Saints and Stones

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints and Stones

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Now, let's all be completely honest here - The Rolling Stones' last decent record was released in 1981. Mind you, that one was a far cry from matching their best material from the 60's.

Not interested in 70 year old grandads milking it for what it's worth. Not to mention, none of them couldn't give a flying duck about Australian Rules Football.
Sacrilege! I gather you refer to Tattoo You and admittedly the next two weren't great. Then Steel Wheels was decent, Voodoo Lounge brilliant (arguably better than Tattoo), Bridges To Babylon excellent and A Bigger Bang quite good. Don't listen to music critics who know nothing. There are many contemporary acts that would do well (if they could) to make an album as good as Voodoo Lounge or Bridges To Babylon.
Their last good album was Goats Head Soup 40 years ago. A couple of good songs since, like Far Away Eyes and Start Me Up and that's about it.
You can't begrudge them milking it for all it's worth. If people want to pay a gorilla each to see them drool on themselves, then why not take it? Beats the crap out of Phil Collins!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Beekay
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote: Their last good album was Goats Head Soup 40 years ago. A couple of good songs since, like Far Away Eyes and Start Me Up and that's about it.

There's a lot of average stuff after their golden era (which was LIVE with one MICK TAYLOR ripping melodic solos to the outer stratosphere), but plenty of good
tracks.

Once Taylor left, they didn't have that extra level in them, combined with Keith's heroin habbit truly kicking in and Jagger's turning into an extreme, coked-up, characterture of himself.

Slave, for instance, I find a better track than Start Me Up (off the Tattoo album).

Then the album that came next, Undercover, had tracks like 'It Must Be Hell' and 'Too tough', which sound great blasted through a good system.

Then some solid more rocky songs sprinkled throughout plenty of albums through to today.

Nothing epic like what they were producing between 69-74, but still plenty of decent tracks. Then saying that, no studio album of the Stones does them justice to the blistering live gigs they were doing in the early 70s.

!! skip to 7 minutes in if you wanna get wild haha

Beekay
SS Life Member

And young Taylor letting it rip from 2:05

brings a tear to the eye!

Taylor is my hero when it comes to rock n roll! And him joining 'em on this tour is just MUSIC to my ears.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Anyone going to the Lionel Ritchie-Johnny Farnham gig?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)