hate the Filth, and Figjam, but Jolly is so full of himself, the bumbers would have been ideal for his brand of arrogance :P

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Ridiculous way to conduct himself. Acted like my 13 year old step son when he is told to go to turn off his video games and go to bed. Should have taken his disappointment like a man but instead he decided to make a total ass of himself in the newspaper. Really dumb move if he ever hopes to get a job in footy again. even if Buckley might be a coward and there might be an internal rift at Collingwood it's not his business to air that to the public especially as an ex-player he just looks like he cracked the s***s and had a little sook. Not a good look at all.

I thought Pelchan made a clear and concise point about why we went with Weller and I totally agree with the decision. With Hickey, Longer, Stanley, Pierce and Holmes do we really need another ruckman? Let alone a 30+ year old with a dodgy body? Weller is a player in a position we need and an age bracket we need plus he has been training with us day in day out and had an opportunity to show he was worth a spot on the list. What was Jolly doing apart from having a whinge in the papers? The club is being very smart with recruiting and drafting and this is further evidence we are heading down the right path. Well done Saints

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum