Amusing Watters story

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Amusing Watters story

Maybe the bag was in the car in the Coles car park?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Playon
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Playon wrote:
saintsrus wrote:Sounds like he had no respect or wasnt a figure of authority when your "work mates" do that type of stuff
The writing may of been on the wall for quite some time with the playing group.
I'd imagine if it had of been someone like Malthouse he would of had them doing laps while slowly looking for the bag.
But to hold Malthouse up as a paragon of coaching excellence is a bit rich. :roll:
Sorry I missed that part in my post. Let me explain. Malthouse, hard line coach who seems to have a temper. Now I could be wrong and he's a cuddly sort of guy. I could name several others if you prefer?

Playon
Club Player

stinger wrote:that's a bit sad really......a coach...and a short arse at that......being bullied by his much bigger players......maybe there was something in that dwarf story after all...... :cry:
Well the only thing I can say for sure is that the playing group were happy enough to pull a practical joke on him, and he was simply out looking for his bag :) He wasn't upset or anything.

The dwarf story I'd lay odds on who it was supposed to be (if thats what you mean)

Playon
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:was it a respectful laugh though

Saints players used to openly take the pi$$ out of Ross Lyon's man love for Lenny Hayes - was all in good spirits though I always thought

Did it come across as though our players didn't respect RL?

Wouldn't have thought so

Exactly. i think the Hawks players moved Clarkson car once and they also call him a midget. doesnt seem the effect the relationship. Footy clubs play jokes on each other all the time and even the coach. Trying to compare a footy club even with how professional they are to say a school is very silly. Students could get to see the prank if a teacher did it to a head master. That wouldnt be a good look but at a footy club there are no students.
Not everyone finds practical jokes funny. One of my mates fell asleep in our bean bag once, so we sewed him to it. When he tried to get up in the morning he was wrestling with it. It was the funniest thing i've seen in a long time.
But boy was he p/off when he woke up enough to realize what was going on.

Then there was another mate who again fell asleep on another night, out came the big black texta. He had black glasses drawn on with several markings. Anyway when he woke up we went to Safeway and he was having a top day, people were smiling at him, laughing at his jokes etc but again boy was he p/off when we got home and found out.

Had the tables been reversed I wouldn't of cared less, and don't know what all the fuss was about :)

We were around the same age as the footy players at the time

As far a SW is concerned something happened between bags and dwarfs

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:was it a respectful laugh though

Saints players used to openly take the pi$$ out of Ross Lyon's man love for Lenny Hayes - was all in good spirits though I always thought

Did it come across as though our players didn't respect RL?

Wouldn't have thought so

Exactly. i think the Hawks players moved Clarkson car once and they also call him a midget. doesnt seem the effect the relationship. Footy clubs play jokes on each other all the time and even the coach. Trying to compare a footy club even with how professional they are to say a school is very silly. Students could get to see the prank if a teacher did it to a head master. That wouldnt be a good look but at a footy club there are no students.
Not everyone finds practical jokes funny. One of my mates fell asleep in our bean bag once, so we sewed him to it. When he tried to get up in the morning he was wrestling with it. It was the funniest thing i've seen in a long time.
But boy was he p/off when he woke up enough to realize what was going on.

Then there was another mate who again fell asleep on another night, out came the big black texta. He had black glasses drawn on with several markings. Anyway when he woke up we went to Safeway and he was having a top day, people were smiling at him, laughing at his jokes etc but again boy was he p/off when we got home and found out.

Had the tables been reversed I wouldn't of cared less, and don't know what all the fuss was about :)

We were around the same age as the footy players at the time

As far a SW is concerned something happened between bags and dwarfs
That reminds me of a guy I saw on the way to work when I was younger who's mates had I assume given him a bucks night prank by handcuffing him naked to a pole outside Luna parkwith a an aluminium foil head dress with a large cucumber taped to his forehead and I clothing excet socks. It seemed to attract about6 very amused police and a fire crew to free him. It was super creative.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

During my wrestling days pranks like that happened every now and again. Cutting bootlaces so they'd snap, putting eggs in boots, hiding bags, off color jokes about mothers, putting signs on each others backs, switching entrance music to "Its raining men" and other (mostly) harmless stuff went on in the locker room.

However those pranks were never played on senior members of the group and never ever on trainers/bookers/the bloke running the show. It's a respect/fear thing. Seems to me that maybe the players considered Watters one of the boys and not above pranking. Speaks volumes to me

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:During my wrestling days pranks like that happened every now and again. Cutting bootlaces so they'd snap, putting eggs in boots, hiding bags, off color jokes about mothers, putting signs on each others backs, switching entrance music to "Its raining men" and other (mostly) harmless stuff went on in the locker room.

However those pranks were never played on senior members of the group and never ever on trainers/bookers/the bloke running the show. It's a respect/fear thing. Seems to me that maybe the players considered Watters one of the boys and not above pranking. Speaks volumes to me

BANG BANG
i remember an incident when i was in the scouts....we were camping up where the yarra starts....snakes everywhere......one guy ran into the water trying to avoid a big tiger snake.....it went in after him...someone killed it...later it turned up in the bottom of a guy's sleeping bag....he came out of it as like he had been shot from a cannon......very funny ..to all but the victim...and the poor dead snake..... :D :D :D :D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Got above photo from a photo gallery of us after the '09 GF loss... worth looking at if you enjoy reliving pain: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/ph ... 669?page=1

sorry cant resist posting this

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Mrs Watters is probably the only one going forward willing to touch his bag

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:Got above photo from a photo gallery of us after the '09 GF loss... worth looking at if you enjoy reliving pain: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/ph ... 669?page=1

sorry cant resist posting this
Self-flagellation?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!