swan new CEO ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: swan new CEO ?

saintspremiers wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:What about Jeff?
Adrian Anderson IMHO would be terrible. Came across as the second least competent official the AFL has ever had.

And your suggesting Jeff Gieschen!
Agree re AA he's useless.

Nope, I meant Jeff Kennett. On a 6 month mission like what the Dees got with their interim CEO.

We are an administrative basket case close to being on life support AFL-style it seems so would be a good tactic.

We need a hands on CEO not a President or figure head.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Legendary wrote:We have an excellent candidate in the frame but he is unavailable for another few months due to his current position.

The name has not been mentioned in this thread yet. My mail is that we are likely to appoint him close to the middle of the year - so there might be some smoke and mirrors in the interim.
It's Doug Hawkins isn't it?

Close. It's Warrick Capper.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
dragit wrote:
Legendary wrote:We have an excellent candidate in the frame but he is unavailable for another few months due to his current position.

The name has not been mentioned in this thread yet. My mail is that we are likely to appoint him close to the middle of the year - so there might be some smoke and mirrors in the interim.
It's Doug Hawkins isn't it?

Close. It's Warrick Capper.
phiew.

I see Geoffrey Edelsten has gone bankrupt, he might be looking for a job?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

lets us just name everybody who could be a candidate and legencdary can then say which one we are looking at. i do hope that the person is alos looking at us as well and its not just a one sided look :)

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Close. It's Warrick Capper.
Capper never played for us. Not a Saints person. Jacko would be far more appropriate.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Close. It's Warrick Capper.
Capper never played for us. Not a Saints person. Jacko would be far more appropriate.
That's true but club want to look at other cultures etc

onlooker2
Club Player

Did Robson (Hawks/E'don) end up at another Club or did he just fall on his sword at E'don and drift off into the wilderness?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think AA is a saints supporter .. or is it GM thats a saints supporter ??? ... i know its one of the top hob nobs of the AFL was a saints supporter .. i know its not AD

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

onlooker2 wrote:Did Robson (Hawks/E'don) end up at another Club or did he just fall on his sword at E'don and drift off into the wilderness?
Robson is CEO of Melbourne Victory in the A-League I think. Someone may be able to confirm.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
onlooker2 wrote:Did Robson (Hawks/E'don) end up at another Club or did he just fall on his sword at E'don and drift off into the wilderness?
Robson is CEO of Melbourne Victory in the A-League I think. Someone may be able to confirm.
Confirmed it myself. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-11/e ... ry/4814864

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i think AA is a saints supporter .. or is it GM thats a saints supporter ??? ... i know its one of the top hob nobs of the AFL was a saints supporter .. i know its not AD
Gillon McLoughlan

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
sainters4eva
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Confirmed it myself. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-11/e ... ry/4814864
He may become available after the A League season finishes. Do we want him though after the Essendon saga, he must have been asleep on the job to not see what was happening.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

sainters4eva wrote:He may become available after the A League season finishes. Do we want him though after the Essendon saga, he must have been asleep on the job to not see what was happening.
Of course he knew what was happening. If he was at St Kilda I would have expected him to do the same - push the boundaries and maybe get us one step closer to a flag. Everyone having a go at Essendon is being a hypocrite.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
sainters4eva wrote:He may become available after the A League season finishes. Do we want him though after the Essendon saga, he must have been asleep on the job to not see what was happening.
Of course he knew what was happening. If he was at St Kilda I would have expected him to do the same - push the boundaries and maybe get us one step closer to a flag. Everyone having a go at Essendon is being a hypocrite.

What for being drug cheats? :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Everyone having a go at Essendon is being a hypocrite.
Absolutley not and who says? Maybe some people have ethics.

I wouldn't want us to do what Essendon did. I'd rather finish dead last than do what they did.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. To call people hypocrites for having differing views is ludicrous!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Disagree wholeheartedly - unless you think none at the other clubs had thought of taking peds and the Bombers were the only ones or the first ones to think of it.

This is obviously not true - peds have been around since the 70s and every single person who works at AFL clubs would be familiar with them. Everyone in the training areas would know a lot about them. Go back to Matt Barber at the Eagles in the 90s. None of this stuff is new (the peptide hybrids are new but as I said - all clubs would be intimately aware of them).

But 17 clubs agreed this was not a path they wanted to take the sport down and 1 club didn't.

This doesn't make Essendon 'innovative' it makes them dead set cheats.

As for Robson - really difficult to know where he fitted it with all of this. He may not have known intimate details - just that a 'peptide' program was happening.
I say f*ck him.

I don't know why its always the same names being thrown up anyhow - the same boys club merry-go-round. Surely there are some outstanding candidates from outside the shallow gene pool that is "AFL circles".

sainters4eva
Club Player

+1

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Disagree wholeheartedly - unless you think none at the other clubs had thought of taking peds and the Bombers were the only ones or the first ones to think of it.
I think plenty of players have taken PEDs at various times. Very few have been caught but given that the AFL is not an Olympic sport, that's not massively surprising. Possibly there have even been clubs with formal programs - how much preseason drug testing would there have been in the 80s? If Hawthorn or Carlton had been injecting their players with roids in November or December no-one would even have noticed.
Con Gorozidis wrote:But 17 clubs agreed this was not a path they wanted to take the sport down and 1 club didn't.
Serious? I have trouble believing that. Essendon were the one who got caught, but Robinson and Dank worked at other places. Doubts exist about Geelong in 09, Collingwood in 10, Bock at Gold Coast - at least. Maybe Essendon just did it worse than other clubs?

Remember the thing ten years ago when Brisbane had won three flags in a row and the AFL discovered they'd been using hypoxicators the entire time? They weren't forbidden at the time and after an investigation the AFL eventually decided it was OK. But what if the AFL had banned it? Would Brisbane have been suddenly considered cheats for pushing the boundaries?

I don't know much about the specifics of the Essendon case. I have trouble bringing myself to care. But safe to say some of the injections were legal and remain legal. B12, for instance. Some of the injections were dubious and remain dubious. Very few were obviously illegal at the time. So while it could obviously still turn out that they were cheating massively, it's just not clear that's the case yet, and I don't know how anyone can have convicted them in their own mind. If the Saints were in the same position half of our supporters would be having a go at the media for victimising us.
Con Gorozidis wrote:I don't know why its always the same names being thrown up anyhow - the same boys club merry-go-round. Surely there are some outstanding candidates from outside the shallow gene pool that is "AFL circles".
I agree with that. There's obviously a bunch of deadshits who all lunch with each other and get all the jobs in this industry.

onlooker2
Club Player

Only threw up Robson's name because at H'thorn he had a huge reputation. Left there after a fallout with Jeff K but Kennett at the time acknowledged the guy's ability and thats how he ended up at E'don (if the story is accurate). They just couldn't work with each other. At E'don perhaps Robson should have known what was going on but its impossible to cover everything but he did take the fall for those directly involved. We can argue to we are blue in the face about why he did this but, I think our next CEO has to know the ropes inside and out in the AFL and this bloke obviously has this and talent.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

That's all well and good but does that mean that clown Nettlefold stays until then? I bloody well hope not.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Who is the candidate?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:

Who is the candidate?

Robert Redford.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Heidelberg_Saint wrote:

Who is the candidate?

Robert Redford.
You should have another week off for bad jokes.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Who is the candidate?

Robert Redford.
You should have another week off for bad jokes.[/quote]

It was an extremely topical joke....in 1971.