Foxtel NAB series commentary

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Foxtel NAB series commentary

Had to endure watching the Drug Cheats vs Port match last night, and really what a load of warm and fuzzy feel-good pro Essendon clap trap from the commentators- although Port were the better team on the night and at least the commentators had to finally start praising Port by the last quarter. I watched our match against the Dogs the other night, and again it was the warm and fuzzy waffling on about the Dogs with occasional mentions of the Saints. I reckon our club really needs to get whatever media machine we have, into top gear and push our presence into Foxtel better than we have been doing.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Foxtel NAB series commentary

agree mate....i turned it off...sick making actually...

watched true detective..what a show...got everything

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:agree mate....i turned it off...sick making actually...

watched true detective..what a show...got everything

Followed by "House of Cards" series 2. Claire is fitting into her Lady Macbeth role quite nicely.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

True Detective is awesome television. I am being spoiled at the moment.....The Wire & True Detective.

And have watched only one pre-season practice game so far. Boring as bat droppings.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Fidelis
Club Player

At this time of year there are a series of narratives the commentators are looking to play out. If you watched our first game, the first quarter played beautifully into the narrative they were looking for; Saints are a rabble who are diving towards the bottom, Dogs have had their time in the wilderness, have a young and exciting midfield and are on the rise. No matter that the rest of the game changed direction, the commentary didn't. As you say, the Bombers narrative is that they were on track for a sensational year last year before they were hunted down by a venomous media pack and this year is their revenge. The Hawks are a powerhouse, the Roos are coming, the Swans are all about fitting Buddy in.

It will take a while before the cliches run out of puff.

Faithful Even Unto Death